Oct 20, 2010
Meh.

That is all I can really say.
Meh.

captcha: Sleep tight.
Heh good one captcha

Avaholic03

May 11, 2009
That's what I call a see-saw trailer. I can already tell the actual movie will either be really good or really awful, it won't be in the middle ground.

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
I thought V for Vendetta for for the Modern Age. I thought the point of the film was it was timeless.

I agree, looks seesawy. Either going to be amazing or patronising crap.

Gilhelmi

The One Who Protects
Oct 22, 2009
Oh great, now the left is putting out movies promoting terrorism against corporations.

Ya, Another reason to remind everyone of the pistol on my hip and the rifle by my bed.

Just a 'friendly' reminder. If you bring war on my house, I will defend it. I believe that everything has its season, a season for war, a season for peace, a season to sow, a season to reap, a season to heal, a season to kill.

At the end of the day, what season will you make it? Will you attack me an start a season of war? Or will we discuss things and it be a season for sowing tomorrows harvest? The choice is ours to make, I want the to season Sow and Heal. But if you attack me, we will not have that.

Crap like this is why I am so very paranoid these days.

LysanderNemoinis said:
Is it just me, or does anyone else hear the Soviet National Anthem?
I did not hear it, but it would not surprise me.

LysanderNemoinis

Noble and oppressed Kekistani
Nov 8, 2010
Gilhelmi said:
Oh great, now the left is putting out movies promoting terrorism against corporations.

Ya, Another reason to remind everyone of the pistol on my hip and the rifle by my bed.

Just a 'friendly' reminder. If you bring war on my house, I will defend it. I believe that everything has its season, a season for war, a season for peace, a season to sow, a season to reap, a season to heal, a season to kill.

At the end of the day, what season will you make it? Will you attack me an start a season of war? Or will we discuss things and it be a season for sowing tomorrows harvest? The choice is ours to make, I want the to season Sow and Heal. But if you attack me, we will not have that.

LysanderNemoinis said:
Well, whenever I hear this communist drivel, I always hear that. And it's funny that the people who are so anti-gun, anti-violence, and would scream bloody murder should our military drop bombs on people that attack us will then turn around and cheer like they're in the Roman Collosseum if violence and death is being directed at anyone with a bank account.

Gilhelmi

The One Who Protects
Oct 22, 2009
LysanderNemoinis said:
Gilhelmi said:

LysanderNemoinis said:
Well, whenever I hear this communist drivel, I always hear that. And it's funny that the people who are so anti-gun, anti-violence, and would scream bloody murder should our military drop bombs on people that attack us will then turn around and cheer like they're in the Roman Colosseum if violence and death is being directed at anyone with a bank account.
Agreed, They bizarrely think that people who worked hard and built a company, are automatically the ones responsible for any problems in the world. Yet they take no responsibility for the deaths and poverty they cause (abortion kills 3500 children a day, the "green" laws have sent thousands of American Jobs overseas, and welfare for the able-bodied drains us of our money).

Rome fell because of their corruption, I hope and pray that our fate can still be changed.

ThatDarnCoyote

Dec 3, 2011
INT. MOVIE STUDIO OFFICE - DAY

STUDIO EXEC#1: Hey, I just got this fantastic script! It's about this group of terrorists!

STUDIO EXEC#2: Terrorists?

STUDIO EXEC#1: No, these are the [em]good[/em] kind of terrorists. They go after rich people.

STUDIO EXEC#2: [em]We're[/em] rich people.

STUDIO EXEC#1: No, these are the [em]bad[/em] kind of rich people. They engage in deceptive marketing, lobby the government, get tax favors, and exploit people.

STUDIO EXEC#2: [em]We[/em] engage in deceptive marketing, lobby the government, get tax favors, and exploit people.

STUDIO EXEC#1: Umm, yeah, but they're really bad. Because the environment.

STUDIO EXEC#2: We can get Ellen Page to be the terrorist leader! Call her agent!

FADE OUT

Azahul

Apr 16, 2011
Gilhelmi said:
LysanderNemoinis said:
Gilhelmi said:

LysanderNemoinis said:
Well, whenever I hear this communist drivel, I always hear that. And it's funny that the people who are so anti-gun, anti-violence, and would scream bloody murder should our military drop bombs on people that attack us will then turn around and cheer like they're in the Roman Colosseum if violence and death is being directed at anyone with a bank account.
Agreed, They bizarrely think that people who worked hard and built a company, are automatically the ones responsible for any problems in the world. Yet they take no responsibility for the deaths and poverty they cause (abortion kills 3500 children a day, the "green" laws have sent thousands of American Jobs overseas, and welfare for the able-bodied drains us of our money).

Rome fell because of their corruption, I hope and pray that our fate can still be changed.
Woah, hold on there guys. It's just a movie, and if it pulls it off it's a movie with a fairly interesting premise (although odds seem good that it won't manage to pull it off). Because, yeah, it's totally bizarre to think that people in charge of companies that cause enormous amounts of damage to both the environment and the lives of other people should be punished. I highly doubt though that the people making the movies honestly believe that they should be punished by being poisoned or shot.

