MovieBob Presents E3: The Movie

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
MovieBob Presents E3: The Movie

E3 gets the Hollywood treatment.

Read Full Article

Kieve

Jan 4, 2011
Skimmed over it, but as SyFy (ugh) cheesy as it sounds, I'd still watch it if Bruce Willis was actually in the thing.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
E3 getting "bigger" every year is debatable; more and more publishers don't center their hype machine around it anymore with more big announcement being made before or after it. Heck, the event can hardly get to three days when it used to be five.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Reminds me of Metal Gear Solid a lot.

Even does the repeat-last-phrase-of-what-the-other-guy-just-said thing.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
This was absolutely hilarious. Well done, Mr. Moviebob, well done.

My only complaint is that it doesn't really feel like an actual Hollywood script. It's just too intellectual and sophisticated.

TiberiusEsuriens

Jun 24, 2010
I know we're being trolled, but now that this article exists on the internet I am suddenly VERY worried. This really does sound like a not-into-games writer trying to make a movie similar to Scott Pilgrim. This could happen and actually get a movie deal...

Jan 12, 2012
Neat article, but weird formatting; I'm guessing it would only be about 2-3 pages if there were more than 5 words per line during the dialogue bits.

gridsleep

Sep 27, 2008
It helps that I read this while listening to a random chiptunes mix in u2b on another tab.
Excellent, Bob. Very entertaining. Please, don't ever do that again.

Xyebane

Disembodied Floating Skull
Feb 28, 2009
I get that the Onion has popularized fake news stories for satire, but you gotta commit to it for it to work.

Darth Marsden

Sep 12, 2008
Is it... is it bad that I actually want to see this?

Like, I know it'd just be a big ol' parody, but still... I'd watch it.

Apr 28, 2008
Is it sad that I feel like I've seen this movie before? Like, seriously, I've seen all that split up among many, many movies.

Ugh... so bad.

Jun 23, 2008
Don't you know this is better than any video friend?
It's an action movie
Here we go watch the bad guys get their butts kicked
Really makes me feel good

Don't you know it's Nintendo?
Really gets the blood flowing through my veins now
Don't you know it's a feel good show, electronic bliss
It's a video, video

There they go now, there go all my friends... [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajVIiS65TFY]

238U

Sylocat

Sci-Fi & Shakespeare
Nov 13, 2007
Noooooooooo, not Doug!

He... he comes back for the sequel, right? He's not really dead... ooh, maybe they use some respawning tech like in Edge of Tomorrow to bring Doug back, thus giving him extra lives!

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
What on earth did I just read? I get that it's supposed to be a parody or something, but I don't even get what it's trying to be a satirical towards.

Rellik San

Feb 3, 2011
In the next one, a proxy for Peter Molyneux starts using Occulus rift to make people smarter and stronger for games, but also slowly turns them into willing slaves for himself, which he intends to use to over throw the President.

Only Dirk and New Doug (played by Jonah Hill as a former Games Designer for Molyneux) can stop him.

Only this time in act 3 New Doug has to snap Dirk out of being controlled and as Dirk rips off the VR Device and battles the mind control, seeing in his enslavement he killed Tess, all he can do is growl in a manly way: "I didn't ask for this."

Roll credits.

BOOM! Billion bucks and a set audience for the conclusion.

We could also do a none canon spin off where Doug and New Doug have to bumble around to see the new Metal Gear movie before general release, involving a road trip, Seth Rogan, Simon Pegg and Nick Frost.

CelestDaer

Mar 25, 2013
Nope! Nope! Got as far as 'They're optioning Peeps for a movie' and couldn't read any more.