Mythopoeia: RP of gods and nations (game thread, closed)

Green Shoes

Mar 6, 2013
Some days later...

Shiva, Northern Marshes

Shiva watched proudly as the first set of rudimentary watchtowers were finished, pleased with both the brilliance of Briln and the Councils acceptance, albeit somewhat reluctantly. It was the first step to securing their nation against possible invaders, and the huntress planned to help guide her fellow citizens for the rest of the way. Munching happily on a Sweet Fruit, she circled the towers as the nations very first permanent archers tested their accuracy from within. Side-stepping quickly as a rogue arrow whistled past, she called out in a sarcastic tone.

"Yeah, that's a good idea. Shoot the Council's best hunter!"

A muffled apology quickly followed, and the arrows were deliberately volleyed in the opposite direction. Stamping the core of her fruit underfoot, her thoughts turned to possible incursion scenarios, and the effectiveness of their new fortifications. While arrows certainly were effective against prey and similarly unarmored foe, Shiva entertained the thought of an invasion from people with skin as thick as an alligator.

Not good...

Her foot still pressing down on the core, an idea sprung to mind. One that would round off their general defense and allow them to shift focus from military matters to economic and cultural development. Not her forte, to be sure, but she would rather complete her job as fast as she could and return to hunting.

After hastily composing a message in illegible handwriting, she thrust in the arms of a messenger to send back to Aret post-haste. Returning to the watchtowers with a team of hunters, she called out to the occupants inside, holding up a large section of wood to catch arrows in.

"Alright! We'll be drilling this until the sun goes down. Try not to kill us, if you can!"

As the afternoon played out, Shiva and her team repeatedly ran towards the tower, trying to outmaneuver and infiltrate the prototype fortification. While they were slow to start, the archers soon began to work efficiently to repel them from all levels of the tower, the sound of arrow on wood muffled by the densely packed marshland.

Briln,

Great job with the tower! Will drill later today, but I have good faith it is effective.
Please begin construction of these around borders ASAP.
Also, please see if you can devise something that will stop/hinder impenetrable foes.
See diagram for details.

Give regards to your kin and mine.
See you at the festival!

Shiva

*On the next page is a crudely drawn picture of an alligator invasion, with arrows bouncing off them, surrounded by question marks.*

Alcrik, Aret

Earlier

Centering himself in the farm, Alcrik sat cross-legged amongst the tall plants, invisible to all save the insects that crawled underneath. The air was heavy here; scented with both the smoke from nearby fires and pollen from the numerous flora that flourished nearby. Pondering the mysterious voice, Alcrik took a gamble, and extended a friendly gesture towards Cyth'Raul.

"I accept! I shall try to convince the council to include you in our ceremonies at the Marshlight Festivities. I am sure a being of your...inclination, will appreciate a few followers here and there. In return, I hope you can relay the message to any interested parties, that Rok'lo Sha is looking to open it's borders."

Unsure whether he was heard, he looked around for a moment, before bowing in the manner usually reserved for Forest-Deities, and wandering back towards Aret, council matters bubbling in his mind.

Now

"Why should we settle anywhere else? Our people are happy, prosperous. Safe. It just seems...unnecessary."

The young athlete, from those representing Aret, spoke out against Alcrik. The National Council had been seated for the better part of the day, and it was only now that Alcrik had chosen to speak up. An experienced diplomat, he had chosen well; most were too tired to form opposition, eager to get home and eat. This upstart, however...

"Can you provide any good reason we should expand?"

Alcrik took a deep breath and smiled, beaming a friendly and open visage, before stepping up into the circle of stone to reply. The Athlete had a pronounced ego, but was not without skill; he did seem to earnestly want the best for the nation, and his skepticism was at least reassuring.

"The scout team organized by my associate has reported that the Southern Marshes are both prosperous and safe. Not only will they provide more food, more space and more land, they also bring us closer to the waters of the ocean. This will allow us to both better defend ourselves if need be, or communicate and trade with the outsiders."

The athlete was just ready to speak before Alcrik quickly regained momentum, grinning broadly.

"Your questions are appreciated, Councilman. Now when it is accepted, people will know you rigorously investigated it. Instead of being known as someone who placed limits upon our wonderful nation, you shall be remembered as a propagator of growth and prosperity. I must congratulate you!"

