music you don't understand but like anyway

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
I listen to a lot of folk metal, yet I have no clue as to what they're saying. For all I know, they could be pulling a Rammestein and saying things like "fuck your mother" or "bend over and kiss my..." well, you get the picture.

I started with Eluveitie, then started spreading out to bands like Svartsot, Garmarna, etc. My favorite so far is Cruachan.

My friends try to get me into Jrock, but none of them really play melodically, focusing on the lyrics, which I don't want to learn Japanese just to understand a few songs...

walls of cetepedes

Jul 12, 2009
Coldsnap said:
Now you've done it, everybody will be putting that in their posts and no one will post in fear of being mod-smacked!

There will be chaos! CHAOS! The internet will run red with e-blood!

<color=maroon>User was banned for this post. (Permanent)
*GASP*

They got you too?!

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
DemonGuy792 said:
The Caramelldansen. I really, really don't know why I like that song and I definitely can't understand it, but it's catchy and I can't stop listening to it. Ah well.

NoMoreSanity said:
AmrasCalmacil said:
The Soviet Union's National Anthem. Ayup.

Goddammit I've started something.
You really have started something...

But, how are people falling for it?

Ah, no matter, it's funny watching the results.
Erm..What exactly happened here?

GodofDisaster

Premium member
Sep 10, 2009
I think i got it now well not quite the way you did but I'll figure it out (always do) anyway thanks very much for your help.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Pandalisk said:
That Irish Song in the background for the ODST live action trailer, its good, shame its a remix of the original and the original sucks.
Welsh actually. They speak Hungarian and the song is in Welsh, according to some guy at Bungie.

Anyway, on-topic. I love any of the Japanese lyric songs from Final Fantasy X onwards and any Kingdom Hearts game. It's basically just a really good set of songs with haunting melodies, and I absolutely love hearing them :)

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Fat Man Spoon said:
Coldsnap said:
Now you've done it, everybody will be putting that in their posts and no one will post in fear of being mod-smacked!

There will be chaos! CHAOS! The internet will run red with e-blood!

*GASP*

They got you too?!
They got me for a time, but I managed to overthrow the shackles of probation... ;D

Seriously though, I did a few times and even added a link one:

[small]User was put on probation for Poll: Your thoughts on the EMA [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.141817?page=2] (3 days)[/small]

But I've given that up now, since if the mods find out I don't want to really end up banned, and at this point they may be lenient and if not I can find and edit them easily enough if they ask me to.

EDIT: Damn, double post, sorry.

Boxmeister

Jun 27, 2009
With all the pieces of the puzzle that is music, it's hard to rely solely on the language of the vocals as a defining factor, for me at least. So stuff like Rammstein, Ruoska, Orange Range, Asian Kung-fu Generation, Mozart, E Nomine, Finntroll, MC Solaar, Yasushi Ishii, Yuki Kajiura, etc.

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
A good chunk of my music collection is J-Rock and J-Pop, and I have various songs in Spanish, French, German, Finnish, Swedish, and Gibberish.

I don't need to understand the lyrics to like the vocals.

Azraellod

Dec 23, 2008
ok, i'll go with

because despite their beauty, i cant understand most of what is being said. only a few words.

Evilbunny

Feb 23, 2008
Peter Gabriel's "In Your Eyes."
I don't really get what the song is about, but I like him because he gets men everywhere laid.

Aerodyamic

Aug 14, 2009
Rammstein's German albums. I don't speak enough German to understand it, but I like it anyways.

FeverusDreams

Feb 22, 2009
Most lyrics suck =) Music I don't understand the lyrics of often sounds better; the voice is a better instrument when I'm not distracted by the retardation being spewed.

Some metal I can't understand: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nK0Kc6Ofwo&fmt=18

Proof the voice can be more beautiful when you can't figure out what it's saying:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f27DYSAo5k8

Pandalisk

Jan 25, 2009
Trivun said:
Pandalisk said:
That Irish Song in the background for the ODST live action trailer, its good, shame its a remix of the original and the original sucks.
Welsh actually. They speak Hungarian and the song is in Welsh, according to some guy at Bungie.

Anyway, on-topic. I love any of the Japanese lyric songs from Final Fantasy X onwards and any Kingdom Hearts game. It's basically just a really good set of songs with haunting melodies, and I absolutely love hearing them :)
Welsh huh? Interesting