My friend made me buy Aliens: Colonial Marines

RealRed05

Feb 22, 2013
neonsword13-ops" post="9.403051.16651779 said:
I rented the game and beat it all in about 5 hours. Yeah, it was shit. And I have plenty of examples why.

-For one thing, it's short length is a major downside.
-Character facial expressions are non-existent
-No need for other weapons after you find Hick's shotgun in THE FIRST LEVEL.
-The queen was a huge push-over. (Pull ALL of teh levers to win.)
-Xenomorphs are suppose to feel threatening, but...

There are more reasons why I hate the game, but I'll just leave it at that.

There are many reasons why A:CM sucks, but I think this answers your question. Just slap your friend, tell him to snap out of it, and move on.

Loonyyy

Jul 10, 2009
Why would you want to do a thing like that?

They enjoy it, or say they do, and it's just a pointless argument. At the end, the best you can hope for is to make them angry, hurt, and upset, and the only upshot is that they'll conform to your standards of opinion.

And why would you try to do that when you can't even define your own opinion well enough to them to defend it?

Little Gray

Sep 18, 2012
Kitteman said:
So back before Aliens CM came out my friends and I were kinda excited to play it. It looked promising and then it came out and you know the rest. Well I bought it on launch because I wanted to play with my friends in the Co-op. SInce I know to death that it's shit my friends still don't realize this. They have a case of Fanboyism and I want to smack them down into the ground with reasons why the game sucks. So please help me come up with every single reason this game sucks (preferably in list form so it's easier to read off).
Yep lets beat them with out opinions until they become part of the hive mind. God forbid that somebody is actually allowed to have their own opinion on a game.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Little Gray said:
Kitteman said:
So back before Aliens CM came out my friends and I were kinda excited to play it. It looked promising and then it came out and you know the rest. Well I bought it on launch because I wanted to play with my friends in the Co-op. SInce I know to death that it's shit my friends still don't realize this. They have a case of Fanboyism and I want to smack them down into the ground with reasons why the game sucks. So please help me come up with every single reason this game sucks (preferably in list form so it's easier to read off).
Yep lets beat them with out opinions until they become part of the hive mind. God forbid that somebody is actually allowed to have their own opinion on a game.
Ninja'd. I have the game, it's okay, just an average shooter (I'd give it a 5), my initial impressions and the start of the game was awesome and then it became mundane, multi was fun though and the cool statue I got was worth it being a big aliens fan and not having access to the kinds of stuff you can find in other countries, this was my way of getting a statue for less then $300 NZD.

There are movies people don't like that I do, and I don't go around forcing people to see it my way. Just tell your friends you don't like it and get over it, they didn't make you buy it, you bought it because as you said "I wanted to play with them" not that they forced you to because they wanted to make you play it with them.

Moonlight Butterfly said:
Kitteman said:
Oh god I identify so hard with you right now.

My friend assures me that it is a decent game but I really don't want to spend top dollar on that game. I told him that if he wants me to play it he can buy me it himself or ill wait until its on sale.
That's fair enough, in fact I told a few of my friends to hold off on it, they wanted to play it with me but I said to wait until it was way cheaper. They listened, I don't hate the game, I'm already done with it. I'll play again if they ever want to with me, but I have other things I have moved on to.

Dryk said:
ScrabbitRabbit said:
If they're enjoying themselves, let them. If they're really just being fanboys then more fool them, but if they really like the game then, well, good! People having fun is great.
Having fun and acknowledging that something is bad isn't mutually exclusive. If we were all blind to a game's faults it would never improve.
Exactly, I'm not blind to it, I know the game has issues, but I thought it was okay. I even emailed the devs, said what I could. Prob won't matter, but I did my part on that front.

Sep 15, 2012
Desert Punk said:
Kellogs Fried Chickn said:
1. Natural Selection 2 will undoubtedly eventually have Xenomorph models, only a matter of time *sips tea*
NS2 already has better Aliens style gameplay than Aliens :p
Well yes but fanboys don't care about gameplay, they want the visual and audiatory elements of Aliens.
Release a Xenomorph Bellic mod on GTA4 and watch fanboys flock to it.

Headdrivehardscrew

Aug 22, 2011
Beati pauperes spiritu

If they enjoy it, why spoil the fun?

I know that I don't like it, because it's half-assed and downright offensive. It's crude, it's raw, it's got no soul.

I'd train my pitchfork at Randy at the next best opportunity for that. I gave him money, and he shat in my hand.

Headdrivehardscrew

Aug 22, 2011
DVS BSTrD said:
Just show him this:
<youtube=UGX2WE4QUw8>
If he's still in denial, stop bing friends with him.
Yup. What makes this one matter even more is a simple browse over at thatguywiththeglasses or a google/youtube search.

Angry Joe was very much looking forward to this one. If you've seen the... four years of giddy giddy anticipation, the above video really hits home.