My friend's description of JoJo (first time watching)

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Ok so, I've only ever seen maybe 3-4 episodes of JoJo, I just...couldn't get into it. I appreciate that some people find it amazing and love it, but I'm just not that guy. But anyway, a friend of mine has started watching more anime these days, and just texted me "watching jojo". To which I asked

"And what are your thoughts?"

His reply, which I fucking love:

"Its like if the dragonball creators decided to write their version of Dracula, or classic Victorian horror, where all characters act like they're performing for a wrestling audience"

Which just made me lol in my soul.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Happyninja42 said:
Ok so, I've only ever seen maybe 3-4 episodes of JoJo, I just...couldn't get into it. I appreciate that some people find it amazing and love it, but I'm just not that guy. But anyway, a friend of mine has started watching more anime these days, and just texted me "watching jojo". To which I asked

"And what are your thoughts?"

His reply, which I fucking love:

"Its like if the dragonball creators decided to write their version of Dracula, or classic Victorian horror, where all characters act like they're performing for a wrestling audience"

Which just made me lol in my soul.
Pretty accurate description. Though in Jojo Parts 1 & 2 cases, Hirohiko Araki was taking more elements from Fist of the Northstar. Part 3 is when he started finally finding his own unique gimmick.

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
Chimpzy said:
Yeah no, that's pretty much on the money. Only thing missing is the posing.
Indeed. I think the better way to put it would have been "mostly male models acting like they're performing for a wrestling audience"