Mystery Mortal Kombat Trailer Will Blow You Away

Miumaru

May 5, 2010
Xyphon said:
I'm really interested to see where they can take Mortal Kombat in a more realistic universe. All we've known MK to be is a brutal fighter set in a mystical world, nothing else. This might just be a breath of fresh air for the franchise.

I do wonder how they're going to make Sub Zero's ice moves work, however. Maybe spew Liquid Nitrogen at his opponents?
The origional MK was set in modern time. All the not so modern stuff were other dimensions, most notable Outworld (which looks alot like ancient asia) and the Netherrealm.

Rhino of Steel

Sep 29, 2008
Very interesting. I really don't mind the dropped fantasy elements since they never made much sense in the first place. Well put together and fights that are actually brutal unlike the previous movies and TV show. This has some real potential.

TriggerUnhappy

Mar 4, 2009
Very interesting trailer, though they made Sub-Zero look scary as all hell. Also, does anyone else think that Sgt. Doakes from Dexter would've been an awesome Jax?
<youtube=5CfNarCjSHM&feature=related>

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
Kevlar Eater said:
So far, the one thing that piqued my interest in this trailer was Reptile's background. Pretty reasonable and somewhat believable, in my opinion. But Scorpion as a possible protagonist? Quite unsettling.
I think in this movie there won't be a protagonist. Just a room of angry, psychotic, and tough antagonists. But that being said HOOOOOOLLLYYYY SHIIIIIIIITTT PLEASE BE HAPPENING!

Malcheior Sveth

Jul 19, 2009
I'm impressed that they explained the weird ass characters without using a "aliens lol" strategy. This trailer looked sweet.

Digikid

Dec 29, 2007
The ONLY thing this blows away is my SUPPER. This is a disgrace to the first movies and therefore is junk.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Wow what garbage, it's the usual theme of remove magic from a series and now it's better because it's grittier with HDR recording and what not.

Give me my undead scorpion and ice throwing subzero back.

And tell 7 of 9 to get her ass back on Voyager and stop messing around with garbage.

crypt-creature

May 12, 2009
Tehlanna TPX said:
I don't understand the hate about this. Grow an open mind, people. Stop being so bitter and angry that you can't even let yourselves enjoy something.

OP: I think it loots intriguing, and definitely will have me wanting to watch it. If it turns out to be a movie. If it's a game, I will most likely get it :).
Being open-minded doesn't mean you have to like it, or enjoy it.

If people don't like it, they don't like it.
Doesn't matter if it's for lack of mysticism or because it's not their type of action movie.

Being open-minded just means that you're willing to consider it.

Akalistos

Apr 23, 2010
It's directed by UWE BOLL! That's nice.

I don't know what they are trying to pull. I know WB Studio has the empty shell that is Midway... but remember that they can also reshape the full story. That's said, i don't plan on bying or even renting a Mortal Kombat KASHIN' game made around that story. I love the old character and knowing that Sub-Zero may have Liquefied Nitrogen launcher instead of ancestral freezing power gain by hard training ruin it for me like Mediclorian did for Star Wars Fan.

Sir Kemper

Jan 21, 2010
Looks like they baseically said:

"Fuck it, They like Scorpion, Let's give them Scorpion."

Not a bad thing, mind you...

EnzoHonda

Mar 5, 2008
As a film it looked pretty bad. In the same vein as Resident Evil or something with Jason Statham. But as a concept it was great. Take the fantasy characters of Mortal Kombat and put them in the real world with real world backgrounds. It would make a tremendous graphic novel.

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
Wedlock49 said:
ZippyDSMlee said:
Wedlock49 said:
BeefSteak said:
Wedlock49 said:
modification =/= mutilation
Mutilation or maiming is an act or physical injury that degrades the appearance or function of any living body, usually without causing death.
then degrading the appearnce would be down to someones perception, but body mutilation is an offensive term in the modified community and like it or not it's a way of life for some people just because we aren't protected by discrimination laws doesn't mean that it's ok to insult us because of life choices we have made.
Mmmmmmm call it creative writing to reinforce the "change" in the character, I would not take offense at it unless it was pointed directly at the "modified community" and as a fat,pimply,greasy hairy lard ball I can;t complain about what people do with their looks :p.
but the emphasis on the change in the character should be done through his personality not because he has implants. Seriously I think the Baraka character looks fucking badass, I just don't like the fact that their showing his modifications in a negative light, he's the bad guy not his modifications.
But the modifications are the secondary means in which he transformed himself into what he is now, so its relevant I think and sounds decent on the psychobabble scale of things.

THo...it would be far more interesting if you had real lizard men(and chi/kei manipulation) and stuff IMO........