Movies that people say are bad but you can't help but like?

Verbera

Jul 1, 2009
Gamers II: Dorkness Rising. Yes, the acting. Yes, yes, the special effects. But c'mon. Gamers. Dice. Gamers. It was awesome.

Captain Pancake

May 20, 2009
Cryofthewolf said:
I really enjoyed the Resident Evil movies, even the third one which completely took the Resident Evil storyline and shoved it down a zombies decaying throat.
Did anyone else notice that the guy from ugly betty was in the original resident evil movie?

now i know i'm gay...

Fumbles

Apr 15, 2009
Vrex360 said:
Fumbles said:
metalmmaniac said:
Fumbles said:
Watch these movies... Barbarians, Shark Attack III: Megalodon, Troll 2... They are so horrible, that you cant help but to like them.
YES! listen to this man

i can't help but like horrible 80s horror movies.
probably the best one is Sleepaway Camp
Critters is "better"
While I respect that you liked it I have to say Critters the movie.... I was kinda scared of because of how low budget it was. I found it pretty lousy in honesty, though I guess kinda funny too.
That's why I mentioned it.

breadlord

Apr 21, 2009
I would have to say RV, from my stand point the commerials looked terrible and looked like ANOTHER robin williams film, but when you watch it the retardation that was presented in the commerial was a fake wilted flower.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
28 weeks later is my pick. Everyone tells me 28 days is better and the sequel is a shame. I do admit 28 Days was better. However, I liked 28 weeks later. It made me interested in the horror genre.

However, I wonder if Danny Boyle will direct 28 months.

EDIT: Checked on Wikipedia. It looks like he will direct 28 months later. ^_^

Mckin3228

Mar 18, 2009
I really enjoyed watchmen most of the people I know who didn't like it had read the comic. I hadn't so I found it a snazzy movie.

|.|HaL

Apr 12, 2008
Hudson Hawk.

P.S. Starship Troopers should not be mentioned anywhere in this thread, since anyone who entertains the notion that it's anything less than genius (on a par with Robocop I'd say) ..... is clearly an idiot.

solidstatemind

Digital Oracle
Nov 9, 2008
Misterpinky said:
I also enjoy an old flick called Strange Brew, but no one has heard of it so they can't really diss it.
Take off, hoser. I am quite familiar with the comic stylings of Doug and Bob McKenzie, thank you very much.

As for me, I'd have to say:

Most 80's Steven Segal movies. (guilty vice)
Terminator 3
Children of Men (which seems to be hated by the SFF literati but I thought was a brilliant adaptation of the novella)

metalmmaniac

Jun 30, 2009
All of my friends seem to hate my favorite movie of all time, Memento. i guess it's just too complicated for alot of people to like it.

Ashbax

Jan 7, 2009
deathstrikesquirrel said:
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
I know this is a thread about, y'know, liking movies others hate..but...

HOW COULD YOU!?

Crono Maniac

Jan 8, 2009
Digimon the Movie.

A. I watched this movie weekly when I was seven, so the nostalgia value is through the roof.
B. It's awesome.
C. It's on YouTube for free.
D. Rotten Tomatoes marks it as better than Transformers 2.

Now that's a guilty pleasure.

Lord Thodin

Jul 1, 2009
House of Flying Daggers.

Everyone of my friends thinks its retarded, and cant stand the fact i wont let them dub the english in their so they dont have to read the subtitles but i fucking love that movie and all parts of it.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
I love Jason X. Of course I love all of the Jason films (except 5, obviously). But many hardcore slasher nuts panned Jason X for it's ridiculous premise, plot, and space theme. Personally though, I think a Jason movie should be as far out as possible. Over the top and silly has worked for decades with that franchise.

So I'll show up and cheer for the Goalie from Hell no matter what kind of setting they come up with for him. A time travelling machete that sends Jason to Egypt to fight mummies? I can't buy my ticket fast enough.

I also don't get why everyone rags on Michael Bay films. They're dumb, fun, summer popcorn flicks and that's all they're trying to be. So rather than complain, I prefer to just shut off the grey matter, sit back, and enjoy the ride. His films, as well as the Jason franchise, are more akin to amusement park rides than fine cinema. So as long as that's what you expect from them then you won't be dissappointed.

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
i once watched matrix 2+3 late at night with my brain turned off, found them to be rather entertaining

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
Misterpinky said:
I really lik the Riddick movies and the Mad Max movies. I also enjoy an old flick called Strange Brew, but no one has heard of it so they can't really diss it.

Hoser.

Foolish Mortal

May 5, 2008
AdmiralWolverineLightningbolt said:
Inside Man
What? Inside Man? But... but... It has Denzel Washington! It has a legitimately clever heist plan! It has Clive Owen! It has Christopher Plummer! It has Jodie Foster! It has a cameo from Chiwetel Ejiofor, for gods sake!

What's not to like?

MrDeano89

Jul 1, 2009
starship troopers, inside man, be kind rewind, trasformers, v for vendetta, the puisher (but not no.2)

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Pokemon's 8th Movie. I was pleasently surprised when I was unwillingly subjected to it, I found myself rather enjoying it. Its the one with that Lucario thing? Yeah... I'm going to hell but I like it.

hmmm what else... I can't think of any particularly poor movies that I like right at this moment, that one kinda sticks out because there was a niggling little 'everyones voice' that you're 'watching a friggin pokemon movie' its supposed to be &@#!.