Music while gaming.

omega_peaches

Jan 23, 2010
Do you listen to music while you are gaming?
I try to, and I wish PS3 had last.fm
Speaking of which, why can Xbox play music while playing games, but PS3 can't?

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011
omega_peaches said:
Speaking of which, why can Xbox play music while playing games, but PS3 can't?
Available RAM. PS3 can't have as many functions running at once as the Xbox can. Some games on the PS3 can have music, like the singleplayer in RDR you can have it. There's a list of games somewhere...

And yes I listen to music. I just have it on my laptop and look up songs I think fit the mood.

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
Because the Xbox has better trained pixies to work the magic. I think that's the technical explanation.

I only listen to music during multiplayer games. I find a good bit of ska metal goes well with a beer and some Gears 3 beta.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
PS3 can.

But only select games, like Bayonetta.

And yeah. I'm listening to Podcasts over Half Life right now.

Wylade

Jul 3, 2010
I listen to Papa Roach, Rise Against, SOAD, and, when things get intense, Queen.

Vonnis

Feb 18, 2011
Very rarely, the game music normally fits better than what I have. That said, there are exceptions. Finntroll´s Visor om Slutet fits Morrowind surprisingly well, for instance.

Black Phoenix

Iridescence
Sep 19, 2010
Depends on the game. I usually only do it on games like Bejewelled, or when I'm grinding something that requires long periods in one area, because I'll usually get bored of whatever the game soundtrack is providing me with in those instances. Plus, it helps (slightly) to ease the monotony of heavy grinding.

JustCallMeAlex

Jun 27, 2010
I love music while playing games unless it hinders my ability in the game. Music adds so much to the game and the game adds so much to the music for me. I like to listen to Pink Floyd (just got Meddle the other day), Supertramp, the Police, Boston or Queen. They are all

GeneWard

Feb 23, 2011
I do in minecraft and in any shooter that isnt story centric I play classic rock.

Arqus_Zed

Aug 12, 2009
Nope, people put all that effort in creating a good soundtrack for a game, making sure the atmosphere's right, the SFX fitting, etc.

So, no. I actually find it kind of disrespectful.
And, when playing genres like shooter, rhythm or fighter, it just isn't a good idea.

...Unless of course it's a game with a very VERY bad soundtrack.

GRoXERs

Feb 4, 2009
Light classical music, by composers such as Vivaldi or Hayden, or superhappyfuntimes techno, like Caramelldansen (speedycake remix), provide background music for my hyperviolent videogaming

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Nope.

Why the hell would you even want to unless you're playing multiplayer anyway? And even then, its more useful to be able to hear the game.

AngelSword

Castles & Chemo Founder
Oct 19, 2008
The only games I play music during are the as mentioned puzzle games, the aforementioned grind games, and any game where immersion is not only not part of the experience, but actively discouraged.

Smertnik

Apr 5, 2010
Never ever. SP games already have their soundtracks (which are far more fitting than anything I could ever offer, too) while in MP games music just distracts.

greenitedaze

Dec 2, 2010
Just depends on the game, but generally no. Some like others have said , allow you to use your own tracklists; Burnout Paradise, Gran Turismo, Wipeout etc