MS Confirms Online Connection, Game Borrowing and Used Game Details

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
-Dragmire- said:
StriderShinryu said:
"...Offline gaming is not possible after these prescribed times until you re-establish a connection, but you can still watch live TV and enjoy Blu-ray and DVD movies."
Wow, Microsoft is so generous! I get some of the benefits of the X1, like being able to watch tv and play blueray/ dvds without an internet connection, without owning the actual console! What will they think of next!
Hey, based on the initial reveal event, they're basically letting you do almost all of what the One is for, so it is a pretty big deal.. ish?

My favourite part of their info dump is when they talk about how the One lets anyone play yoiur games on your console while logged into your account as if that's some new feature that's never been done before.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
MrWunderful said:
I don't agree with that at all. So what happens if all the sudden nobody buys any games, because we are all standing up for what is holy (in your opinion)? Its not like these huge publishers are going to go away and all these small publishers are going to rise up and take their place and NOT implement something similar. It would be a wonderful world if everything was done for the "love of it" but that is just not reality.
What you do is you let them die.

Then you support new people who don't do these things.

If they continue not to do them GREAT.

If they start doing them you let them die.

That's uh...that's kinda how its supposed to work >.>.

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
doesn't seem like its evil just more annoying then it should be. even i have to draw the line somewhere

Vylox

May 3, 2013
Wow, just ... wow.

I'm so glad I got out of consoles when they decided to shaft backwards compatibility .....

So let's get this straight (and I apologize if I go over something already covered here) I spend a bunch of money on a game system that has less gaming functionality and capabilities than my 2 year old tablet, then I get to spend a minimum of $60 on a rehash of a rehash of a remake of a remade game... then, I basically can't give said game away unless I have friends on my list for at least a month (mind you, I don't have an XBox Live account prior to purchase) unless I choose to get seriously anally screwed by an "approved" used game vendor. To add icing into this wonderful cake of pure vomit, I must connect to the internet at regular intervals to play said rehashed remakes of games that I was able to play on the Sega genesis and ancient computers (with sometimes lower graphics..).

I can't for the life of me see why I shouldn't be ecstatic.