Alcrik bowed towards the now somewhat confused Athlete, who slowly bowed back before humbly agreeing. With his consent, the Council soon followed, and a settling party was soon sent south; equipped with the relevant people and equipment to found a large village and farms. Before the Council was over, Alcrik made a quick plea for additional rituals, disguised as a concluding statement.

"Thank you all for coming, and I'll see you at the festival, starting tomorrow! I believe a few extra rituals will be added in honor of a previously unheard of spirit who has contacted several of our citizens. If there's no opposition, we are free to go!"

As the Council left, Alcrik patted his rumbling stomach, quite pleased with himself. Happy to reward his hard work with an extra serving of deer, he ducked into his home for a quick meal, before preparing to set up the colourful decorations used for Marshlight Festivities.

Briln, Aret

Briln smiled in earnest as he read Shiva's message, before furrowing his brow as he tried to decipher her somewhat unhelpful diagram. Waving the messenger away, he strolled towards his home as he mused over her request. Unlike the watchtowers, he had no preliminary designs to work upon, and instead had to start from scratch. Which would mean a heaped burning of scented flowers and a short fast to engage his mind. Waiting by his doorstep was his boisterous friend Ajak, who was nervously twisting his heels in the ground.

"Briln! How'd it go?! Did they work?"

Ajak had been one of the leading builders of the watchtower; handy with tools and ever resourceful, he was perhaps the brawn of the engineering duo. Returning from the frontiers to take part in the festival, he had awaited the reception of his hard work, hoping desperately it would win him the honors that he lost in the races.

Briln looked up and gave him a grin, before letting him inside. His parents were away, and only the smouldering logs of an earlier fire lit up the room.

"You're a talented man, Ajak. They've commissioned them for the whole nation. You might need to start a tradesmen Guild at this rate."

Briln heaped a pile of dried wood onto the fire, and sat down on a small, cut log. Throwing a handful of purple flowers onto the fire, he breathed deep, as he drew lines and circles in the mud at his feet.

"Wow, really!? You know, I was thinking of enlisting a few of my friends to help me build them. We could be like the outsiders are; permanent building makers! Builderers...buildingeers...I'll think of a better name."

Somewhat ignoring his friend, Briln stared deep into the fire, his stomach rumbling. His process of thoughts quickened as the musky smell of the flowers began to cling to everything in the home. Shiva wanted something that could stop Alligators, as their thick, layered skin tended to ward off all but the most powerful, accurate hunters.

Thick, heavy, powerful, stealthy, fast if they need to be. Not much that can stop things like that.

But they have to travel along the ground, unlike the hunters that can move through the trees.

The ground...

Briln stood up quickly and left, yelling over his shoulder.

"You're in charge of supervising the new constructions, have to run, no time."

As he burst into his workshop, he quickly flipped his table and started digging.

Establish a settlement to the South-West.
Implement a researched technology.
Research a new technology.
Advocate the worship of Cyth'Raul (No AP required, right?)

Basic covered stake pit. Walk over it, fall, be impaled. Briln is researching deep, narrow pits that would be arranged in staggered lines amongst the border, camouflaged in the same style as the ground.

booksv2

Aug 17, 2012
Jashiki, Lot-Vos, 13/15 AP

Looking at the man stumble back Jashiki stays where he is for several more seconds then looks at the rest of them and opens his mouth to say.
"My name is Jashiki, i am the god of the waters."

Stepping back he moves from on board to under the water in less than a second, watching the ship above him sail away and staying where he is for now as he considers what to do.

These new powers and the information i have is amazing. But, i think they can grow.

Sinking deeper into the waters until he is on the ocean bottom Jashiki stands on the ocean floor and closes his eyes. Something having caught his attention before but he had become distracted with giving the specifics for those new ships. Reaching out with the senses he now has he can feel the dozens of wooden ships all around what feels like a pier. Opening his eyes and looking in that direction he moves through the water between where he is and just a few hundred yards past the line of ships in a few seconds.

Only a few yards beneath the surface he feels out and takes in the position of the ships, then into the ships themselves he very lightly touch's the beings sailing the boats. Surprised when he can feel some thing almost like what he feels inside himself or what was infused in the words from before. A few of them having a seed inside themselves, from something old and powerful but no longer here going by how faded the imprints were. Moving to the top of the water Jashiki stands on the water as he uses his eyes to look at the ship in front of him.

