Movie Trailers: Robocop - Trailer #2

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Robocop - Trailer #2

Because a robot/human hybrid sounds like a whole lot more fun than just robots.

Watch Video

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
You know I was skeptical of this when I heard they were rebooting it. After seeing the two trailers however, I'm actually excited for this. Looks like a lot of fun.

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
God am I the only one bothered by his exposed right hand? In all the shit Robocop would go through, that would get DESTROYED. At the very least man put a glove on it.

Also, looks like Murphy is not gunned down in the line of duty, this fueling his drive to stop the man that did it in this one. He gets blown up by his own company to push their agenda... not a bad twist on the origin to be honest. Dammit MovieBob I know you said you won't but you NEED to review this movie.

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
Now, let me guess:
The "Big Plot Twist" is that the ones who blew Murphy's car are the same guys that needed "man inside the machine"?
And then he'll have his revenge by exposing them (killing most of them prior to this) and showing that Big Bad Corporations are EEEEVIL?

TheSYLOH

Feb 5, 2010
Yeah we already got a Robocop remake.
It was called Deus Ex: Human Revolution.
I hear it was rather popular.

gxs

Apr 16, 2009
VMK said:
Now, let me guess:
The "Big Plot Twist" is that the ones who blew Murphy's car are the same guys that needed "man inside the machine"?
And then he'll have his revenge by exposing them (killing most of them prior to this) and showing that Big Bad Corporations are EEEEVIL?
And now you've just summarized the entire movie together with all the plot twists except the one where they "upgrade/update" himfrom chrome to black.

otakon17 said:
God am I the only one bothered by his exposed right hand?
No you're not. I hate it. Just look at the number of bullets in the trailer alone and it makes sense that someone would hit his weak spot sooner or later.

Ace Morologist

Apr 25, 2013
otakon17 said:
God am I the only one bothered by his exposed right hand? In all the shit Robocop would go through, that would get DESTROYED. At the very least man put a glove on it.
I don't know. How many non-cyborg totally human bad-asses do you see getting shot in the hands in movies? It's not like it happens all the time. Considering how small and mobile the hand is compared to the rest of the body, it seems like it would be rather more uncommon for somebody to get shot in the hand. I'm no doctor, cop or soldier, granted...

Also, touch is pretty important to us human beings. Having a more humanlike appendage with which to touch people would be more in line with the company's stated goal of better humanizing their cyborg cop. It's a little silly, but I can see the thinking there.

--Morology!

kurokotetsu

Proud Master
Sep 17, 2008
Yeah, I don't see Verhoeven's satire, or commentary or the things that made great the original. And the las of Verhoeven's that they remade they really lowered the standard of the very 80's timeless classic. Still not impressed.

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
Ace Morologist said:
otakon17 said:
I don't know. How many non-cyborg totally human bad-asses do you see getting shot in the hands in movies? It's not like it happens all the time. Considering how small and mobile the hand is compared to the rest of the body, it seems like it would be rather more uncommon for somebody to get shot in the hand. I'm no doctor, cop or soldier, granted...

Also, touch is pretty important to us human beings. Having a more humanlike appendage with which to touch people would be more in line with the company's stated goal of better humanizing their cyborg cop. It's a little silly, but I can see the thinking there.

--Morology!
I'm sorry, what is shrapnel and doing stuff that no human hand could stand up to? There's a reason that he was given completely robotic limbs in the original movies. Human appendages can't stand up to the kind of crap he's gonna be going through, at the very least give the man a damn glove or something.

theApoc

Oct 17, 2008
kurokotetsu said:

--Morology!
I think that makes the most sense. Also, he is supposed to just be a robo-cop, not robo-soldier. Most cops are not in war zones on a daily basis, so the need for him to be completely covered seems minimal, until he is betrayed by his corporate masters, at which point, I bet he will be wishing he had a claw or a laser hand or something...

Duffeknol

Aug 28, 2010
PG-13 = I'm still out. Verhoeven remake = I'm out. No satire = I'm out. No humor = I'm out. Murphy being alive = I'm out. His family playing a huge part in the story = I'm REALLY out. I will NEVER watch this film.

Seriously I almost died when in the first trailer you hear his wife saying 'Murphy plz talk to ur sooooon :"( '

ItouKaiji

May 14, 2013
This looks like one of those knock off movies you see on the sci-fi channel. That action scene with the robots almost made me fall asleep it was so boring. I don't even see the point of this movie. There was plenty of stuff that could have been used to update the satire of the first movie, but this movie chooses to go for a straight faced blunt commentary on drone warfare.

Zenn3k

Feb 2, 2009
100% NOT interested.

PG-13
Human Hand
Looks like Batman fucked the Terminator. (Why change the iconic color scheme of Robocop? Whats next, Superman wearing all green? How about Spiderman wearing purple? STUPID)
Needless re-writes to the plot (car bomb as opposed to getting shot to death)
Very doubtful we're going to hear Rock Shop as well, the iconic Robocop theme.
Robocop talks to his family?AS Robocop?! WTF?!

I was hopeful for a cool Robocop reboot, but they clearly missed the entire point of the original film. The original will remain the superior version of this story. Hell, the effort put into JUST the memory flashback scene in his old home in the original, has more character, heart, and genuine artist value than both trailers have shown me, combined.

Great job on the fail.

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
The first trailer didn't interest me in the slightest. This one has effectively conveyed that this movie isn't trying to be anything like the others. It feels like a genuine reboot of the concept which is exciting!

That said, the trailer itself only has my hyped for the world and the concept. The action sequences felt completely generic to the point of boredom. Call it a mixed bag but at least I won't forget this movie exists like I did with the first trailer.

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
Zenn3k said:
100% NOT interested.

PG-13
Human Hand
Looks like Batman fucked the Terminator. (Why change the iconic color scheme of Robocop? Whats next, Superman wearing all green? How about Spiderman wearing purple? STUPID)
Needless re-writes to the plot (car bomb as opposed to getting shot to death)
Very doubtful we're going to hear Rock Shop as well, the iconic Robocop theme.
Robocop talks to his family?AS Robocop?! WTF?!

I was hopeful for a cool Robocop reboot, but they clearly missed the entire point of the original film. The original will remain the superior version of this story. Hell, the effort put into JUST the memory flashback scene in his old home in the original, has more character, heart, and genuine artist value than both trailers have shown me, combined.

Great job on the fail.
Given how oddly specific you are being about the things you dislike it sounds like you don't want a reboot at all but rather a remake. How does having a human hand or becoming injured in a different way truly hurt the Robocop story?

I agree with your main point. It's very hard to believe this movie will come across as anything more than a forgettable popcorn flick based on what we've seen. I don't think anyone is going into this genuinely believing it'll be better than the original.

AdagioBoognish

Member?
Nov 5, 2013
I don't understand why reboots always need to start with the origin story. We've all either seen Robo cop or have the ability to see it, so why not just jump into the universe after the events of the first one? How hard could it be to make up new plot points given that your only constraints are 1. Fusing people and machines works now 2. It's the future.

Seems like if it was a continuation then people might be more inclined to rent or buy the original if they're interested in the back story. Wouldn't that just mean a few more bucks for the studio?

Charles Phipps

Oct 12, 2013
I'm okay with it not being a straight re-telling of the original Robocop but satire of a different kind. The 21st century is not the 1980s.