Mozilla Refuses to Drop Domain Seizure Circumvention App

Alon Shechter

Apr 8, 2010
Scott Bullock said:
Mozilla's lawyer, Harvey Anderson, asked Homeland Security on his blog [http://lockshot.wordpress.com/2011/05/05/homeland-security-request-to-take-down-mafiaafire-add-on/] if taking down MafiaaFire was a legal requirement or just a request, as the legality of MafiaaFire circumventing a government ordered take-down was not made clear.
My god, he's just begging for a slap.
"Hey man, this thing is illegal, please take it down"
"FUCK YO-- Oh wait, is that a request or a legal order?"

MrTub

Mar 12, 2009
Empty Seven said:
As you will soon discover, this post does not fixate on a single topic or subject. To be perfectly frank and honest, it started out rather focused but I soon found, as I worked on my primary hypothesis and sought corroboration from other sources, that I have quite a number of different things to say about Mozilla. I will start this discussion by arguing that one relevant maxim that I hope you'll always remember is, "Mozilla feeds on our goodwill like worms feed on buried corpses". Then, I will present evidence that if Mozilla thinks its witticisms represent progress, it should rethink its definition of progress. The tone of Mozilla's politics is so far removed from reality I find myself questioning what color the sky must be in Mozilla's world. This view dangerously underestimates the unrealistic quality of poststructuralism. That's too big of a subject to get into here so let me instead discuss how it is an interesting organization. On the one hand, Mozilla likes to draw unsuspecting airheads into the orbit of disagreeable pip-squeaks. But on the other hand, if we don't remove the Mozilla threat now, it will bite us in our backside sometime soon.

While I can't speak for anyone else, I profess that Mozilla has been telling people that it should be a given a direct pipeline to the National Treasury. This story has been uncritically swallowed and regurgitated by many half-informed, mudslinging weasels who find pleasure in believing it. No, I can't explain it either. However, I can say that I can easily see Mozilla performing the following pertinacious acts. First, it will subordinate all spheres of society to an ideological vision of organic community. Then, it will dispense outright misinformation and flashlight-under-the-chin ghost stories. I do not profess to know how likely is the eventuality I have outlined, but it is a distinct possibility to be kept in mind.

What's scary is that support for Mozilla's blockish subliminal psywar campaigns is spreading like a prairie fire among the worst sorts of gutless conspiracy theorists there are. I don't know why that is, but I do know that there is no place in this country where we are safe from Mozilla's goombahs, no place where we are not targeted for hatred and attack. In effect, Mozilla has spent untold hours trying to dress up its profit motive in the cloak of selfless altruism. During that time, did it ever once occur to it that our long-corrupt legal system is parlously close to establishing a precedent that will enable it to make us less united, less moral, less sensitive, less engaged, and more perversely sick? I'll tell you what I think the answer is. I can't prove it, but if I'm correct, events soon will prove me right. I think that it has, on a number of occasions, expressed a desire to work both sides of the political fence. On all of these occasions I submitted to the advice of my friends, who assured me that when one examines the ramifications of letting it empty garbage pails full of the vilest slanders and defamations on the clean garments of honorable people, one finds a preponderance of evidence leading to the conclusion that I want my life to count. I want to be part of something significant and lasting. I want to embark on a new path towards change. As a final reminder, please don't let Mozilla's prevarications dissuade you from guarding against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by Mozilla and its coterie. Let this post serve as your compass while you journey through Mozilla's wilderness of lies.
This post is not a debate contest in which I convince you to agree with me or vice versa. This post is concerned only with establishing the truth about Mozilla. For openers, if Mozilla had its way, schools would teach students that it can make all of our problems go away merely by sprinkling some sort of magic, pink, pixie dust over everything that it considers warped or combative. This is not education but indoctrination. It prevents students from learning about how Mozilla's childish "Mine! Mine! Mine! Now! Now! Now!" attitude makes me think that maybe you should think of this letter as a clarion call for us to champion the poor and oppressed against the evil of Mozilla. Hence and therefore, my sources tell me that Mozilla intends to pigeonhole people into predetermined categories in a matter of days. Not on my watch! I am therefore calling upon all good citizens to enlighten the mind of Man and improve him as a rational, moral, and social being.

Despite the fact that Mozilla's intimations represent a new illogical, lazy ethos that disgusting poltroons will eventually use to hammer away at the characters of all those who will not help it discredit legitimate voices in the incendiarism debate, Mozilla thinks that you and I are morally inferior to hotheaded hatemongers. Of course, thinking so doesn't make it so. Mozilla swims in a sea of isolationism, the waters of which roil with anger and resentment. Most of that anger and resentment is directed towards people like me who take a no-nonsense approach to dealing with pharisaical, duplicitous polemics.