Watching them for several long hours he then sinks back into the water and moves below them and the other ships surrounding what appears to be a pier and a small city beyond. From what he had heard both on the air from several of the ships and off of the surface minds of them also he knew the leader of these people was in the tallest building and what she generally looked like. Watching the city again for several hours it went from dusk to night, the stars and moon coming out and making their slow way across the sky.

Moving out of the water and appearing on top of the tallest building he could spot while he had been watching the city Jashiki kept himself invisible. Not wanting to be seen yet as he moved about until he got to where he wanted to be. Looking down as he stands at the top of the building he moves inside and floats at the ceiling as he looks around. Finding it is a bedroom currently occupied he stays still, observing for the next few minutes who is in it. Recognizing her from the descriptions he had gotten from others minds Jashiki drops to the floor with a thud that makes several things in the room shake. Turning visible as he does and looking down at the woman.

"Ber-Sam."

Lil_Rimmy

Mar 19, 2011
Ber-Sam, Lot-Vos

She was leafing through a few of the reports of the iron mines. Fresh ore vein, miner crushed, new longsword shipment to the Elites, picks made of iro- THUD!

Ber-Sam leapt up from her table, skin growing fur and stretching in the space of a second as she formed into a giant bear, slamming the table against the wall and crushing the chair. Her fur bristled and she utter a deep, low growl that bounced around the chamber. Her claws clicked and clacked as she advanced towards the intruder, her maw stretching to form words, stringing together a sentence overflowing with roars and growls as she choked it out,

"Who are you, and how did you get in?"

Anti-American Eagle

HAPPENING IMMINENT
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
Canada
Gangari, The plains of Sammah Ajivha-Tahna - 12/15 AP

Gangari watched as his work failed. This confused and disheartened him deeply, perhaps he wasn't strong enough yet, perhaps he was too out of touch with mortals. He spent time surveying the damage, before he tried again he would need to make reparations.

He went from farm to farm, apologizing to those affected by what he wrought upon them, expressing that he didn't understand what had happened. He conjured a meal for each of them to help ease their bad luck and told them his name and that he was watching out for them.

As he left the last farm, he noticed that a child was following him. He approached the child and asked why he was watching him. The child said that he was curious, as he realized that the man couldn't have been carrying the food with him across distances and that he must have stolen it or was magic. Gangari smiled at the curious child and materialized a bronze puzzle cube etched with runes in his hand. He handed it to the child and ruffled his hair. He transferred some of his divine energy into the child with his touch, attempting to bless him, to make his mind more keen, make him understand the world easier and with more clarity, making him more open to the world's lessons. He walked away as the child shook his head in confusion before hurrying off to his home with the gift.

Gangari traveled the route again, walking up to houses, saying hello and transferring energy to the children he encountered, giving them the same blessings he gave to the first. He did this until he felt his job was done.

He eventually layed down in the center of an unused field of tall grasses and fell asleep as he felt tired from the experience of blessing humans.

- Maintained a Physical Form.
- Spoke to Mortals.
- Conjured up small quantities of food for mortals (not enough to affect total, just to feed the farmers for a night).

- Conjured an enchanted Rubik's cube, which when aligned correctly plays beautiful sounding ethereal harp music. It is bronze in appearance and its sides are marked with runes which are engraved into it.

- Placed a blessing on about 49 mortals (Sammah Ajivha-Tahna Farm Children) for their entire lives. (Should be difficulty 7, with a cost of 2 AP. His Wisdom Domain Bonus of +2 should apply to roll.)

By end of the turn he should have 10/15 AP

booksv2

Aug 17, 2012

Watching the woman go from reading some papers to turning into what looks like a bear within seconds. Watching her advance on him Jashiki look her over as she forces the mouth not meant for human speech to say something human.
Who are you, and how did you get in?

"I am Jashiki, the god of the waters. I came here to talk to the leader of the people with so many ships."

Pulling water from the air he makes it float in the air around him slowly, moving in a circle with him at the center. Watching Ber-Sam intently as she stays in her animal shape. Water coming from the air and a thick layer of ice freezing over the door, several inches thick and hard. Keeping everyone else out as he talk to Ber-Sam, not wanting any distractions right now as he decided what to do with these people.

Lil_Rimmy

Mar 19, 2011
"I am Jashiki, the god of the waters. I came here to talk to the leader of the people with so many ships."

