my review on mondern warfare 2

seious

Aug 19, 2009
Whenever I play a shooter I always know what to expect: a short story, a plot that?s as hard to follow as a 14 year old kid with two fathers who look like tanks, and characters that act tough but are always moaning about something, I stop caring about when he gets in my when I?m about to shoot but now when there?s something about a shooter I Don?t like I don?t have to explain it anymore now I can pretty much just point at modern warfare 2 and say ?pretty much that?.

Don?t get me Wrong it wasn?t awful and some moments from the story mode were pretty memorable such as when you fall and miss your plane and have to race to it before it leaves(those bastards), as for the ?controversial? mission let me take a moment to say games like grand theft auto have done much worse, Modern warfare come back to me after you kill a million civilians and then we can talk about controversy.

Now for my review modern warfare 2 has a small story mode, but as a reviewer who played games without online, I only play single(You got a problem with that go and find someone else who cares)but the single player story is so short and the ending is not worth my time our yours most likely, to be fair though there is this cool scene were you?re in space and staring directly at earth as your up there you see a bomb hurling down its pretty cool but then they do 2 more scenes including the bomb which gets a lot less exciting after the 2nd time, also why cant I play the single player campaign with a friend.

After the single player I decided to do some multiplayer not online, oh hell no I only play online when it completely necessary to my review, no me and my friend guy decided to play the special ops which is actually very Good, basically you or a friend can do a bunch of missions which earn stars to get more missions, but if your someone who hides in his room all day afraid to look outside because there might be bears out there and thus have no friends you can play online, but its really wont last that long, the online will if you enjoy being called a noob for camping which is perfectly innocent, you sneaky bastard

Now for my conclusion modern warfare 2 is too often trying to be like its older more successful and more loved older brother, it?s really nothing I dint see before but shooters are usually similar, with certain shooters standing above the rest ready to fight whichever one comes out and is ready for the challenge but modern warfare2 only sees peeks of the top and realises its afraid of heights and pisses itself.

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
*Pant* Needs.. *pant* commas.. *pant*
Not a good review, can you erm.. talk about the game a bit more please?

Hobo Joe

Aug 4, 2009
A little more coherent sentence structure and talking about the game next time please.

HardRockSamurai

May 28, 2008
First of all, CAPITALIZATION IS YOUR FRIEND! And don't forget to END SENTENCES with a PERIOD.

Secondly, I've read waay to many reviews of this game for this one to be interesting. Do you really expect us to read a review of a game that's been reviewed several times before this, and that has absolutely nothing new to add?

[And I DID read it, by the way.]

jango1

Dec 1, 2009
Are you getting punctuation for Christmas?

Sorry if that sounds harsh, but the lack of effort kinda grated me :(

Spitfire175

Jul 1, 2009
I hate to say this, but this is just about the most unoriginal review of the game so far. Also the most difficult to read.

reg42

Mar 18, 2009
This wasn't so much of a review as a "Hey dude, how'd you like MW2?"

Also yeah, punctuation.

Christemo

Jan 13, 2009
this is pretty much a ripoff of yahtzee´s review (even with the multiplayer stuff) with VERY bad spelling and gramma...

Deleted

Jul 25, 2009
Lets all ignore the content and focus on punctuation cause thats what really matters.

Okay review, coulda talked more about it though.

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
Didn't people tell you not to do a zero punctuation review? They meant it literally!

So long sentences... Didn't you brag about being good at this? Not good structure I must say.

Also, this review is waaay to much Yahtzee. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much. Seems like you ripped him off quite a bit. I mean my god, you even stole the intro to the Devil May Cry 4 review, only by replacing Devil May Cry with Modern Warfare 2.

Very bad review. Bad structure, bad writing, and most of all, nothing original since you take extremely much content from Zero Punctuation.

PhiMed

Nov 26, 2008
I saw in your previous posts that you want to be a critic. It seems as though you decided to ignore every piece of advice you were given. You reviewed a game which has been done to death, you baltantly ripped off Yahtzee's reviews, and your lack of basic sentence structure makes the text nearly unreadable.

I know this is your first review, but if you really want to do this, go back to the drawing board, and completely start over. Your job is to provide some insight or humor that people haven't seen elsewhere, not to regurgitate something you saw in a video. As for the glaring problem everyone's mentioned: You don't need to submit something that will get you an A in grammar class, but there's a reason the English language includes capitalization and punctuation. Words don't represent thoughts. Phrases and sentences do. If people can't tell where one starts and the next begins, you may as well just hit random keys.

Better luck next time.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
HardRockSamurai said:
First of all, CAPITALIZATION IS YOUR FRIEND! And don't forget to END SENTENCES with a PERIOD.

