MW2 map pack - 5 maps, $15

Spiner909

Dec 3, 2009
Why?
Why couldn't Wet Work have been remade instead of this crap?
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo....

irishdude

Feb 4, 2009
ya think after making a billion dollars on the main game they would sell the map pack for 10 or less, killzone 2 had 2 map packs which were 3 for 5 for each and after a while all 6 for 7.99, god Activision are such bastards. EA and DICE can give us 2 free maps on the same day, thank god iam getting BFbc2 tomorrow.

Sieni

Aug 8, 2009
I'm going to buy it, even 2 of the maps are from CoD4. I play mw2 a lot and any new content will make the game feel fresher.

TheRealCJ

Mar 28, 2009
Rednog said:
Meh, nothing new, its almost like when Fallout had its DLC, 2 or so hours and a few weapons for a handful of cash, no problem.
DLC is and will always be overpriced.
Valve called.

They didn't say anything, they just laughed condesendingly and then hung up.

Scythas

May 19, 2009
Worgen Rogue for me.

Guildie of mine has "Retbull" already reserved, that one made me chuckle.

VanBasten

Aug 20, 2009
irishdude said:
EA and DICE can give us 2 free maps on the same day, thank god iam getting BFbc2 tomorrow.
Actually they'll be the same maps that already exist, only added to different game modes.

MattRooney06

Apr 15, 2009
WilliamRLBaker said:
I see no problem, 3 dollars per map 2 of which were the best maps from COD4, and the other 3 look to be great too.

But then again most people want em Free I'm more then willing to give money to the makers of a great game, and this content looks to be great as well.
but its just lazy

remakeing old maps is just milking the cash cow some more

and you got to admit its overpriced for what it is

MattRooney06

Apr 15, 2009
Spiner909 said:
Why?
Why couldn't Wet Work have been remade instead of this crap?
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo....
or crossfire...

actually i guess no matter what old maps they remade they would get complaints....oh well

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
Quit.
Please, guys, quit now.
You made my favorite game and you deserve a better publisher. Hell, Microsoft (hello, Crash Course DLC), Ubisoft (Hello DRM), EA (Hello bying the game twice) are better than Activision.
This sucks.

MR T3D

Feb 21, 2009
VanBasten said:
I'm one of those spoiled PC folk who always had their map packs for free so I was just wondering how does the matchmaking system work when some people have the map packs and some don't?

Do people get kicked when a new map comes into rotation or do they just not get matched with map pack folk in the first place?
usually it tries to only put you in lobbies with other non-packers
sometimes the map does come up if most have it, and then it boots non-owners
wow, 1 more map and they increase the price by 50% compared to CoD4.
what a ripoff.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
$15 for 3 new maps and 2 of my most loathed maps being remade?
Again - $15? 5 maps? 2 being remade?

I'm not seeing the appeal in getting this.
At all.

Xcelsior

Jun 3, 2009
As much as I like MW2 I don't I'll be getting the DLC. When I heard (can't remember where) they were going to price it at 560ms I would have got them, now not soo much. IMO we shouldn't have to pay for maps we already own, Crash and Overgrown.

WilliamRLBaker

Jan 8, 2010
MattRooney06 said:
WilliamRLBaker said:
I see no problem, 3 dollars per map 2 of which were the best maps from COD4, and the other 3 look to be great too.

But then again most people want em Free I'm more then willing to give money to the makers of a great game, and this content looks to be great as well.
but its just lazy

remaking old maps is just milking the cash cow some more

and you got to admit its overpriced for what it is
1. Its not remaking they have to recreate textures, geometry to make it match in and look good in the MW2 engine its not some stop and swap or something they are taking time in their job to make these 2 maps from MW2 and that takes time and work. It takes time to make maps there's building the geometry, creating textures putting it together testing it, making modifications it can take quite a while to do it.

2.I don't have to admit its overpriced I have a truck it needs fixing I pay a mechanic to fix what needs fixing I try my best to find the best mechanic and all so for the best money, but I have learned it is FAR better to develop a nice working relationship with a mechanic over the years then it is to jump over to the next cheaper mechanic the one I worked with for years knows my tastes, knows my vehicle trusts my word and I trust his and more often then that he is willing to give me a good price.

15 dollars is about 3 dollars a piece of each map and If I know infinity ward the maps will be Extremely high caliber just like MW2 is high caliber we'll get someone saying but its online is glitch filled...no and no I said this to someone on another site that in reply to Dice games being usually unrefined and if its true he put up MW2 as an example of in this day and age yes and that MW2 needed a beta. My reply was that there is no beta that could possibly have prepared them for the 1000's upon 1000's of gamers literally looking for ways to break the game because of some sense that Infinity ward hadn't fulfilled their wishes *mostly pc gamers* I mean seriously what other game is hacked so hardcore on the ps3, 360 and pc all most from launch? I mean it was totally insane, and unlike most white-hats they would give the ways to hack it and all that to infinity ward to get a good fix but it seems its mostly black-hats hacking MW2 with no throughput to infinity ward saying hey I found this this is how I did it...ect

I've loved and played IW games for a long time now, I know they deliver quality for me and am more then willing to pay money for quality maps, If others aren't they have a choice don't pay for it its not like they are being forced there are very few games that require map packs *halo 3 being one, and its stupid that they did require it* I doubt IW will require these to play MW2....Anyways map packs are usually buys for people that have a longer relationship with a game not those that don't so If you don't intend on playing the game in say 3-6 months you don't need to buy the map packs since you won't be playing it.

cubikill

Apr 9, 2009
The standard of PSN and XBL is $3 dollars a map. So 5 maps $15 dollars isn't breaking any trends. The problem comes because i have always thought map packs have been over priced. Especially when Epic releases 7 new maps and a 1 hour single player level for $15 bucks. And when Dice releases all DLC for Battlefield Bad Company 1 and 2 free of charge. So screw you Activation and Infinity Ward, I will not be buying.

pha kin su pah

Mar 26, 2008
$15, 5 maps, 3 dollars per map, 3 new, 2 old (revamped) doesn't seem that pricey too me, considering i enjoy the game, this will breathe some freshness back into it, and well $20Aud is pocket change for me.

anyways if its against requlations or whatever, but here are some Screenshots. [http://www.anaitgames.com/filtradas-las-primeras-imagenes-del-dlc-de-modern-warfare-2/] if your all interested. (complex is bailout, and compact is salvage)

Barry93

Mar 5, 2009
Those were the two best maps in CoD4, but I'm still going to pass. We shouldn't have to pay money for something that should be free; and didn't they already make enough money off of MW2?

Archimedes88

May 16, 2008
I really hope everyone concerned will put thier puchasing power where their mouth is and completely boycott this new release. The buck stops with us; if we buy it, of course they'll continue to do this in the future. If this is greeted with such poor reception that IW only recieve 10 - 50k DLs (or so) they'll have no choice but to lower the price in order to make the sales.