Multiplayer that is ruined by hackers/modders/cheaters.

GalanDun

Jun 27, 2013
Goldeneye on the Wii has this going on with every other match. Either someone has auto-aim on their sniper-rifle or infinite fragmentation grenades. Other than that it's pretty fun.

King of Wei

Jan 13, 2011
Xukog said:
So,I have been pvping in dark souls,and every other person i run into has infinite health,or infite divine blessings(items that restore full health,and cure nearly any status ailments with a short animation that is extremely hard to stop,which you normally only get a few of.) It's very discouraging,and I was curious,what other games have multiplayer ruined by people that screw with the game?
Well, crap. That's on the PC version yes? Was thinking of firing the game up again but if that's what PVP's been reduced to, screw it.

When I used to play Armored Core 4 & 4A people would unplug their ethernet cable if they were about to lose making the match end in a draw. Most of the top ranked people pulled this kinda crap too which made it even more sad. Not so much hacking as it is taking advantage of developer stupidity but it ruined the multiplayer regardless.

L4Y Duke

Nov 24, 2007
thejackyl said:
Hackers ruin games for everyone but themselves, imo. I gave up playing a CoD game because of my issues with hackers in MW2, Almost every game I would have someone either aim botting, wall hacking, or just plain invincible.

Another game that is co-op, that I felt was ruined for me by hackers was Dungeon Defenders. Me and a friend bought it and played the first two worlds. I leave for lunch and come back. He now has gear that every piece gives him 10000 tower damage, health, and whatever other stats. All he would have to do is place one of his fastest towers next to each of the crystals and he could solo any level without the help of any of the other players.

He also called my bad since I refused to hack the game, and a threw away any non-legit item he gave me. This is also the same friend who called me a cheater for installing a respec mod in Torchlight 2... I don't even...
It got slightly better in MW3, though not by much. It still had significant hacker problems when I played it, and the problems got so bad that I eventually just gave up on it.

Let me put it this way: In a standard 90 minute session of MW3, I'd see more hackers than I would in 400+ hours of Team Fortress 2.