Her claws stopped and the final click rang around the room as she halted for a few seconds, comprehending what happened as water suddenly formed and shaped around the door, freezing it shut. She released a low growl as this happened, crouching low. She started a sentence, then suddenly turned back into halfling form to begin talking,

"What do you mean, god? The gods are fallen and dead. Trank-Mosta guides us no more, he has left us to sail the sea without his striking claw... I am indeed the leader of the people. And they will tear your filthy magic hide to pieces unless you can tell me what you want."

As she finished, she dropped back into a crouched, claws growing and hair sprouting as she reformed the giant bear form. Her golden eyes glinted as she eyed this so called god.

booksv2

Aug 17, 2012

Keeping an eye on Ber-Sam when she pauses and takes in the water freezing over the door way Jashiki waits for her to turn back so they can start discussing what they could do for each other. Waiting for the next few seconds he nods when she turns back into her smaller form. But was very surprised at her tone and words that come next.

What do you mean, god? The gods are fallen and dead. Trank-Mosta guides us no more, he has left us to sail the sea without his striking claw... I am indeed the leader of the people. And they will tear your filthy magic hide to pieces unless you can tell me what you want.

Blinking in surprise and looking down at himself Jashiki then looks at Ber-Sam again and shakes his head.
"Magic hide it probably is, but I'm also sure it is very clean. I don't know where the old gods went or why, but I am here and I intend to stay. I am indeed a god, and like all gods i need mortals. I came here so we could talk about what we could do for each other. I have already given plans for faster ships that can sail closer to the wind to some mortals, but i came here because you all have more ships on the water than anyone else."

Standing up straighter and looking at Ber-Sam in the eyes Jashiki pulls more water from the air and it starts spinning around him, 2 inch thick rings of water spinning around him quickly. One of them freezing and moving ice spinning around as another stays water, both of them having a diameter of 5 feet with Jashiki in the center of them. Slitted yellow and black eyes meeting Ber-Sam's golden ones.

"Do I need to show you that I am a god, Ber-Sam Queen of Ray-Das?"

Lil_Rimmy

Mar 19, 2011
"I came here so we could talk about what we could do for each other. I have already given plans for faster ships that can sail closer to the wind to some mortals, but I came here because you all have more ships on the water than anyone else."

Ber-Sam stifled a roar in her throat, turning it into a low rumble.

"Who did he give that boat to? Do we have a true rival?"

"Do I need to show you that I am a god, Ber-Sam Queen of Ray-Das?"

Ber-Sam watched as the ice and water rose and spun around the god before her. She begun her advance again, walking right up to the water-spinner and raising to her hind legs. She batted at the water before her, before letting a roar loose that shook the windows. She lifted her wet paw back and looked at the god once more.

"I will listen. What do you have to offer me? My people have always believed in Trank-Mosta, who gave us the gift of nature. Our fleets have always dominated the seas. What do you have, apart from parlour tricks?"

booksv2

Aug 17, 2012

Watching Ber-Sam stepping closer to swipe at the water and ice spinning around himself Jashiki didn't move as she both swiped and roared. Watching her closely as well as keeping tabs on what is happening outside the door he had iced over.

I will listen. What do you have to offer me? My people have always believed in Trank-Mosta, who gave us the gift of nature. Our fleets have always dominated the seas. What do you have, apart from parlour tricks?

Shaking his head Jashiki let the water and ice spinning around him evaporate quickly back into the air.
"Parlor tricks? You call what I do parlor tricks? I am a god!"
Raising his hand he lifts Ber-Sam and pushes her backwards, holding her in the air for a few long seconds before setting her back in the floor. Staring at her after setting her on the floor Jashiki turns to step to the window, looking at Ber-Sam again before looking outside. Over the city below and to the harbor below that and out to the dark ocean beyond.

"What would you have me do? Give you new boats so you may attack up rivers? Or show you where the best places to hunt in the ocean are? Create a new species and let them go to populate the world and its water ways?"

Turning to look at Ber-Sam again Jashiki shakes his head and rests one hand on the window sill softly.
"The god you have always believed in, Trank-Mosta, is no longer in this world. He gave you the gift of nature you say, a powerful and abundant gift indeed. But in this time where your god has disappeared I am coming forward. Because out of all the thinking races in the world, your's is the one closest to me."

Waving his hand out at the harbor and the many ships in it and beyond floating in the ocean.
"You are the ones who have taken to the water the most. So I have come to see these people and maybe show then more of it. Helping them so that they, in turn, may help me. You say your fleets have always dominated the oceans, and i believe that."