Secondly, I've read waay to many reviews of this game for this one to be interesting. Do you really expect us to read a review of a game that's been reviewed several times before this, and that has absolutely nothing new to add?

[And I DID read it, by the way.]
I agree with this. Learn proper English, use better grammar, and talk about the game more, then write a review.

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
Basically what everyone else said, and I'll add that this reads like a very poor first draft. A good review will go through several drafts before being released. I'd also recommend letting someone else read it before releasing it. They can tell you if it makes sense or not.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
seious said:
modern warfare 2 is too often trying to be like its older more successful and more loved older brother
That also goes for any direct sequels of any gaming series.

Anyway, I shan't repeat the grammar and punctuation stuff as I am sure you have got the message by now. Now for review criticism minus grammar and punctuation.

You really should have gone more in depth on the game itself, the controls, the game play, the feel of the game and so on.
And also mention what platform you played on.

All in all, a *Could do better* for you.
C-

pigeon_of_doom

Vice-Captain Hammer
Feb 9, 2008
If you want to be a critic, look at the writings of published critics (whether in print or reputable websites). While they have many flaws, they have a level of polish, depth and writing proficiency that you would need to emulate at a bare minimum. You show no sign of coming near that level with this review. There are too many problems here to isolate so all I can recommend is read more and have a more measured approach.

Screens

Oct 31, 2008
seious said:
Whenever I play a shooter I always know what to expect: a short story, a plot that's as difficult to follow as a 14 year old kid with two fathers who look like tanks, and characters that act tough but are always moaning about something. I stop caring about him (I believe you missed a word)when he gets in my way (again, I think there was a word missing) when I'm about to shoot, but now when there's something about a shooter, I don't like I don't have to explain it anymore; now I can pretty much just point at Modern Warfare 2 and say "pretty much that". (Far too similar to Zero Punctuation)

Don't get me wrong, it the game ("it" is an awful word) wasn't awful and some moments from the story mode were pretty memorable, such as when you fall, and miss your plane and have to race to it before it leaves (those bastards). As for the "controversial" mission, let me take a moment to say games like Grand Theft Auto have done much worse; Modern Warfare 2, you can come back to me after we kill a million civilians. and then we can talk about controversy(What is this?)

Now for my review. (So you're saying that everything before this could be removed?) Modern Warfare 2 has a small story mode, but as a reviewer who plays games without multiplayer, I only play singleplayer(You got a problem with that go and find someone else who cares), but the singleplayer story is so short and the ending is not worth my time or yours, most likely. (Why? Try not to use spoilers, just describe why it isn't good.) To be fair, though there is this cool interesting scene where the player character is in space and staring directly at earth. As you're up there, you see a bomb hurling down onto the ground. It's pretty cool, but then they do two more scenes including the bomb, which gets makes the scene a lot less exciting after the second time. Also, why can't I play the single player campaign with a friend? (Rephrase this into something not a question)

After the single player, I decided to do some multiplayer not online, oh hell no; I only play online when it is completely necessary to my review. no Me and my friend Guy (You're kidding, right?) decided to play the Special Ops, which is actually very good. basically The basic premise is you, along with a friend, can do a bunch of missions to earn stars to earn more missions. But if you're someone who hides in his room all day afraid to look outside because there might be bears out there, and thus have no friends you can play online with.... (Complete your thought, finish the sentence) However it really won't last that long. The online play will last a long time (?) if you enjoy being called a noob for camping, which is perfectly innocent. you sneaky bastard(Insulting your reader is never a good decision, nor is attempted sarcasm when writing.)

Now for my conclusion Modern Warfare 2 is too often trying to be like its older, more successful and more loved older brother; it's really nothing I haven't see before. However, shooters are usually similar, with certain shooters standing above the rest, ready to fight whichever one comes out and is ready for the challenge(What does this accomplish?) but Modern Warfare 2 only sees peeks at the top and realizes it's afraid of heights and pisses itself.

Recommendation: Don't buy.
Thoughts in bold. You repeatedly claim that you are a reviewer in this piece. If that's the case, and you have reviewed something before, I, personally, expect a modicum of professionalism that wasn't at all present. At least put some time and effort into writing a review; I know it isn't as fun as playing games, but a decent review should certainly look better than this.

D- if this is your first, below an F if it isn't.

I'm very sorry Nuke, if you wanted to do something like this. I just couldn't resist. Thoughts on my thoughts?

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
I really don't understand what possesses people to blatantly attempt to rip off Yahtzee and fail so miserably at it? I mean, why don't people just review games to...I don't know, actually review them? There is no point in it...at all.

Especially on the website that hosts Zero Punctuation. Did you really think you could get away with it?