Movies that you are told are bad, that you consider good.

Cid Silverwing

Paladin of The Light
Jul 27, 2008
Space Jam.

I can understand why people hate it though, because it apparently plays like a 90-minute sports shoes commercial starring Michael Jordan that sidelines the Looney Tunes whenever he's on-screen.

Not as bad as the Transformers trilogy though (which I only watched a few times before promptly ridding myself of that garbage).

bluepotatosack

Mar 17, 2011
LilithSlave said:
I'm told by many people that Asian film of all varieties is all weeaboo crap worse than watching anime and is vastly inferior to Western film.

But I just love Asian movies. So fun.
What, like all Asian film? Have they never heard of Akira Kurosawa? Chan-wook Park?

...Takashi Miike?

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
Hulk.

I don't know why, but I just feel the story is told pretty well. All the characters are more or less believable, the action scenes are really realistic (about as realistic as a giant bodybuilder fighting a giant trio of dogs can be) and the whole movie is set out in a way that screams comic book in a really delightful way.

I've always had the feeling that it got a terrible reputation because you don't actually see the hulk until about an hour and a bit into the movie.

ScorpSt

Mar 18, 2010
Super Mario Bros.
X-Men: the Last Stand

I guess that's about it. Typically, I find more movies that people love but I hate or at least find way overrated.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
Tron Legacy. Coming from a person who hasn't seen the originals.

The movie looked so fucking good, the cyan and amber on black and all the dystopian-looking inventions and clothing; I'd kill to be able to see it in theaters in 3D again, it looked that good. Music was fantastic, since it was by Daft Punk. CGI was fantastic and complete eyecandy. Story was still easy to enjoy, even if it wasn't that strong. I immensely enjoyed CLU as a villian, and the finale at the end with CLU.

floppylobster

Oct 22, 2008
Sucker Punch.

And Kung-Pow is an awful film with juvenile humour. But it made me laugh so what can I say?

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Among critics: The Boondock Saints
Spirit (Frank Miller's movie)

Aaaand...that's about it from the top of my head.

Fieldy409_v1legacy

Oct 9, 2008
That Conan the barbarian remake. I think its better than the arnold one(a lot more loyal to the original conan too, except for the whole village being destroyed thing)

Tehlanna TPX

Mar 23, 2010
Event Horizon.

LOVE IT. But every time I mention that I enjoy it I get the shocked look one gets when they inform some one of a particularly nasty fetish. Jaw dropping, the whole nine yards. :(

TownTattle

Nov 7, 2011
yogibbear said:
Consider Drive is likely to win a whole bunch of awards that shouldn't be in this thread at all. That was an AMAZING movie and my favourite of 2011.
Well I can't be held accountable for the taste of my friends. My personal favourite is The Artist and I hope it will (though I highly doubt) that it will lead to more silent films being made.

galaktar

Nov 16, 2011
The Postman. Yeah it was long, but you have a dirty hunk of coal for a heart if you didn't feel uplifted at the end.

General Twinkletoes

Suppository of Wisdom
Jan 24, 2011
TestECull said:
GeneralTwinkle said:
Ragnarok185 said:
TestECull said:
BUT IT DESECRATED AN AMAZING SHOW!

We have nothing to say to each other.
Avatar the movie has about as much in common with Avatar the anime as my forum avatar does. Name only. It didn't desecrate anything that way, and I can't take anyone who claims it did seriously.
Well i wasn't being very serious :p But that movie... eugh.

Mr Somewhere

Mar 9, 2011
Tehlanna TPX said:
Event Horizon.

LOVE IT. But every time I mention that I enjoy it I get the shocked look one gets when they inform some one of a particularly nasty fetish. Jaw dropping, the whole nine yards. :(
Yeah, I've seen it, couldn't stand it. The first act was rather strong, albeit it derivative, painfully so at times, regardless it was rather strong. But dear lord is it hard to sit through the rest of the film. It falls apart piece by piece.

Rylingo

Aug 13, 2008
I liked the first transformers movie. The Third movie wasn't terrible either.

The Village. Loved every minute of it.

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
I liked Transformers 2. Don't really care what anyone else has to say about that.