Movies that you are told are bad, that you consider good.

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
Treblaine said:
Kung Pow: Enter the fist (by metacritic, 14% critics score)

Street Fighter The Movie

You know street fighter the movie was written by the same person who wrote Die Hard. And in a gloriously cheesy way, it shows and it works! Kung Pow also I can see how people can write it off as being ridiculous, but I love it for it's perfect timing of such absurd humour.
Me, and Kung Pow go way back, and it's one of my all-time favourite movies.

I was in my early teens when I first watched that movie.

Me and my sister slapped the DVD on that I borrowed from a mate of mine, and we were in fits of laughter through the whole entire thing, to a point of nearly dying from it. Even now as adults, Me, my friends and My sisters still make sneaky references to it. For example, I still can't see the MOT sign without thinking "Evvvvil Council!!!".

Good times, Good times...

Scrustle

Apr 30, 2011
Sucker Punch! It's far from the best film in the world but it's got a really cool style and is visually spectacular. All this crap about Zack Snyder putting his own sick sexual fetishes in the film is just bull crap. There's a million films out there with more disturbing/inappropriate sexual content than that film, and it's such an ad hominem criticism too. I swear most people who saw that film had made their mind up about it before they even saw it.

Inuprince

Aug 12, 2008
Deep Rising
Alien 3
Cats and Dogs 2

Perhaps a few people will agree, on the first 2 choices, but I'll probably be forever alone with the last one :)

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Scrustle said:
Sucker Punch! It's far from the best film in the world but it's got a really cool style and is visually spectacular. All this crap about Zack Snyder putting his own sick sexual fetishes in the film is just bull crap. There's a million films out there with more disturbing/inappropriate sexual content than that film, and it's such an ad hominem criticism too. I swear most people who saw that film had made their mind up about it before they even saw it.
That's what everyone told me when I said I was going to see that movie, and I have no idea why they targeted that specific movie when, as you've said, there are other movies doing the same thing. I think the only reason I can think of where that could possibly be it is that Sucker Punch was more honest about it and was used in the story. I loved that movie, and the music was awesome.

OT: Starship Troopers. I really love that movie, and I know some of the acting was terrible, but it fit into the movie well. Plus, Michael Ironside was a badass in that film.

MysticToast

Jul 28, 2010
I thought I'd be in the minority for saying Sucker Punch, but I've seen quite a few people here who liked it as well. Personally, it's one of my favorite movies.

I'll also have to say Kung Pow. It's hilarious

Ignatz_Zwakh

Sep 3, 2010
The Expendables
Con Air
The Fountain
Shoot the Piano Player...and Imma too lazy to think of others. Suffice to say, they exist..oh wait, and House of 1000 Corpses.

Gabanuka

Oct 1, 2009
Avatar (blue cat people not that abysmal piece of crap that demolished my favourite TV show and ruined the whole story/world it created!)

All Harry Potters

Terminator 3

Sucker punch

Patrick Buck

Nov 14, 2011
One of the Batman Movies, I'm not sure which, it was a while ago. My whole family hated it, but I loved it! But I went to see it with them, so they made fun of it, and talked thoughout, which kinda ruined it for me. Urgh.

rayen020

May 20, 2009
x-men origins wolverine. i never understood why it was so universally hated. It has it's share of problems and i'll be the first to admit that, dodgy CGI, crappy out of place love story, over the top evil for sake of being evil bad guys, semi broken story. But it's a decent x-men movie, WAY better than that monstrosity X3.

8a88leph1sh

Mar 17, 2010
The Kingdom. Rottentomatoes claims that it's an over the top action flick but all of this "action" is contained in a 15 minute section in the beginning and a 30 minute section at the end so I'm not sure what they mean. It also has one of the most powerful endings I have ever seen that makes you think hard about the conflict throughout the middle east and the hatred towards the united states.

FinalDream

[Insert Witty Remark Here]
Apr 6, 2010
Street Fighter The Movie (Jean Claude) - That film is just too funny to hate!

rayen020

May 20, 2009
ccdohl said:
Green Lantern wasn't that bad. There was too much of Hal Jordan at parties or in his apartment, but the few parts with him doing GL stuff weren't bad.
Well thats kinda the problem, in a movie called Green Lantern you expect alot of GL stuff, not alot of Hal Jordan stuff. I think that movie could've been forgiven for alot if it just had more Green Lantern hitting bad guys with a giant green hammer.

FireFox170

Dec 15, 2007
League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
Kung Pow
Pretty much anything with Nick Cage..I don't know why but I like his movies.
The Punisher (First one, with John Travolta)
Starship Troopers
Super Mario Brothers
John Leguizamo

PsychedelicDiamond

Wild at Heart and weird on top
Legacy
Jan 30, 2011
I think somebody already mentioned Speed Racer. Yeah, there's a some stuff in there that only kids will like. Yes, the character of the little brother and his pet monkey were unbearably annoying. Yeah, some of the CGI looks a bit outdatet. It was still really good. It's creative, cartoony fun with, as cheesy as that may sound, a heart. It also looks really great... i mean, the art design was done by the same guy who did Scott Pilgrim so it's obviously gorgeous.

Southland Tales is not only better than most people say, it's one of my favourite movies of all time. It's complex, funny, well written, full of clever political and social satire, has some pretty good actors and very interesting visuals and really amazing scenes. I was skeptical at first, considering i didn't really like Donnie Darko, the directors previous movie all that much but Southland Tales just blew me away. Definately the best apocalyptic comedy since Doctor Strangelove.

Sucker Punch wasn't that bad either. I mean, it was pretentious and full of not fully realized ideas. To be fair, i was kind of offended by the way it tried to have a feminist message while showing it's heroines in a really fetishistic way. But still, the action was pretty good and so were the visuals. It was better than most other pure action movies out there.

ExileNZ

Dec 15, 2007
Scarim Coral said:
I can't remember the last time I seen a good film in my view despite what my mate say. I do however had a opposite experiences to this.
When Indiana Jones was out my mate had seen it and was praising it. I went to watch it with my bro and needless to say we hated it (Alien??!!). My mate was puzzles when I gave him a piece of my mind about that film.
These days his taste in film is different to my since he like the Hangover part 2 and want to see that upcoming Three Stooges film.
Three Stooges? Really?

I think you need to burn him. With fire.