My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 - Redefines "Sleeper" Hit

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009

My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 is the too-late sequel to a movie most people haven't thought about in over a decade.

Read Full Article

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
Marter said:

My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 is the too-late sequel to a movie most people haven't thought about in over a decade.

Read Full Article
Is it funnier than Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2?

DemomanHusband

Sep 17, 2014
09philj said:
Marter said:

Read Full Article
Is it funnier than Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2?
For all we know, this might just actually be Paul Blart: Wedding Cop. That's how they get you; advertise it as a different movie entirely, then you walk in and

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
I remember seeing the original way back in the day. Thought it was okay, family thought it was okay. What I actually remember more was that I saw Two Weeks Notice around the same time and liked it more, and part of the reason I remember THAT movie was because it was spotlighted in Eats, Shoots, and Leaves in regards to its title (missing the apostrophe).

Otaku World Order

Nov 24, 2011
I suspect the only reason this exists at all is because everything Nia Vardolos has done in the last fourteen years has been a resounding failure. Connie and Carla, My Life In Ruins and I Hate Valentine's Day. Three strikes, it's time to go back to the minors, or in this case the last success, and hope to get a handle on what went wrong. Judging by the reviews, that didn't happen.