"My Four Year Old Son Plays Grand Theft Auto" and other family stories...

QuickDEMOL1SHER

Oct 14, 2009
SuccessAndBiscuts said:
QuickDEMOL1SHER said:
That's.......... Creepy.

I mean at first it seems great, but then when you realize that he embodies exactly what the media says about gamers. That we can't establish a difference between games and real life.
I see where you are coming from but he doesn't really. He might not have known right away that it was a game and not real but kids will make exactly the same mistake with TV or Film.
That's a good point. My Film studies teacher a while back told me the story of when he first went to see A New Hope at the age of 4. It was the first movie he had ever seen and the only thing he had to compare it to was a play, so he was scared because he thought Darth Vader was actually going to be there.

I hereby withdraw my objection.

Unstoppable Wall

May 12, 2009
Errr...please allow me to pick my jaw up, it's not out of surprise, but out of the massive goofy grin I got when I read this.

Bravo, just purely, bravo little friend, you've done the gaming community proud.

Aut Vincere Aut Mori
-Unstoppable Wall

theSchlub

Mar 24, 2009
That kid made me smile and put a tear in my eye. If there are more kids like him, then gamers are gonna be just fine years from now.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
This guy is the Jesus of the Gaming Society.

I guess GTA could be a family friendly game after all!

Rockstar could make peaceful games!

Sampsa

May 8, 2008
Good story. Personaly I found the vigilance missions boring in Liberty City, but letäs just keep it between you and me, okay?