Mythbusters Fire Cannonball into Suburban Home

Sep 4, 2009
I'm relieved no one was hurt.

Doubtless the occupants will be freaked out about it. I hope eventually they'll be able to see a funny side to it. Perhaps several small tastefully etched brass plagues with pewter outlines of the points of impact.

"Mythbusters Series xx: The Cannonball Wrong"

Marmooset

Mar 29, 2010
CaptainKoala said:
That was a horrible pun... And yet it made me laugh out loud. You, good sir, are the winner of this thread
Horrible puns are pretty much an all or nothing affair, sort of an "it's such a stupid idea, it might work" thing.
I'm sure others might dispute your judgment, but I will take your award and treasure it for the remaining time I have left on this board. I wish The Escapist would make a badge for it.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Sat down to watch Sunday's recorded Mythbusters... and it turned out to be this one.

They cancelled the experiment and went above and beyond what one would deem necessary for an incident like this (they never established what "rebuilding relationships with the community" meant, but all I would have done would be to hand them the money and run). It took them a loooong while to start up again (Tory actually grew a beard over one commercial break). They moved to a rock quarry to try again.

Granite cannonballs are approximately as effective as normal ones, and have the benefit of shattering on contact. Myth confirmed. Worth the year of waiting.