Mysterious Bug Cripples PS3s Worldwide

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Uh Oh! I have a 60Gb UK launch console. I thought it hadn't been on today so I was safe, went downstairs, and my sister is watching TV with it. Fingers crossed I'm not screwed.

EDIT: Yep. I'm fucked.

Farson89

Apr 16, 2009
Well that's just fan-bloody-tastic, I'm house-sitting for my dad for a week whilst he's abroad and I was relying on my PS3 to help pass the time. Well done there Sony, well done.

Jzolr0708

Apr 6, 2009
You hear that? That's the sound of all the Xbox 360 owners in the world yelling "Red Ring 2.0!"

Hopefully Sony can fix this soon. I've already had my Xbox Red Ring, so if my PS3 takes a dive too, I think Im gonna revert to PC gaming.

The Ultimate 2

Lord Of Madness
May 13, 2009
Oh god, last Saturday at three thirteen i just got the platinum trophy for God of War and when I checked my PSN account online a few minutes ago, my God of War collection data is gone!!!

Oh wait I don't htink that it showed up anyway, nevermind, but still SOMEBODY PLEASE FIX THIS ALREADY!!!

LaffmanAKAJPLaffo

Feb 11, 2009
Jzolr0708 said:
You hear that? That's the sound of all the Xbox 360 owners in the world yelling "Red Ring 2.0!"
Damn right, also I was starting to think getting a ps3 would be a good idea then this happens. Ah well this'll just mean sony will have to update the ps3. Or tell people to STFU and buy a new ps3.

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
SamElliot said:
Why does the PS3 have a system date of January 1, 2000, anyway? Is it capable of time travel, now, too?
Well it only does everything.

Anyway, sarcasm aside I think this is both a glass-house situation for all the self-righteous PS3 fanboys who rode the RROD problem into the ground, and a possible PR nightmare for Sony. I say possible because it seems that if it was even effecting debug models of PS3s then it wasn't something they knew or considered might happen, and who would really? Nobody expected the Y2K bug to just sit there, waiting for a decade before unleashing itself onto one device after all.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
I never though I cared about trophies but dammit I'm pissed off to fuck about all my Dragon Age trophies going bye-bye.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
I find it strange that my PS3 is not acting up.And it is one of the launch day models.

Deadlock Radium

Mar 29, 2009
Aah, Iæm so glad that I recently got the PS3 Slim.

Nevertheless, it sucks that I can't play online with my friends now, since everyone but me has got the "fat" PS3. :(

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
GeekFury said:
To all those who laughed at me for buying a 360.

Suck it.

That is all.
Not to be offensive or anything.But I think that you just jinxed yourself,and now your X-Box360 will RROD after a few days.

Sky Captanio

May 11, 2009
Is there any chance that Sony DIDN'T do this on purpose to convince people to buy the PS3 slim?

Probably not.

Pandalisk

Jan 25, 2009
DAMN! i have 8001050F.

Thanfully my trophies are untouched, but i cant even fucking play COD:Classic, how will i become nostalgic now!