Faith is harder to shake than knowledge, love succumbs less to change than respect, hate is more enduring than aversion, and Mozilla's ideological colors may have changed over the years. Nevertheless, its core principle has remained the same: to turn a deaf ear to need and suffering. If you don't believe me then note that Mozilla likes thinking thoughts that aren't burdensome and that feel good. That's why it will probably respond to this letter just like it responds to all criticism. It will put me down as "grotty" or "unpatriotic". That's its standard answer to everyone who says or writes anything about it except the most fawning praise. If you ever ask Mozilla to do something, you can bet that your request will get lost in the shuffle, unaddressed, ignored, and rebuffed. Now that this letter is over, I pray that my logic and passion have convinced you that at the heart of the problem is Mozilla's obliviousness to history, its moral cowardice masked in bold rhetoric, and its overwhelmingly shallow political posturing.

Mar 29, 2008
tanis1lionheart said:
HG131 said:
tanis1lionheart said:
This is troll, yes? Cause, if not - must be Kim Jon Ill, Mao, or Stalin in disguise. No AMERICAN - who support the US Constitution would be a fan of the P.A.T.R.I.O.T. A.C.T 2 - unless they're traitors.
*snip*
*snip*
but, but, TERRORISTS!!!!!!!

edit:
or in spirit of thread:
but, but, PIRATES!!!!!!!

MrTub

Mar 12, 2009
Empty Seven said:
Tubez said:
Empty Seven said:
slap
I write posts, not letters.
Yeah and my post was a automatic generated from an awesome website.

You wrote much but you really didnt say anything

for an example:

"While I can't speak for anyone else, I profess that Mozilla has been telling people that it should be a given a direct pipeline to the National Treasury. " Right...

" I will start this discussion by arguing that one relevant maxim that I hope you'll always remember is, "Mozilla feeds on our goodwill like worms feed on buried corpses". "

"Then, I will present evidence that if Mozilla thinks its witticisms represent progress, it should rethink its definition of progress."

samaugsch

Oct 13, 2010
Tubez said:
Firehound said:
Tubez said:
Firehound said:
Tubez said:
Eri said:
Numachuka said:
Eri said:
Raiyan 1.0 said:
If the domains are not in the US, Homeland Security has no jurisdiction over them.
You can say that all you want, but that's not going to stop them if they want something down.
YEAH MAN BECAUSE LIKE AMERICA RULES THE WORLD DUDE THEY CAN DO WHATEVER THEY WANT BECAUSE.... AMERICA!

OT:Even if the remove the addon another will get made and even if there isn't there will be plenty of ways of finding the new domains.
I wasn't even siding with them, just stating. And yeah, America can pretty much do whatever it wants, who's going to stop them? No one. Obviously they wouldn't go crazy but if they did, you couldn't do much.
Yeah cause USA is going to start invading other countries just cause we aint their *****. And fun fact do you know what will happen with USA if china & rest of the world would stop buying your stuff?
Just pointing out it is a bad idea.

world depression since the US would return the favor?

Don't kid yourself, America is as much gummed up in the works as any other group. We may be slowly killing ourselves, but hopefully we'll recover. It's wrong for this to be done.

@AMERITARDS: America does NOT have the political clout it used to back during the cold war, so stop drinking the cool aid. So no, if people like say.... The British decided they didn't like a site being pulled down by the DHS, it would stop being pulled down.
When did I ever say that the rest of world would be perfectly fine?
Yeah it also a very fucking bad idea of USA to try to force laws on other countries.
Wait, the US is forcing laws on other countries? How is that any of our business?

Firehound

is a trap!
Nov 22, 2010
Tubez said:
Empty Seven said:
Tubez said:
Empty Seven said:
slap

for an example:

"While I can't speak for anyone else, I profess that Mozilla has been telling people that it should be a given a direct pipeline to the National Treasury. " Right...

" I will start this discussion by arguing that one relevant maxim that I hope you'll always remember is, "Mozilla feeds on our goodwill like worms feed on buried corpses". "

"Then, I will present evidence that if Mozilla thinks its witticisms represent progress, it should rethink its definition of progress."
Some sort of political website? that is used for political speeches?

MrTub

Mar 12, 2009
Firehound said:
Tubez said:
Empty Seven said:
Tubez said:
Empty Seven said:
slap

for an example:

Nah an automatic complaint-letter generator website

http://www.pakin.org/complaint

Firehound

is a trap!
Nov 22, 2010
Tubez said:
Firehound said:
Tubez said:
Empty Seven said:
Tubez said:
Empty Seven said:
slap

for an example:

Nah an automatic complaint-letter generator website

http://www.pakin.org/complaint
I think it's an automated political speech generator in disguise.