Multiplayer on games that no one is playing.

EzraPound

Jan 26, 2008
aquaman839 said:
Motorstorm Pacific Rift. Last week it took me a while to find a match and when I did it was against the same 6 people for some time. Also this past week couldn't find a decent game with GTA. I thought GTA was always populated.
I know--it bites. You'd think more people would be playing this (great) game.

When I play Soul Calibur IV on PS3, I can only really find games by searching for rank quickmatches, and even then they'll often be stints where I won't find any, or I'll be matched with the same person several times in the space of an hour. This is the most recent Soul Calibur!

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
TriggerHappyAngel said:
Hiphophippo said:
TriggerHappyAngel said:
Command & Conquer: Renegade ... multiplayer in that game was awesome when it still had a pretty active playerbase
Oh man, it totally was. I was going to post this as well. We played the ever loving shit out of it at a LAN shop I used to work at. It was so awesome.
Amen brother, a- freakin' -men.
What role did you prefer to play? I was an engineer myself (and still am in TF2) and whenever possible I rocked the Hotwire special engineer for extra bombs. I was a goddamn ninja in that game. I don't think everyone there knew you could go 3rd person so sneaking around in third person was basically cheating against a team full of fps players. I would always sneak in behind the ore harvester. :D

MurderousToaster

Aug 9, 2008
MisterM2402 said:
I think everyone just abandoned Team Fortress 2 - can't find a single sole online...
What in the hell are you talking about? I've got 803 servers with people in them on my server list.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2.

I tried it when it first came out. The people who got up to 9999 points on the leaderboards must've done it and then quite a week or so before I got there. There is NO ONE.

The one guy I found after days of searching I had to add to my friend's list just so I knew somebody. But haven't played with him since.

MisterM2402

Nov 19, 2009
MisterM2402 said:
I think everyone just abandoned Team Fortress 2 - can't find a single sole online...
Delusibeta said:
Presumably you're referring to a console version of that game. Either that, or you have a problem with your PC.
mikemart said:
umm are you playing on the PC or consle?
Ih8pkmn said:
Are you playing on the Console? Get the PC version!

Or, if you are on PC, try setting all of your server filters to their default options.
Bazamm said:
You gotta be trollin.
MurderousToaster said:
What in the hell are you talking about? I've got 803 servers with people in them on my server list.

It's like the most populated game I know! XD Though I guess that isn't saying much since I only really play TF2 and L4D2 online...
And yes, PC version for me.

mrF00bar

Mar 17, 2009
TriggerHappyAngel said:
Command & Conquer: Renegade ... multiplayer in that game was awesome when it still had a pretty active playerbase
Oh you just flooded me with nostalgia, when Renegade first came out the multiplayer wasn't too dry but its died pretty soon.

TriggerHappyAngel

Self-Important Angler Fish
Feb 17, 2010
Hiphophippo said:
TriggerHappyAngel said:
Hiphophippo said:
TriggerHappyAngel said:
Oh man, it totally was. I was going to post this as well. We played the ever loving shit out of it at a LAN shop I used to work at. It was so awesome.
Amen brother, a- freakin' -men.
What role did you prefer to play? I was an engineer myself (and still am in TF2) and whenever possible I rocked the Hotwire special engineer for extra bombs. I was a goddamn ninja in that game. I don't think everyone there knew you could go 3rd person so sneaking around in third person was basically cheating against a team full of fps players. I would always sneak in behind the ore harvester. :D
I was an Engineer bro too, always healing people's expensive vehicles and keeping the assault team alive while planting some sneaky explosives... good times :)

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
Well, Uncharted 2's multiplayer was never that big. But I've always gotten matches done.

Also:

What?

Appleshampoo

Sep 27, 2010
Gardenclaw said:
We have a perfect dark Night every wednesday, 4 of us at least normally make it online. Very very rare we get anyone else in our games.....
I never managed to find a game on that. What time (and zone) do you usually play? I may hop in one day!

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Hazzaslagga said:
Last few time I've tried to play assassins creed brotherhood on XBL i haven't been able to find a game which sucks. Anyone still playing?
I haven't played since December, but it's still popular. It's number 6 and number 1 on the top games for the 360 and PS3 here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/top_games].

DragonBorn96

Jan 17, 2011
Chappy said:
DragonBorn96 said:
Supreme Commander for the 360, in my time of having it, I've never had a game on it, EVER.
Same, but I would have put that down to the game not having the most friendly interface for console, I think the first game was made for PC gamers through and through not for us mere mortal Console owners :p

From what I heard online games could also take ages for SupCom, and well FPS - 15 mins a game and online Console RTS - 1 -2 hours with most of that building an economy and expanding? I would think a lot of people wouldn't have the patience.
I think the longest I've ever gone is with a Supreme AI and that took 2 hours of wave after wave of units from me and the AI, It ended with me sending 5 Universal Collosi against him because nothing else could get through at all. Strangely he had a nuke silo, but he nver used it :p

Mar 29, 2008
SpiderHam666 said:
smv1172 said:
Shadowrun which is awesome because it is cross platform for pc and xbox on same games and even with two sources of players there are very few to be found.
well hell you can ALWAYS find a game if you really look for it
yeah that's true, it isn't completely dead it is just slim pickings

Optimus Hagrid

Feb 14, 2009
There's no more depressing sight than seeing lists of empty servers in games you used to play religiously. Quake 2, Warsow... not quite dead but definitely nowhere near as active as they were.

I also used to play TF2 on the Xbox on a nearly daily basis. Of course I've been playing the PC version for months now. But I still hold the Xbox version of the game in high regard, for multiple reasons.

C.B.M. said:
IamQ said:
Also:

What?
Yeah, sometimes I have to refresh that thing a few times before I get something I can type (or read). Like if something has an "a" with that accent over it or the "o" with two dots? Not gonna happen.
Yes it will.

Where there is a nonsense word in captcha, ie. a word in a different font, impossible, mathematic or foreign symbols, or anything that doesn't look like a normal captcha word... you can type anything in that word's place and it'll work. Assuming you typed in the 'proper' word correctly.

For example, I would've typed "bumbums niecr" and I'm very confident it would have worked.

The more you know.