Keeping his eyes on Ber-Sam's Jashiki turns to face her full on, his body framed by the countless starts shining in the night sky.

Lil_Rimmy

Mar 19, 2011
"You are the ones who have taken to the water the most. So I have come to see these people and maybe show then more of it. Helping them so that they, in turn, may help me. You say your fleets have always dominated the oceans, and i believe that."

As she hit the floor again, Ber-Sam held a constant growl as she watched the god,

"Don't touch me... My people would most likely follow a god such as you, but they would follow me before any thing of the seas. First, show me a ship. A ship that would take rows of the ballistas that sit above us, to ram holes through the ships of our enemies. A ship that could out-run the enemy rowers and laugh as they tried to plug their holes.

Then I will tell my people of the arrival of a new god. A child of Trank-Mosta. But you would have to do something before they truly believe you are a god worthy of praise, you will have to bring down an enemy. Be it a wall, a weapon or a person. Maybe one of those weird bug people. We are looking to raid them anyway.

There are two ends to this. I hope you fulfil yours."

Mr.Ivebeenframed

Jan 6, 2011
The Raptor States, Silver Claw, Hall of Raptors

"Thank you for joining me on such short notice." Aerya said to the assembly members. Only the elders of the Kraai, Oscens and Strix were present along with a few elders from varying houses but the meeting was small compared to their much larger ones. With the Kraai was Khyber, back from his scouting east but not without some bandages. She had heard the flight there was marred by storm. If Aerya was crueler she would have wished more harm on Khyber but such was not the proper etiquette of a member of the Aquila household and an elder as well. The families nodded and bowed their heads, returning the courtesy.

"It is a pleasure," Jaherys of the Strix household bowed gently. She was taller than most Krakaris but with a more noticeable hunch than the rest. No doubt that hunch came from ducking under door frames that every other Krakaris would have no trouble going under. "With so much going on, I was wondering when we were going to have the opportunity to discuss these current events."

"First and foremost, I'm sure we all heard the voices that speak along with what they entail." Aerya spoke out. "That must mean that the old Ways have vanished. We cannot ignore this."

"Agreed, Councillor." Jaherys said once more. "My family has been hard at work looking through the records and none have yielded any of our deities being called that name. The Old ones are gone and the new ones are here. Not only that but this one proposes guidance which is what we all might need. The times are changing."

"They've always been changing, Jaherys." Gora called out.

"Enough, Gora. Your diplomat might be yours but she represents all of us. I only hope she isn't as wily as you." Aerya said.

"Oh don't worry, she's much younger." Gora smirked before settling down.

"Anyway, we also received reports of a structure west of our farthest settlement. Most specifically in the mountains." Aerya dictated from memory. "That structure wasn't there months before and the people ask questions."

"And we'd best oblige them." Farko said. "I propose a scouting team to investigate. Have no worry, Aerya, they are among my best men." Khyber twitched at that statement.

"I agree but be careful. If we do not hear from them then assume the worst and what's one less structure in this world anyway?" Aerya sighed.

"That structure could be one of these new Gods!" Jaherys spoke out. "We must approach it with caution not with militaristic intentions. I must have one of my own among the scouting team then."

"And who might that be?" Aerya spoke out, looking at her with caution.

"My Heria's child. Cawles. She is the eldest of the new generation but not only that. She has the fire of discovery in her and often she craves knowledge as Gora may crave food so near endless." A few chuckles could be heard reverberating throughout the hall.

"Cawles... she is an interesting one. So be it but make it so she isn't the only Strix among a flock of Kraai." Aerya said amid the laughter and to Farko's slight chagrin. Jaherys nodded at the statement. "Oh, and another thing. Have your scholar look through the records or rather look for a better way to change our food situation. Even with the stockpiled food, I fear it is not enough and researching for a better crop yield with benefit all of us."

"A wise investment." Gora said in agreement.

"Yes, of course." Jaherys nodded. "We will work as soon as we can. Cawles will leave as soon as I can arrange it."

"Excellent," Aerya said before turning to Farko and Khyber. "I hope you are well Khyber, you wounds do not seem grievous."

"They aren't, Councillor." Khyber said, bowing so he didn't have to look her in the eye. "They are barely scratches. We were lucky to find shelter from the sudden storm or else I-"

"Then you can fly soon, yes?" Aerya said, unflinchingly although the sight of him made her stomach turn.

