Movies that you are told are bad, that you consider good.

Sutter Cane

Jun 27, 2010
The Spirit - Delightfully cheesy, and i just thought most of the jokes worked

Southland Tales - Again i just found it funny, and enjoyed the reinterpretation of the book of revelation

Drive Angry 3D - I really don't understand what the critics expected out of this one. IMHO delightfully over the top action.

Hudson Hawk - Like The Spirit, it's essentially a live action cartoon, and I think it works on that level

Indy IV- While admittedly not as good at the first 3 It really isn't that bad and is certainly watchable

The Matrix Sequels- Mainly because I didn't find them all that confusing like other people seem to. Revolutions could have used some trimming to the zion battle sequence though

The Star Wars Prequels- for many reasons, but it'd take too long to get into at the moment

Heaven's Gate - I feel it was judged unfairly on its initial release due to it's production

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
So, the second Sherlock Holmes movie received a bad score from critics, which immediately set off my "Critics are paid to hate movies." alarm, so I went and determined for myself the nature of the film.

I stepped into a medium theater room which was packed, meaning that I had a hard time finding a good seat, FOR A MATINEE. During the film, I heard sounds of people being entertained. The laughed, they cheered, and then...at the end....they clapped.

Not everyone claps at the end of a movie, so either this was the most decent audience in the world or the second Sherlock Holmes movie was, in fact, good. I also enjoyed the film, so that was practically a confirmation of the facts. Critics... HAH!