Movie Trailers: The Tall Man - Trailer

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
That tall guy must really love children to go though all that trouble to kidnap one. I'll pass on this one.

'I'm pretty sure that this was made by a short person.' yup.

TheAmokz

Apr 10, 2011
TheDrunkNinja said:
When's Slenderman going to get his Hollywood debut?!
When somebody digs up and releases the originality buried behind the hollywood sign.

SnakeoilSage

Sep 20, 2011
Mcoffey said:
So this isn't actually about Slenderman and is just about some kinda tall serial killer with a van?

That's so... disappointing.
Very disappointing. They must have wanted a Slenderman film too, but had to water it down to avoid being compared to him. Too little too late though, eh?

Eternal_Lament

Sep 23, 2010
Mcoffey said:
So this isn't actually about Slenderman and is just about some kinda tall serial killer with a van?

What's more disappointing is the twist of this movie, in which:

it turns out the Tall Man is actually an organization around the world that kidnaps kids from bad homes and puts them in better ones, with Jessica Biel being a member of this organization. The kid she tries to find actually belongs to someone else who came back to get her kid from Biel who was the original kidnapper.

Anyways, even if I didn't know what happened in the film I still probably wouldn't see it. It reminds me too much of "I Know Who Killed Me" and "Gone", both of which were terrible. Also, in regards to a Slenderman movie, it would only really work if, much like Slenderman stuff in general, it is vague and ambiguous enough that it could still work with all other Slenderman stuff.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
Uhh why is a movie that is on Zune in the XBL marketplace going to theatres? If you are trying to beat piracy you are doing it wrong.

Kragg

Mar 30, 2010
Mcoffey said:
SnakeoilSage said:
Mcoffey said:

Very disappointing. They must have wanted a Slenderman film too, but had to water it down to avoid being compared to him. Too little too late though, eh?
What's weird about it is they didn't have to. I'm pretty sure no one owns the rights to Slenderman. He was just something the internet made up one day. They could have easily made one.
its just a coincidence, slenderman was invented june 2009, filming on this movie started sept 20th 2010, too soon to have crossed over imho

Diceman

Aug 21, 2008
Yeah, having seen this movie already (I honestly thought it was out ages ago) I will say that it is without a doubt incredibly disappointing on so many levels.

Don't bother watching. You will have just wasted a couple of hours of your life.