"Y-yes, of course." Khyber stuttered.

"The men he was with need time to rest. They're wounds weren't as severe as the storm. What do you need us to do?" Farko stepped in.

"With a storm raging to the east, I want Khyber and a few of your scouts to head south to find suitable lands to settle. Not only that but the closer we are the Aurorans the better. Do you agree?"

"Of course, Councillor." Farko said. He leaned to Khyber. "Round up some scouts and go as soon as you can."

Khyber nodded and bowed to the remaining elders before leaving through the doors. The opened loudly and closed just as loud.

"You need to let it go." Farko said before he himself left as well. The loud door rang again as the Kraai departed. As much as the talk left a bad taste in Aerya's mouth, she had to continue. Her family holds the power to command the others but she needed them as much as much she was needed to give some sort of semblance. But there isn't a moment were she considers if they obey her out of respect or obey her out of necessity. This time, Gora broke her though as he spoke up.

"And what of the diplomat?" Gora asked. "She got there without any trouble by the way, thanks for asking."

"What of her? She knows the agenda that we wish to have with the Deep Tribes."

"Ah yes, the old... 'We'll let you to the dirt while we have the skies'... not exactly the best agenda." Gora mocked. "Still its slightly straight forward which is something they might appreciate. I also told her to establish some sort of trade agreement while she's talking with them if she built enough momentum but I'm sure they will appreciate the mutual acknowledgement thingy you added in."

"They are our neighbors and they are growing. We can't ignore them. We have to acknowledge them as we do the Aurorans and the Ajivams along with giving them the same opportunities for friendship as we have extended them. Suggesting otherwise would-"

"Yes, yes I get it!" Gora snapped as he rubbed his fingers on his sleepy eyes. "An open hand is better than a close fist, etcetera, etcetera . Just hope that they aren't as stubborn as we make them out to be. While we're at it we might as well talk to the halflings in the south. They've been looking at us like a wolf looks at a turkey. I'm sure they'll want to know everything about us too!"

"We will deal with them when the time comes." Aerya assured although to who, she didn't quite know.

"Or we can deal with them now before they cross the water." Gora suggested. "Once they're landed we will have a hard time repelling such a threat. Hiring mercenaries might help but that's all that stands between them and us."

"Do you believe us to be incompetent?" Aerya, temper began to show but just a little. One of the requirements to when it came to be a judge was to hide your emotions and be indifferent. Anger was dangerous.

"Its not incompetence when the Ray-Das hold excellent marksmen. A thousand Kraai would do no good if their wings were riddled with arrows. All I am proposing is to act for the long term and hold a card for contingencies. I'm not saying they will attack us but I'm not saying they won't either. Knowledge is everything and we can't know for sure what is going on without a bird to tell us. I have many birds in my disposal."

"At the states' disposal." Aerya begrudgingly admitted. She didn't like what Gora had to say or what he was suggesting but in his words rang some truth. "Having one of your birds caught would forever bury any hope to delegate with them."

"You don't have to make the decision now but when you do, all you have to do is ask." Gora offered.

"This meeting is adjourned." Aerya said aloud, bringing the meeting to an end. "And Gora, there is something I'd like to discuss with you."

(Minor) Send group to Qartoq's mansion
(Main) Improve a technology, better irrigation methods for more food production
(Main) Scout south for suitable land to settle

booksv2

Aug 17, 2012
Jashiki, Lot-Vos, 11/15 AP

First, show me a ship. A ship that would take rows of the ballistas that sit above us, to ram holes through the ships of our enemies. A ship that could out-run the enemy rowers and laugh as they tried to plug their holes.

Then I will tell my people of the arrival of a new god. A child of Trank-Mosta. But you would have to do something before they truly believe you are a god worthy of praise, you will have to bring down an enemy. Be it a wall, a weapon or a person. Maybe one of those weird bug people. We are looking to raid them anyway.

There are two ends to this. I hope you fulfill yours.

Looking at Ber-Sam as she gives him her requirements Jashiki stays still and silent till she is done. Staying silent for another minute as he thinks it over he opens his mouth at the end of that minute and answers her.
"Agreed, but you are asking me for two different things. The ship i will give you, it will be up to you to build and sail them. As for showing that i am a god worth worshiping, i will consider what to do and do it. After you have told your people about me and who gave you all these new ships."

