Mystery Mortal Kombat Trailer Will Blow You Away

Drauden

Jun 2, 2010
Ì just have to say that I am a huge movie buff, and I simply cannot wait for further information about this movie. I should perhaps add that I am a huge Mortal Kombat as well, and with one... okay movie, and one horrible movie out there, I really think this can be a great KOMEBACK for the series.

For all you naysayers; accept this change. It's not like the story is any good anyway.

TheSeventhLoneWolf

Mar 1, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
Zeithri said:
That is NOT the Mortal Kombat I know..
It's BETTER!
I agree, and it seems easier to follow.

The others were based in some dusty, Arabian-merchant-Esque area where everything is orange, and ninjas appear out of nowhere as the main character beats them up with a bucket.

The ones I've seen, anyway.

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
Never played Mortal Combat, but that film looks jokes in a brainless action-movie sort of way XD

Azmael Silverlance

Pirate Warlord!
Oct 20, 2009
OMG this might be one of the best ACTION MOVIES EVAR! seriously this was some wicked shit....
i was hyped just from the introductions of barak and reptile...but when i saw the fight between Cage and Barak...there was no doubt that this movie is going to be amazing.

Btw for however asked...Scorpion was killed by Sub Zero and then scorpion got a gift from a demi-god n thats how he got his powers.
Sub Zero is generally a assassin from Lin Quiei in the 2nd movie his brother came as a good guy but in the books and game lore Sub Zero is the bad dude. Scorpion just turned gad ass in order to find him and kill him.
And oh god the way this movie shapes up....and Scorpion is my fav too....oh dear i cant wait.
Any news/rumors on release date?

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
I'm incredibly surprised with how many people claim to had never played Mortal Kombat. I thought it was one of those games every one plays... you know, Birds fly, Fish swim, everyone's played Mortal Kombat.

Brad Shepard

Sep 9, 2009
Please please please be a movie! I dont want this to be a game, because a trailer this awesome shouldent be just a game!

TheEpic_1

Mmmm.. Zephyr Biscut
Jan 8, 2010
I cant believe people going on about how this will be no good because theres no magiks or outworld. They've tried that twice already and it was good in the day but to try that by todays standards would be an absolute piss-up. I for one am extremely happy to see it go the way of realistic fiction, and if that means no Raiden with the lightning from the hands, then so be it.

But i really would like to see Goro in this.

Y2DAZZ

Nov 30, 2009
Loved it.

If this is made into a film I hope to god that we see the film from two perspectives, one the Cops side which is shown in this trailer and then from Liu Kang's which shows the supernatural magic side to it, sort of what they were trying to do with the original movie.

But hell if it misses out the magic bit I'd think I'd love it none the less.

Elesar

Apr 16, 2009
Holy CRAP that looks amazing.
Oh and since I already hear it, before we get into the shitstorm about how this is making Mortal Kombat too dark, I'd like to point out that the games (NES version aside) contained galllllons of blood. This is just...more realistic.

Miumaru

May 5, 2010
TheEpic_1 said:
I cant believe people going on about how this will be no good because theres no magiks or outworld. They've tried that twice already and it was good in the day but to try that by todays standards would be an absolute piss-up. I for one am extremely happy to see it go the way of realistic fiction, and if that means no Raiden with the lightning from the hands, then so be it.

But i really would like to see Goro in this.
We don't know for certain it wont get all freaky in that sense.

I must say though, its ironic how this has been more close to the source material despite that than many other game movies.

Xyphon

Jun 17, 2009
I'm really interested to see where they can take Mortal Kombat in a more realistic universe. All we've known MK to be is a brutal fighter set in a mystical world, nothing else. This might just be a breath of fresh air for the franchise.

I do wonder how they're going to make Sub Zero's ice moves work, however. Maybe spew Liquid Nitrogen at his opponents?

Daniel_Rosamilia

Jan 17, 2008
T0BB0 said:
I thought it was gonna be Liu Kang in there rather than Scorpion, but then the yellow ninja is the more recognised poster boy.

