MovieBob in Zombieland

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
Heh, indeed, I'm reading Charlie Brooker's latest book, and he says how he tried to avoid being seen by a 'celebrity' he'd been scathing about in his column, but the guy comes over and says 'hi Charlie', and He gets all embarrassed and explains how he didn't mean what he wrote, and then finds out the didn't know, and just wanted to say he'd enjoyed something else Charlie had done. *God please open the ground to swallow me time*

On the topic of Zombieland however, I was already sold by the trailer, but Moviebob sold me a carrycase and the extended warranty too. The icing on the cake was seeing a review in the Daily Mail when visiting my parents which slammed as an awful generic tedious zombie flick with no redeeming features, which is pretty much a guarantee that it will be huge fun.

Their reviewer is like a third rate Oscar judge, fawning over anything 'worthy' and any movie that shows a hint of being enjoyable or fun gets smug derision poured over it from a great height.

I should probably say I really enjoy Bob's reviews too here, as I seem to have slipped off topic just a little.

L.B. Jeffries

Nov 29, 2007
Nice write-up. But seriously, you need to pick an avatar.

Now I'm not trying to tell you it should be a pic of Dick Tracy.

http://www.michaelmurray.ca/blog/A.%20Warhol,%20Dick%20Tracy.jpg

But your avatar should be a pic of Dick Tracy.

clauwman

Jan 31, 2009
Catering made out of carnival food and Twinkies?! That's simply amazing.

Great article M-Bob.

rddj623

"Breathe Deep, Seek Peace"
Sep 28, 2009
Fun telling of what appears to be a fun first big time interview. I appreciate your style and sense of humor Bob.

MDSnowman

Apr 8, 2004
I had a similar experience the first time I stayed overnight in New York City. The room itself wasn't anything amazing, but the next day at breakfast people were actually serving me, in suits and stuff. The only time I felt more uncomfortable was at the wedding of a girl I liked.

J-Alfred

Jul 28, 2009
You've got a very interesting writing style, don't you, Bob? I like it. And yeah, I can identify exactly with the surrealness about how normal film stars are. It's a little unsettling.

I was in LA last summer with my church choir, and we had just finished singing for a big food court kind of place. We were sitting down to eat when suddenly this elderly man comes over and says that we sounded great, and can he eat with us? We say sure, and he sits and starts asking about how are we liking choir, how long does it take us to learn a song, and so on. And then, about ten minutes into this conversation, it hits me:

The man at our table is Dick van Dyke.

Burt from Mary Poppins is sitting at our table, talking to us about choir practices. No fanfares, no announcements, no crowd of fans following him around, just this great actor, all by himself.

Fortunately I was able to hold it together for the rest of the meal, then he said good-bye and walked away.

The sheer normality of the man was overwhelming. He hadn't been vain, arrogant, anything. But it was so cool.

Powerman88

Dec 24, 2008
Loved the article. Are you from the Boston area or did you fly in for this? I live right outside Boston and love it.