Movies that made you cry that you thought wouldn't.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
The newest King Kong
And I'm not even joking
I knew when I went to watch it that ...
*Spoiler alert*
... Kong is going to die
and I know I feel sad when animals die
*Spoiler ends*

But I really didn't see that one happening :/

Mid Boss

Aug 20, 2012
I see that no one has brought up I Am Legend and Seven Pounds yet.

Anyone who has seen I Am Legend knows exactly what scene makes me cry. Seven Pounds has me on the edge of tears nearly the whole damn movie. You KNEW something terrible was going to happen at the end. So even the happy scenes were muted with this sense of foreboding.

Dragonlayer

Aka Corporal Yakob
Dec 5, 2013
Four Lions made me well up quite a bit: I've never been comfortable dealing with the child-minded and to see that particular character manipulated so simply.... urgh (shudders). Also Inception, when Fischer (I think) realises his dad did care for him.

Brainpaint

Sep 28, 2011
Wreck It Ralph. When Ralph wrecks Vanellope's car. I've felt that total betrayal from someone I've cared about thinking they were doing the right thing before and the animations on the faces... Damn, nearly doing it again now...

Kevin Puszert

Sep 22, 2012
I recently teared up when tai-lung was fighting shifu in a youtube clip.

I never wanted to see a muskrat die so much in my life.

Nov 28, 2007
Brainpaint said:
Wreck It Ralph. When Ralph wrecks Vanellope's car. I've felt that total betrayal from someone I've cared about thinking they were doing the right thing before and the animations on the faces... Damn, nearly doing it again now...
Forget the animations on the face. Sarah Silverman's voice acting is what made that scene go from sad to tear-jerking. Seriously, that scene shows that whatever you think of her stand-up comedy, Sarah Silverman can act the hell out of her voice.

Porygon-2000

I have a green hat! Why?!
Jul 14, 2010
The 4th Harry Potter movie. When they came back from the graveyard... oh god, the feels ;_;

cojo965

Jul 28, 2012
The hell? Guys, Terminator 2 is pretty much the codifier for this. For most of the movie it seems to just be an action vehicle until the ending which you should probably see yourself. Fuck, I'm tearing up thinking about it, DAMN YOU ARNIE!

shogunblade

Apr 13, 2009
Jedamethis said:
Pacific Rim. YES I CRIED AT THE GIANT ROBOT MOVIE SHUT UP
When baby Mako's crying and holding her shoe and hiding and then Stacker Pentecost comes along and...goddamn. I have a weak spot for lost children okay.
I missed that one. That hit me too, that's but one of the reason I love it the way I do. Thanks for reminding me

Dark Knifer

May 12, 2009
The closest I have for this was re watching the first episode of thomas the tank engine.

I usually don't get nostalgia but boy I nostalgia hard on this, so much I cry.

Miyenne

May 16, 2013
I cry during movies with huge wars. I guess it's just the thought that thousands of families were destroyed for something most of them didn't even care about, let alone chose to fight for. And that this happens all the time in real life.

That being said, when a single person dies I almost always feel no emotion at all, except maybe vindication that the character deserved it because they made the wrong choices.

DuctTapeJedi

Nov 2, 2010
Is it bad that I've been tearing up just reading the thread? Anywho:

"The Visitor."

The staff members watched it the old summer camp I used to work at. It's about Muslim immigrants. I cried like a child.

Lugbzurg

Mar 4, 2012
http://a5.mzstatic.com/us/r30/Video/v4/28/38/34/28383432-e589-f9f3-c804-6f3660655799/WreckItRalph_Disney_US_Apple.jpg

The scene where King Candy tried to explain to Ralph what would happen to Vanellope if she won the race was one thing. It was taken further when... you know... the car "happened"? Or rather, "didn't happen anymore"? That took it up to eleven.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-JUTBf0EsfQk/UT-GBCYnvAI/AAAAAAAAIvk/-kfJQ5YS_U0/s1600/127308C31C_WIR_31_50.0100_v1.3.jpg

Estranged180

Mar 30, 2011
This gets me every time.

To explain the 'why' of it, I'd have to tell you that I'm the forgotten one. The rest of my family disowned me because my mother passed away, and I'm the only one that gave a shit.
Capcha: that hurts

Sarah Kerrigan

Jan 17, 2010
Requiem for a Dream. Obviously. I knew it was going to be sad, but finally watching it stabbed my heart (pun not intended)and it hurt. Alot. Still a very well made movie though.

The ending. Harry laying in bed with his infected arm and crying because he finally realized it was his fault his life was fucked, his mother in intense treatment, his girlfriend resorting to selling herself for money...It was horrible