My pants ripped

Firetaffer

May 9, 2010
Halfway through school today, it was assembly, and I had to choose a seat. I decided to choose a seat near the back, so I reached my leg over, just about to bring the other over when RRRRRSSHH my pants ripped. And oh no this was no ordinary rip, it was gargantuan! The only thing holding both sides of my pants together were the zipper and the place where you put the belt. I'm pretty sure everyone in the hall must have heard it, but no one appeared to take notice.

For the next three hours I was being an absolute friggen ninja, keeping my ass to the wall, my blazar low, and trying to limit the amount of time I would be standing up. Then came the horrid thirty minute walk home. I didn't know at the time how big the hole was and whether it was visible, I only felt around a bit and noticed that my trousers were nearly ripped in half. It was MEGA embarrassing, not knowing whether anyone else could see it.

So escapist members, discuss moments where your pants have ripped, and how embarrassing it was :D.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
I only wear shorts to avoid ripping, besides they're more comfortable...

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
I have never actually had my pants rip before just like that. The only time is when I fell off a bike or skateboard, does that count?

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Sacman said:
I only wear shorts to avoid ripping, besides they're more comfortable...
I'd agree with this although I look ridiculous in shorts for some reason :/

OT, I've only had one time my pants ripped and that's when I jumpped into the car and somehow, my jeans ripped from ankle to knee. They were my favorite pair too :(

Paulie92

Mar 6, 2010
My pants ripped at a party once, so I simply took them off... I may or may not have been drunk

The Arc of Eden

Jun 7, 2010
Back when i was in elementary, my mother bought most of my clothes. She didn't understand that I like baggy close for comfort and insisted on buying me clothes that "fit". Upon wearing these "pants" I didn't even make it through breakfast before they tore AND the button broke off and hit somebody else under the table.

GrimTuesday

May 21, 2009
I don't wear pants for the most part, just shorts. I have however had my shorts rip but not due to tightness. One time I slipped and did the splits (I'm a fat guy so it must have looked amusing for my friends) and ripped my shorts almost completely in half. Luckily I was at home when this happened so it wasn't a big deal except for the fact that I was writhing in pain seeing as I landed on my nuts.

sheic99

Oct 15, 2008
Last time I did was when I was climbing on my roof to hang some shutters. Luckily I was still home and I just changed right away. It was my favorite pair of pants, I was quite sad about it.

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
624 said:
I got shot in the thigh and the medic had to rip off the entire pant leg from my BDU pants. I waz so emburrassed.
Damn, I hope whoever shot you payed for a new pair of trousers.

OT: Skirts don't rip :3 Well, not like trousers do. It normally takes human interaction... no, not of that kind.
Then again, I spent more time wearing trousers than skirts in school >.>
So yes, I had a couple of trouser-rip incidents. Luckily, I don't wear embarrassing underwear. Unlike some of my friends.

Deshin

Aug 31, 2010
I ripped my pants royally once a few years ago when I was doing gymnastics.

It was a cold winter day so I fished around and found my old high school gym trousers and thought they'd be warmer than shorts to exercise in. So anyway, 30 minutes in and mid flip they royally tear (apparently they were only good for jogging in...) but no one notices although everyone thought I had injured myself because I was walking "oddly". The instrutor (who I may or may not have been trying to chat up... yeah that's why I don't go anymore... there's a bad pun about keeping it in my trousers to be made in this context but I'm just not figuring it quite out...) comes over to check on me make sure I haven't pulled any muscles and I show her this massive seam rip from my nuts to my knees more or less and she gives me leave to pack up and go home.

I must admit though it was rather nice to drive home sans trousers.

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
The only place my pants have ever rip are at the knees. And once they rip too much at the knees I just rip the bottom parts off and get a new pair of shorts!