Music is dead....

shadowstriker86

Feb 12, 2009
so im looking to listen to some new good music....unfortunately there is none to be found. so then i looked onto youtube just for a small glimpse of hope. first names that come up are justin beaver, lady gaga, rihanaana, and miley cyrus. it then occurs to me that no one sent me a letter or an email to Music's funeral. How long has it been dead, seriously? it really saddens me that the last good band that i know of is Tenacious D. Any thoughts on this?

delet

Nov 2, 2008
You're just looking in the wrong place. Find a genre of music you enjoy, then search only for that. For me, that genre is Symphonic Metal. As of now, I have a 'big 4' of terrific Symphonic Metal bands: Nightwish, Epica, Krypteria, and Within Temptation.

You can find good music, you just need to know what your definition of good is, first.

Contun

Mar 28, 2009

What do you get when you mix Led Zeppelin, Queens of the Stone Age, and the Foo Fighters?

[small]Them.[/small] Crooked. Vultures.

sketch_zeppelin

Jan 22, 2010
Your in a music funk go out and listen to somthing you normally wouldn't you may find somthing new you like.

music isn't dead just stop listening to mainstream

Kindlebee92

May 15, 2008
While I have heard many people say I'm wrong, I find Tool to have some really good songs - my favorite song of all time is without a doubt "Lateralus"

edit: Also, Maynard James Keenans solo project, Puscifer (which is still on tour) is not bad

rosemystica

Jan 24, 2010
Just keep looking.

I actually found out about a cool new blues guy from watching Top Gear. Dude named Seasick Steve. He's awesome. :D

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
shadowstriker86 said:
so im looking to listen to some new good music....unfortunately there is none to be found. so then i looked onto youtube just for a small glimpse of hope. first names that come up are justin beaver, lady gaga, rihanaana, and miley cyrus. it then occurs to me that no one sent me a letter or an email to Music's funeral. How long has it been dead, seriously? it really saddens me that the last good band that i know of is Tenacious D. Any thoughts on this?
Well, it isn't new, but it's certainly good, look for some Cast, man.

Bellvedere

Jul 31, 2008
I thought you were talking about the music record industry when I read the title.

Music is not dead. I don't know what music you like but I'm generally not a fan of Tenacious D so I think me suggesting anything is sort of pointless. There's bound to be something you like though. Music is more accessible than ever if you know what you're looking for. Youtube is totally not it though.

Revolutionary

Pub Club Am Broken
May 30, 2009
Well music being dead is very subjective. I personally have two concerts booked in for this year.
(BFMV and Metallica)

SquirrelPants

Dec 22, 2008
Person Dude said:
Music is not dead. Pop music is, but then again when was it ever alive?
Yes. Michael Jackson in his better years. Otherwise, no, not really.

Whenever I get in a music funk, I try Pandora. I look up a station for a band I like, and it gives me a nice, diverse cross-section of the sort of genre that band is in.

Timotei

The Return of T-Bomb
Apr 21, 2009
"Good music never goes away. It's just placed on a shelf to be used as a comparison for others by elitists." [small]~Anonymous[/small]

I find that when I can't find good music on the radio or on the web I always turn to my caminets of albums and pull out some Bob Marley, Beatles, Green Day (only have Dookie), or 2Pac. Music which has withstood the test of time and comparison to newer material of its genre.

Ironboot

Mar 9, 2010
Aby_Z said:
You're just looking in the wrong place. Find a genre of music you enjoy, then search only for that. For me, that genre is Symphonic Metal. As of now, I have a 'big 4' of terrific Symphonic Metal bands: Nightwish, Epica, Krypteria, and Within Temptation.

You can find good music, you just need to know what your definition of good is, first.
I'm also enjoying symphonic metal a lot at the moment... Listening to Within Temptation right now, actually!

OT: Music is not dead, you just have to avoid the mainstream music. You'll find some truly great music if you dig a little deeper.

RaphaelsRedemption

Eats With Her Mouth Full
May 3, 2010
Just keep looking. And stop going mainstream. Check out local bands, learn an instrument yourself or do the unthinkable and buy music from a genre you've never really been exposed to before.

I recently became hooked on the game Tropico. You play a South American dictator running an island. The soundtrack is fitting - all by a Cuban band. I never listen to that sort of thing as a rule, (I'm a symphonic metal/rock type normally) but this soundtrack was so damn GOOD! And I'm glad I didn't just turn the music settings to "off" when I began the game, because my tastes have been widened as a result.

Timotei

The Return of T-Bomb
Apr 21, 2009
Kimarous said:
As far as I'm concerned, anyone who says "(subject) is dead" is narrow-minded.
What if they are talking about Mayan civilization prior to Spanish conquistadors?

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
Music has never been more alive. Just because the mainstream is 90% brainless pulp doesn't mean there isn't a ton of good stuff out there.

Corven

Forever Gonzo
Sep 10, 2008
Sorry I can't hear you over how awesome this Devin Townsend song is; good music isn't dead it just gets buried underneath all that samey pop shit.