My Fellow Misties! Your Favorite Episode!

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
I love MST 3K, always have, always will. I love the Cinematic Titanic work, and Rifftrax, and I'm optimistic about the MST 3K reboot, but the original will always be my first love. And seeing as I'm in the mood to do another thread about stuff we have in common instead of the stuff that divides us, I'm going to share my favorite MST 3K episode!

Outlaw of Gor!!

My god this episode, it's so wonderful. Jack Palance as a Grand Wizard in a Conan ripoff world. Terrible acting, terrible costumes, Jack Palance, terrible audio, Jack Palance. It's just, deliciously awful. And the riffs, man they get me every time, especially the ones by Trace Beaulieu as Crow. He was always my favorite member of the show, as Dr. Forrester and Crow, but the lines he delivers in this episode, just so great.

I was going to link the episode from the mst 3k club site, but sadly it's again being blocked in my country, so can't share it. Bah!

So what is your favorite episode?

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
Oooh, this is a good thread. I'm completely new to MST 3K, so I'm going to make sure to check out all the episodes people mention here.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
There are SO many good ones, so I suggest we, in order to avoid arguments, go with favorite memories of watching MST3K rather than which episodes are best.
and mine was when my brother and I introduced our life-long friend to MST3K...and Tequila shots. And it was Overdrawn at the Memory Bank
The scene were the Fat Man is trying to intimidate Fingle and Crow and Tom are just making farting and burping noises had us all on the floor, laughing so hard there was no sound and our guts hurt.

The Beginning of the End was the first episode I ever saw, and I love it. Space Mutiny, Starfighters, Sampson vs the Vampire Women, This Island Earth, Colossus vs the HeadHunters, Girl in the Gold Boots, Wild Adventures of Batwoman, The Dead Talk Back.
All classics. All have great memories for me.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Tough call, but I have considerable fondness for "The Brain That Wouldn't Die", mainly because it was the first episode I got really into.

Other favorites include:
Laserblast (the last episode of the Comedy Central run before moving to Sci-Fi Channel, back when it was good)
Revenge of the Creature (first episode of the Sci-Fi run)
The Leech Woman
The Deadly Mantis
Puma Man
Werewolf
It Lives By Night
The Undead
Space Mutiny

Queen Michael said:
Oooh, this is a good thread. I'm completely new to MST 3K, so I'm going to make sure to check out all the episodes people mention here.
Well, you've certainly come to the right place! Enjoy!

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
I have a quite a few that I find are pretty awesome.

Space Mutiny
Jack Frost
Puma Man
Werewolf
Mitchell
Final Justice
Hamlet
The Starfighter
Queen Michael said:
Enjoy!

http://mst3konline.blogspot.com/

See you in a week. :p

Redd the Sock

Apr 14, 2010
Man, I don't know if that's like picking a favorite finger or a favorite rash. Let's see:

Fugitive Alien / Fugitive Alien 2.
Hercules Against the Moon Men (DEEP HURTING. DEEP HURTING.)
War of the Colossal Beast (not the best movie, but the Mr. B Natural short is a trip)
The Wild World of Batwoman (END!!!!)
Santa Claus
Time Chasers
Overdrawn at the memory bank
Hobgoblins.

springheeljack

Red in Tooth and Claw
May 6, 2010
Werewolf is definitely one of my favorites along with the Screaming Skull and Manos the Hands of Fate

BiscuitWheels

Jan 10, 2009
The Beast of Yucca Flats is one of my favorites. Hell, any of the Coleman Francis films are all painful in wonderful ways.
I'm also partial to Catalina Caper because "Creepy Girl" is the best MST3k song yet.
The Day the Earth Froze, Jack Frost, and The Sword and the Dragon are all amazingly bat-crap crazy spectacles of Eastern European fantasy film making. They barely need to be riffed and are all great episodes.

Adaephon

Jun 15, 2009
My three favorites have always been Jack Frost, Prince of Space, and Godzilla vs. Megalon. I am also very partial to Boggy Creek 2, the Molemen, and, of course, Pumaman.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
It's completely impossible to pick a favorite from the MST3K line-up. There are just so many good ones!

However, you have all failed to do the obvious thing for this thread. WHERE are your David Ryder nicknames?!

WELL, I got that out of my system...

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
FalloutJack said:
WHERE are your David Ryder nicknames?!
"We place our faith in Blast Hardcheese."

Yep, Space Mutiny is my fav. Runners-up include The Starfighters ("poopie suit", and the Servo choir), Manos: The Hands of Fate (just... everything about it), and Operation: Double 007 ("...the HELL was that?", "Prepare to meet Kali's brother... NEAR Hell!")

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
The one I always come back to is Boggy Creek 2. I think Ive seen that one more than any other episode.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Silentpony said:
There are SO many good ones, so I suggest we, in order to avoid arguments, go with favorite memories of watching MST3K rather than which episodes are best.
Well that's good, that you want to go with your favorite, since that's actually what I asked you :p Not which one you think is best.

Queen Michael said:
http://www.club-mst3k.com/

check out that link, it's got most episodes. Well, it's got all of them, but the links cycle being available due to online privileges and stuff.

springheeljack said:
Werewolf is definitely one of my favorites along with the Screaming Skull and Manos the Hands of Fate
Omg, the hairpieces!! xD a Wurwelf? NO a WEREwolf! xD

FalloutJack said:
It's completely impossible to pick a favorite from the MST3K line-up. There are just so many good ones!

However, you have all failed to do the obvious thing for this thread. WHERE are your David Ryder nicknames?!

WELL, I got that out of my system...
Mine is Big McLargeHuge. Don't know why that always cracks me up.

Smithnikov_v1legacy

May 7, 2016
Episode? Wild Wild World of Batwoman. Good god, seeing them lose their shit more than once during the movie are my alltime favorite moments.

But favorite buffer?

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
You know only recently did I found out what the name of this show is.

Because I remember watchin this show as a little kid but I had no idea what the hell was I watching. Like what are those 3 people in the foreground?