Also, seriously? "Communist drivel"? What is this, the 1960s? As a communist, I greatly resent eco-terrorists being given that label. Two very different things. The first is an economic policy that attempts to bring equality to all, and the second is a wildly inappropriate method of trying to protect the environment.

Anywho, the movie is something I'll be keeping an eye on. If they pull it off I'll be ecstatic.

Gilhelmi

The One Who Protects
Oct 22, 2009
Azahul said:
Gilhelmi said:
LysanderNemoinis said:
Gilhelmi said:

LysanderNemoinis said:

Woah, hold on there guys. It's just a movie, and if it pulls it off it's a movie with a fairly interesting premise (although odds seem good that it won't manage to pull it off). Because, yeah, it's totally bizarre to think that people in charge of companies that cause enormous amounts of damage to both the environment and the lives of other people should be punished. I highly doubt though that the people making the movies honestly believe that they should be punished by being poisoned or shot.

Also, seriously? "Communist drivel"? What is this, the 1960s? As a communist, I greatly resent eco-terrorists being given that label. Two very different things. The first is an economic policy that attempts to bring equality to all, and the second is a wildly inappropriate method of trying to protect the environment.

Anywho, the movie is something I'll be keeping an eye on. If they pull it off I'll be ecstatic.
Ya, because these liberal idiots want to take away my half of families land just because my father died in their "Death Tax". Or "redistribute" wealth to those who do not work hard for it. Why work hard and move up, the government guarantees you will always get little? I do not even really mind the communists as much. I just wish that they would not try and force all American into that lifestyle.

I can understand you not wanting to be associated with the "Eco-terrorists". It might be the same as the Westbruoe Baptist Church and me. They are NOT Christian, but I have been accused of bigotry THEY have done. So I will sympathize with you there.

Though, not all of the trailer was "Eco-terrorists" plot. I do remember a couple lines about "stealing" from the people.

Azahul

Apr 16, 2011
Gilhelmi said:
Azahul said:
Gilhelmi said:
LysanderNemoinis said:
Gilhelmi said:

LysanderNemoinis said:

Ya, because these liberal idiots want to take away my half of families land just because my father died in their "Death Tax". Or "redistribute" wealth to those who do not work hard for it. Why work hard and move up, the government guarantees you will always get little? I do not even really mind the communists as much. I just wish that they would not try and force all American into that lifestyle.

I can understand you not wanting to be associated with the "Eco-terrorists". It might be the same as the Westbruoe Baptist Church and me. They are NOT Christian, but I have been accused of bigotry THEY have done. So I will sympathize with you there.

Though, not all of the trailer was "Eco-terrorists" plot. I do remember a couple lines about "stealing" from the people.
Must have been in some other trailer. That one doesn't have anything about stealing (and even then, that would only make them communist by the standards of right-wing propaganda, which would be an odd way for a communist group to identify themselves as communist...). Anyway, eco-terrorism and communism are even further apart than Westboro Baptist Church and Christianity. The WBC identifies themselves as Christian and believe in many of the same articles of faith that Christians believe in (plus their own sick and twisted dogma), whereas eco-terrorists and communists are two entirely different branches of extreme left politics. An eco-terrorist doesn't have to believe in any of the basic ideas of communism, and vice versa. Which is why terms like left and right wing politics are fatally flawed, as they fail to capture the fact that politics would be hard to map on a three dimensional map, let alone on a straight line.

For the rest, I have no idea what your personal situation is like with your father and your land, so I won't comment on that. However, I will say that if someone is poor and in need of government support, that does not make them lazy. If all you needed to succeed was to work hard, everyone in the west would be poor as dirt compared to the people I've met barely scraping together enough to feed themselves each day in, well, any third world country you care to name. Even in the west, the poor you meet rarely choose to be poor and unemployed, and most are in that situation due to economic factors beyond their control.

I should note though that I'm not American and don't give a fig whether America is Communist or not. However, by those standards, it would be nice if America (or, more accurately, American companies) stopped manipulating the economics of the entire planet to keep themselves on top and to ensure that so many of the world's poor remain destitute and barely able to survive. America can be as Capitalist as it likes so long as it confines its self-destructive policies to itself.

Commissar Sae

Nov 13, 2009
Gilhelmi said:
Azahul said:
Gilhelmi said:
LysanderNemoinis said:
Gilhelmi said:

LysanderNemoinis said:

Gilhelmi said:
LysanderNemoinis said:
Gilhelmi said:

LysanderNemoinis said:

Hmmm, you have some of those facts backwards. Companies don't transfer labour overseas because of green laws, they move overseas because profit matters more than anything else. Foreign labour is a lot cheaper most of the time because they don't have to pay them a fair wage or deal with those pesky security standards. People are used up and thrown away and it's okay because it means you get a slightly cheaper ipad.

You have this nice polemical argument going though so if you want to rage at the "lefties" for everything that's wrong with the world feel free, but you only make yourself look silly in the end.

Edit: oh and 18,904 children died per day in 2011, most of them from preventable causes. Lets try to help the kids who are actually living and dying first before we worry about potential children.