My Little Ponies Throw Down in Fan-Made Fighter

stormcrow5

Jul 9, 2008
Needs nice bloody fatalities but with a twist. Whenever a character dies in your game by the fatalities they are removed from the roster and never able to be used again.

Yeaaaa if u cant tell i think this pony stuff is crap

fieryshadowcard

May 18, 2011
stormcrow5 said:
Needs nice bloody fatalities but with a twist. Whenever a character dies in your game by the fatalities they are removed from the roster and never able to be used again.

Put yourself in the roster and it's a deal.

Sinclair Solutions

Jul 22, 2010
Fronzel said:
Pretty nice character animation. I'm fairly interested to see some of the more flashy things.

Onyx Oblivion said:
Totally maining Applejack, and sub-ing Rarity
Phlakes said:
I bet Rainbow Dash will have some brutal air combos. Probably maining her.
Scizophrenic Llama said:
Obviously maining Rainbow Dash. I expect insane air juggling combos.
I think you mean "maneing".
Sit in the corner. Just...go. I can tolerate My Little Pony, but pony PUNS? Unacceptable. Now think about what you did.

Wrann

Sep 22, 2009
I think if the game had fatalities it would only be FRIENDSHIP. If it does come to fruition I will play it, mane as derpy if shes in it.

lonely tylenol

Mar 12, 2011
tehpiemaker said:
lonely tylenol said:
Yes, I still don't get it. 5 or more years ago My Little Pony was just strictly for little girls; heck, things I played with when I was a child. Now suddenly the internet loves it.

Seriously, the internet always finds the way to creep me out. Memes and rickrolls and lolcats and the 'word' lol (and several others: ROFL, etc.), unicorns, pedo bears, sad Keanu, cakes that are lies, stupid pink cubes, crapy photoshopped images with white text on top of them, nyan cats, fail fails and fail things, stolen staplers, abridged series, the misspelling of the word "the", the over-usage of the words "awesome" and "epic", Gerard Butler yelling "this is Sparta", "I can has" (I mean, what the fuck is that?), vuvuzelas, "you done goofed", "backtraced", "cyberpolice", and now ponies, among other things.

I mean, when did the internet transformed from an information superhighway meant to make our lives easier, be connected to people and have information with the touch of a button, to a huge compendium of stupid things. Does this actually make our lives better? Is this an improvement? Do we really need all that crap?
I can't help but feel that your kinda trolling. Your either a kid or an extremely immature adult. There is no need to question the internet. Just accept it for what it is.
I'm actually neither of those. I'm what people usually refer to as a young adult. Not precisely a kid, or an adult and I'm pretty mature actually, having no parents does speed up the maturing process. And no, I don't think I'm trolling (or at least I don't think I am, since I am new to this, I guess), but I do feel the need to question your questioning of my maturity (If that sentence makes any sense), so here I go:

I don't think that questioning why grown up nerds like to add captions to pictures of funny cats *replace with any internet meme* (which in fact I consider, and pretty much is a pretty immature thing to do) makes me, as you put it, an "extremely immature adult". Do you see with what we're working here. Can you see the irony in it? Now, I'm not claiming your argument is invalid, especially if you tell me your point of view (i.e. Why am I immature for thinking that e-memes are immature themselves), but until then I really think you need to work on your trolling accusations.

bootz

Feb 28, 2011
Lol I hope the have friendship moves like mk back in the day
I will pwn with Twilight sparkle and Doctor Whooves

Aidinthel

Occasional Gentleman
Apr 3, 2010
lonely tylenol said:
"Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."
-C.S. Lewis

Zolem

Jul 28, 2008
Has anypony linked to Cutie Mark Clash, the MLPxStreetfighter crossover, yet? New chapter is out. Guile vs Vinyl Scratch, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy vs Billy and Hoops, and BigMac vs Zecora.

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
Oh, this looks awesome, I can't wait for it to be finished. Nobody tell Hasbro until after the release, mmkay? Now the big problem - which pony will be my mane? I like Fluttershy the best, but I identify most with Twilight Sparkle. Decisons, decisions...

F1ak3r

Apr 15, 2009
lonely tylenol said:
words words words
1. What Aidinthel said that CS Lewis said.