Hmm, interested yet skeptical. It's a movie from a game, but then it is hardly based on the games' setting. Is that a good or bad thing? Either way, I doubt that I know anyone who'd want to see it

Deofuta said:
However, Sub-Zero was my favorite character! I thought he was the hero for some reason, didnt Scorpion kill off his entire clan or something?
Wasn't it Sub-Zero's clan who were transformed into the cyborgs...?
Yeah, it was the Lin Kuei, and they ended up as Sektor, Cyrax and that really weird robot-turn-to-human-enigma Smoke.

Scorpion hated Sub-Zero because Quan Chi killed his family and blamed it on Sub-Zero. Scorpion killed him, only to find out, as Sub was dying, it was Quan Chi. Quan sends Scorpion back to the Netherrealm, but not before Scorpion gets to take Quan Chi with him. Then the big twist: he killed Noob Saibot, Sub's brother, and now Smoke, fighting partner.

But I still think this is completely awesome!
Scorpion needs the flaming eyes back though, and the spear-on-a-rope.

Unesh52

May 27, 2010
I don't know if anybody's said this yet, but is Cage, a big time movie star, really the best candidate for secret undercover work?

It's like if the police got a new agent to do a drug sting and it's Tom Cruise.

Miumaru

May 5, 2010
Sovvolf said:
CaptainCrunch said:
Sure, MAYBE it's for a new MK movie. (I certainly wouldn't complain if it was.) Even for as good as the video is, something about it just seems so... not Hollywood. I'm seeing subtleties that major studios would get sued over.

A Hollywood studio won't forget about things like a company credit, even on a teaser. It's a matter of money and legality (mainly union stuff). It's generally less of a pain in the ass to give away a spoiler or two in the credits than deal with legal agreements from the hundreds of people involved in production.

My money is on a new game - development studios have pulled this kind of thing off before, even getting name-brand actors in some cases.

Edit: Also, the music at the beginning sounds a bit like the Resident Evil movie theme.
<youtube=EBGvtkVVas0>
Actually looking at it... you could be right... though I say this with much caution... as is could be a video game movie. The Helicopters at the beginning looked like an obvious CG effect and it did have that 'clean' sort of off look to it that you see in these type of video game promos (or the cutscenes in the need for speed games). However maybe they are doing that intentionally for the video game feel. Even if this is for a game... I'd still be happy, extremely happy... also it would make plenty of sense... I'm sure I read somewhere (maybe on here) that they were attempting to re-boot the series or do something new with it.

This could also explain why Johnny Cage died in it. I'm excited either way.
Boon said he wanted to sort of start over with MK8, though the way he said it suggested a new roster and a clean slate (with some characters retained, ie Scorpion and Sub-Zero) but he could have changed his mind at some point. Really though, whatever this is for, is promising.

Miumaru

May 5, 2010
Master_Spartan117666 said:
T0BB0 said:
I thought it was gonna be Liu Kang in there rather than Scorpion, but then the yellow ninja is the more recognised poster boy.

Hmm, interested yet skeptical. It's a movie from a game, but then it is hardly based on the games' setting. Is that a good or bad thing? Either way, I doubt that I know anyone who'd want to see it

Deofuta said:
However, Sub-Zero was my favorite character! I thought he was the hero for some reason, didnt Scorpion kill off his entire clan or something?
Wasn't it Sub-Zero's clan who were transformed into the cyborgs...?
Yeah, it was the Lin Kuei, and they ended up as Sektor, Cyrax and that really weird robot-turn-to-human-enigma Smoke.

Scorpion hated Sub-Zero because Quan Chi killed his family and blamed it on Sub-Zero. Scorpion killed him, only to find out, as Sub was dying, it was Quan Chi. Quan sends Scorpion back to the Netherrealm, but not before Scorpion gets to take Quan Chi with him. Then the big twist: he killed Noob Saibot, Sub's brother, and now Smoke, fighting partner.

But I still think this is completely awesome!
Scorpion needs the flaming eyes back though, and the spear-on-a-rope.
Sub Zero 1 became Noob, then his brother took the mantle.