Music that you consider of poor quality, but love anyway

axlryder

victim of VR
Jul 29, 2011
Welcome ladies and gents. In this thread we list off our musical guilty pleasures. Bonus points if the song manages to have an awful music video to go with it. If all goes well by the end, we should all have a bit less respect for one another a good laugh. To begin:

Launcelot111

Jan 19, 2012
80s pop music gets a bad rap on so many fronts, but I quite unabashedly love so much of it. My personal favorite, which by sheer luck has a moderately rad video:

museofdoom

Dec 17, 2011
I recently found myself listening to Skrillex and enjoying it, which I guess is frowned upon.

I also really like "Something in your Mouth" by Nickleback. Don't shoot me. Please don't shoot me. It's just really catchy okay??! *scurries off and hides in clam shell*

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
My younger sister was a fan of a now-dead band called S Club 7 when I was at Primary school age. Their music seemed great that time, but upon retrospect I realized the corniness of their songs' lyrics, not to mention I'm loving my little sister's favorite band for god sake.

I started loving them again after I began associating their songs with My Little Pony. THIS [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1vqEQyPbBA] song especially sounds like the perfect credits song for a finale movie.

[sub]inb4 Rick Astley [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0] and Jefferson Airplane [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7flrwE-bZVo&feature=fvst][/sub]

arnoldthebird

Sep 30, 2011
Come for the trolls, stay for Rick Astley...
I just play the song, I guess that is my guilty pleasure

Craorach

Jan 17, 2011
What is "terrible" music?

I like all kinds of stuff.. my wife hates the fact I'll listen to Norah Jones, Korn, Lacuna Coil, BT, Eminem and Metallica happily in a random order.

I tend to like music that has some kind of passion, even if its just the passion to make people feel good with cheesy lines.

axlryder

victim of VR
Jul 29, 2011
Ah, sorry about the vagueness of the thread title, I updated it for y'all to be a bit more specific. Oh, and Ke$ha counts.

saoirse13

Mar 21, 2012
HaHa Yeah some of my guilty pleasures are terrible. Evryone I know hates Kate Bush but i love her. I can't help it. Also Wham. I love a good dance to "wake me up before you go-go" Sorry I'm sorry.

rob_simple

Elite Member
Aug 8, 2010
arnoldthebird said:
Come for the trolls, stay for Rick Astley...
I just play the song, I guess that is my guilty pleasure
No kidding, I always thought I was the only one that enjoyed being Rickrolled, I usually enjoyed the song more than whatever I was supposed to be watching.

As far as shitty music that I love I'd have to say Dragonforce: they're like LARP'ing in the form of music but I love how over the top they are.

Also, pretty much any rap song from the 90's, such as...

I have a horrible feeling that this isn't even the first time I've linked to that video on here.

smokeyninjas

Apr 5, 2010
museofdoom said:
I recently found myself listening to Skrillex and enjoying it, which I guess is frowned upon.
Skrillex are awesome aint fuck all poor quality about them.

OT. Yeah all that 80's motivational crap like hearts on fire, i need a hero etc..
All horrible cheesy trash but dammit they always put a smile on my face when i'm in the gym

AnarchistFish

Jul 25, 2011
museofdoom said:
As long as you don't call it dubstep, we're cool.

OT: Some people don't like that I really like Slipknot and BMTH. That's what I get for integrating with hipsters.

roushutsu

Mar 14, 2012
Recently I've been listening to the song "How Bad Can I Be?" from the Lorax. Terrible movie and the music sucks, including that one, but I will say that that song was the LEAST awful and it does have a catchy beat to it. It gets stuck in my head so easily.

bobmus

Full Frontal Nerdity
May 25, 2010
smokeyninjas said:
Skrillex are awesome aint fuck all poor quality about them.
Skrillex is just one guy - an ex-screamo lead singer called Sonny Moore - FYI.

OT: It's got to be Taylor Swift.
<youtube=VuNIsY6JdUw>
[small]I've even seen her live. Supported by Justin Beiber.[/small]

starwarsgeek

Nov 30, 2009
"Music that you consider of poor quality, but love anyway"

Aesthetic relativism makes the arts sound so boring...

Anyways, "Firework" by Katy Perry. It's a fun, uplifting song, but it doesn't even come close to the beauty that the greatest musicians and composers have achieved.