My friend made me buy Aliens: Colonial Marines

Kitteman

Dec 19, 2009
So back before Aliens CM came out my friends and I were kinda excited to play it. It looked promising and then it came out and you know the rest. Well I bought it on launch because I wanted to play with my friends in the Co-op. SInce I know to death that it's shit my friends still don't realize this. They have a case of Fanboyism and I want to smack them down into the ground with reasons why the game sucks. So please help me come up with every single reason this game sucks (preferably in list form so it's easier to read off).

Slaanesh

Aug 1, 2011
So you bought it because you wanted to play with them, yet they made you buy it...

Anyways, just tell them it sucks because it doesn't have any Predators. And Predators>Xenomorphs.

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
If they enjoy it then let them. No need to smack them down. If you can't come up with your own reasons why the game sucks then maybe you don't really think it sucks and just wanna get onto the bandwagon.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
I could give you 5,000 reasons why a game sucks but there is only one bullet point that matters:

Do I enjoy the game?

If I stated yes to that, I could give a rats ass to all the games faults. There are about 5,000 threads in this forum that already complain about the game, I'm sure you could find plenty of reasons there. In fact, since I'm such a nice guy:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/10187-Aliens-Colonial-Marines-Review-Game-Over-Man

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.400805-Aliens-Colonial-Marines-sucks

Racecarlock

Jul 10, 2010
Kitteman said:
So back before Aliens CM came out my friends and I were kinda excited to play it. It looked promising and then it came out and you know the rest. Well I bought it on launch because I wanted to play with my friends in the Co-op. SInce I know to death that it's shit my friends still don't realize this. They have a case of Fanboyism and I want to smack them down into the ground with reasons why the game sucks. So please help me come up with every single reason this game sucks (preferably in list form so it's easier to read off).
Watch the Al-LIE-ns colonial marines jimquisition and the angry joe show review and you'll pretty much have everything.

Bad Jim

Nov 1, 2010
AFAIK the multiplayer isn't all that bad. You've got the game anyway you may as well try it.

Danceofmasks

Jul 16, 2010
You play a different game, one that's actually good.
Then, if they still want to play the shitty game, kick them in the goolies.

ScrabbitRabbit

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2012
If they're enjoying themselves, let them. If they're really just being fanboys then more fool them, but if they really like the game then, well, good! People having fun is great.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Kitteman said:
Oh god I identify so hard with you right now.

My friend assures me that it is a decent game but I really don't want to spend top dollar on that game. I told him that if he wants me to play it he can buy me it himself or ill wait until its on sale.

King Billi

Jul 11, 2012
Hey you! Stop enjoying yourself right now! You're doing it wrong!

Isn't the company more important than whatever crappy game it is you happen to be playing?

Dryk

Dec 4, 2011
ScrabbitRabbit said:
If they're enjoying themselves, let them. If they're really just being fanboys then more fool them, but if they really like the game then, well, good! People having fun is great.
Having fun and acknowledging that something is bad isn't mutually exclusive. If we were all blind to a game's faults it would never improve.

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
If you need us to give you a list of things wrong with the game, you might as well give up now. I guess it's one of those cases where the players just don't know any better.

If they enjoy it so much, just let them play it, and maybe try to enjoy it with them yourself.

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
Dryk said:
ScrabbitRabbit said:
Having fun and acknowledging that something is bad isn't mutually exclusive. If we were all blind to a game's faults it would never improve.
But this isnt a game which is unsure. Its been critically panned. Those mistakes are unlikely to be repeated. So the 'They cant go on not knowing its terrible, because these 1-3 people NEED to know its terrible, even if they enjoy it' argument you're making is pointless.

If individuals want to enjoy it, good for them. As to the OP...you want to "Smack them down" for enjoying something. You're a terrible friend, I hope they ditch you.

Kitteman

Dec 19, 2009
Racecarlock said:
Kitteman said:
Watch the Al-LIE-ns colonial marines jimquisition and the angry joe show review and you'll pretty much have everything.
Angry Joe for the win

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
I rented the game and beat it all in about 5 hours. Yeah, it was shit. And I have plenty of examples why.

-For one thing, it's short length is a major downside.
-Character facial expressions are non-existent
-No need for other weapons after you find Hick's shotgun in THE FIRST LEVEL.
-The queen was a huge push-over. (Pull ALL of teh levers to win.)
-Xenomorphs are suppose to feel threatening, but...

There are more reasons why I hate the game, but I'll just leave it at that.

The only two things I liked about the game were the level up system being integrated into the single player and the "stealth" section where you don't have your weapons.