2. Internet memes are funny. Not all of them, and not any of them all the time, but the basic idea of a meme is that it's funny. It's often stupid, but that's why it's funny. Junk like the Game (you just lost it) and All Your Base and rickrolling and nyancat are hilarious when used in the right context. But maybe that's not your kind of humour - I can tolerate that. Just don't call it a "waste of time". Playing games and posting on forums is just as much a "waste of time".

3. About the topic on hand: have you watched the show? You need to watch the first four episodes at least before you can give an informed opinion, as it takes time to grow into itself, as all new shows do. I mean, I thought the it was okay for the first three, but then the fourth sealed the deal and before I knew it I discovered what friendship could be.

4. This MLP craze is possibly the greatest and most positive thing to ever come out of Internet culture. It's happy and positive and optimistic, and it encourages people to love and tolerate each other. It has also prompted some of the most excellent fanworks I have ever seen. The PMVs, the music (Not A Clever Pony, RainbowCrash88, Eurobeat Brony), the art, even some of the fanfic (fanfic!) is really good and enjoyable.

5. ???

6. PROFIT!

apatDALAWAMPU

Mar 30, 2010
Ghengis John said:
First of all, this looks incredibly high quality. I hope they finish it, if only to showcase the talent of people on the internet these days is phenomenal. I'm not even a fan of the show, but I have to praise their fluid animation at this point and I too would like to wish them luck.

Secondly, man Apple Jack wall bounce into OTG? It'll be Bang 623B Daifunka shenanigans all over again. Calling it now: Apple Jack S tier. It's gonna be all Apple Jacks at Evo.
Should start an EVO 2012 petition for MLP: Fighting is Magic!

Hope Mane6 decides on GGPO for netcode.

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
John Funk said:
Ghengis John said:
Secondly, man Apple Jack wall bounce into OTG? It'll be Bang 623B Daifunka shenanigans all over again. Calling it now: Apple Jack S tier. It's gonna be all Apple Jacks at Evo.
I want you to know that this comment made me laugh way harder than I had any right to.
Mission accomplished then. I had the typical guy in mind you might know from any fighting game forum who seems to want to tournament ban every character but his character. Somehow I knew you'd get it. I find the idea of people playing this hardcore kinda funny. I particularly like the idea of this game at evo. And yet I already know... even as I joke, somebody is going to try to play this game seriously.

apatDALAWAMPU said:
Ghengis John said:
First of all, this looks incredibly high quality. I hope they finish it, if only to showcase the talent of people on the internet these days is phenomenal. I'm not even a fan of the show, but I have to praise their fluid animation at this point and I too would like to wish them luck.

Should start an EVO 2012 petition for MLP: Fighting is Magic!

Hope Mane6 decides on GGPO for netcode.
Hahaha. I want to SEE that petition.

Because Tournament MLP players need the best netcode possible, right? Naturally. Of course you know MLP is still all about the offline play.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Caramel Frappe said:
John Funk said:
Before I comment on the video, I must give you something for posting such an astounding Thread that really makes me unable to contain my appreciation for it all.. not joking.

<spoiler=From me to you>

[HEADING=1]You Rule Dude[/HEADING]

OT: Cannot wait. I dearly hope this is completed or least not sued. But, would literally love to get this game even if I have to buy it with my own money (I'm willing to pay $20 or more for it actually). Besides that, the character I dearly want to see in there is Derpy Hooves. Yes, I want to play and master Derpy Hooves.. that would make this game 20% cooler.
OMFG I agree. Screw Mortal Kombat, Screw BlazBlue, Screw Marvel vs. Capcom 3, and screw Super Street Fighter 4!

THIS GAME GETS FIGHTER OF THE YEAR!!!

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
Puddle Jumper said:
This article made me watch My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

This article made me like it.

I like watching My Little Pony.

Well ... *hands over all man cards forever*
Its all right. You trade them in for awesome cards

stormcrow5

Jul 9, 2008
fieryshadowcard said:
stormcrow5 said:

Put yourself in the roster and it's a deal.
Honestly if it means all this pony stuff would be gone from the world, Worth it

J40kfan15

Jan 30, 2010
Noticed this a week ago on Equestria Daily and I must say that I have never been into the fighting game genre but this looks quite simply awesome.

Among other things stuff like this makes me proud to be a Brony with such a creative fanbase.