My Country has just won Miss World...

ioxles

Nov 25, 2008
Miss Gibraltar has just been crowned Miss World - a strange thing in and of itself, but for a country the size of a small town (30 000 pop) to have someone launched onto the world stage as such is strange as our last claim to fame /s is being a big stone made from billions of dead fish.

Well people are screaming and cheering and breaking out the bubbly all around I'll leave it at this, no real question here but I'd like to hear some thoughts on the matter.

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
That's nice. I don't really like beauty pageants etc, because they never have any girls that I like on them, but... congratulations.

JanatUrlich

Apr 24, 2009
I always find the women in Miss World to be really boring looking D= I like women with something about them

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008

Congrats to Gibralatar on having a pretty girl.

Now let's drink a shite load of booze.

GreyWolf257

Oct 1, 2009
CONGRATULATIONS! Everyone needs something to hold onto so they can have a sense of pride, so Gibraltar deserves it.

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
Miss Gibraltar? Impossible! The chances are next to none! THIS IS MADNESS!!!

No, seriously, what are the odds?

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
Where the hell is Gibraltar?
I find the Miss world girls to be fairly.. average. Theres nothign about them that makes them spectacular. They are just skinny with make up. The miss world contest are so sexist, makes me feel bad =[

Smudge91

Jul 30, 2009
Congrats miss gibralter. I've never seen the miss world contest but lets celebrate anywho

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Kollega said:
Distorted Stu said:
Dude, you fail geography, like, forever. Isn't it common knowledge?

And by the way, i fail it too. Didn't know Gibraltar was a country in it's own right.
I assumed everyone who knows what the Straits of Gibralatar knew where Gibraltar is. It's kind of in the name...

Straits from Space! [http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cf/Strait_of_gibraltar.jpg]

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
I googled her...she's got those hard Iberian/Mediterranean features. Not my type personally---then again, if I were sole judge in Miss World then no country outside the Slavic ones would bother to enter a participant. That Russian chick from last year was a mega-babe.

Blimey

Nov 10, 2009
Woah, there's a Miss World? Holy shit I had no idea. Well...man this just shatters my entire universe.

Haha, actually no it doesn't. And I don't care. I googled the chick that won. Wow. Not even that attractive to be honest.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
Amnestic said:
Kollega said:
Distorted Stu said:

And by the way, i fail it too. Didn't know Gibraltar was a country in it's own right.
I assumed everyone who knows what the Straits of Gibralatar knew where Gibraltar is. It's kind of in the name...

Straits from Space! [http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cf/Strait_of_gibraltar.jpg]
I thought it was just a City not a country. Though I am american and we don't know anything about maps.

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
So is miss world and accurate reflection of anything?

Amnestic said:
Kollega said:
Distorted Stu said:

I never even heard of the place until now. I guess I 'fail' bigtime.