Stepping forward Jashiki raises one hand and sets a few claws on Ber-Sam's forehead. Pushing the plans for ships into her so she understands how to build it and how to add the ballista into it how it would best be used.

give the plans to a two-deck ship with the gun decks changed to use ballista on the gun decks instead of cannons.
-Teach a technology or system of thought to mortals that will offer minor benefits. Difficulty: 7 Cost: 2AP. +2 because its something used exclusively on the water.

Gabanuka

Oct 1, 2009
Grand Ajivha: Palace of the Vazin

The caravan of diplomats found themselves in the foyer of the Vazin's palace. The hall was simple for the palace of a ruler, the richest prises on display were all works of stone and metal, held in small alcoves around the room. In time they were taken to the council chamber itself; many cushions surrounded a single chair on which sat the Vazin himself. Around him on sat councillors, those who had a stake in diplomacy and trade. After a pause the Vazin spoke.

'Welcome to my city, I hope everything has been to your liking. Please, sit, and tell me what you wish to discus'

The diplomats and Elites sat themselves at the cushions after a moment of confusion. The leading Elite spoke up first, in true fashion, beginning an old greeting by switching in and out of his panther form.

'I, Pnth-Ulrak present to you the chosen of Ber-Sam, our Queen and leader,' he began, and then turned into his animal to finish the greeting, 'Glory to the fleet that sees us safe!'

The Elite receded onto his cousin, remaining in his panther form as the diplomat began, continuing the conversation.

'We come bearing the gift of peace, the gift of alliance and the gift of trade. Ber-Sam extends her greetings and hopes that you will accept the proposal, least you meet the same fate many to the west may soon suffer.

We have discovered something that will truly amaze any of your soldiers or military minded here,' the diplomat continued, lifting a small bar of iron from his coat, 'This metal is known as iron, light, strong and tough. There is another metal back home, known as steel, which is made from this, but I could not bring any, as we had to leave with haste.We would be happy to provide you with the knowledge of how to mine, smelt and use these great metals to form new weapons, tools or buildings. We would also be happy to provide you with a navy, to rule the seas and provide you with safe and secure trade.

Our fighting forces would be glad to help you and fight along side you, just as long as we can take a cut of the spoils. In return for these great gifts, we request that you lend your forces to our side, we have a constant and stable trade, and that you help us reinforce our fledging cities. These gifts and requests are simple and very much in your favour, but our dear Queen Ber-Sam hopes you accept. Otherwise, news of your refusal will be returned... quickly. Please, you may ask any questions.'

As he finished, one of the Elite turned into a hawk, perching on his cushion, fixing the various council members with his dead-eye. Their transformations had surprised the less informed of the councillors, one even made a hasty retreat from the chamber. What followed was a few moments of deliberation, hushed tones and quite discussion. A councillor to the Vazin's left seemed very interested in the iron.

Finally it was time for the Vazin's response. His voice was calm, however there was an air on finality and firmness to it.

'You ask for too much too fast. We are indeed eager to deal with your people but a full alliance is a rather steep request at our first meeting. Simply put; we do not wish for any deals of a militant nature, at this point in time we have no need to throw our loyalty to you.

That ore you hold; it seems you've accomplished what our scholars could not, there is something we are indeed interested in. The same can be said of your trade agreement. Here is my offer: our nations enter a trade pact, the specifics of which we will work out later. In return for the ore you hold we will aid you in protection and construction of you cities; my architects and builders will be at your service, as will a small force or warriors trained in urban combat. These men will remain yours until we see a suitable end to the deal. We also ask for some experienced shipwrights, the amount of which is up to your discretion.

In time we may come to a more substantial agreement, perhaps even an alliance. Until then this is what we offer.'

The diplomat waited with a small deal of anger after the Vazin disregarded a militant alliance, but quickly reformed and smiled as the he finished.

'I understand, but remember that the militant alliance is for both our strength and your safety. I'm glad you understand that all the other offers are great and wise. I am happy to accept on the behalf of our Queen, but on one condition. By the next summer festival, we will enter an alliance. The Ray-Das really do not need assistance in battle, for we are fierce warriors, but it helps to know that the nation sharing these plains with us will not break trade and attack. Especially if some force were to invade here, at least it could be assured we would fight as one and not trying to pick over the other's corpse,"

As for the builders and shipwrights, we would be happy for the trade. Our new, glorious home of Lot-Vos requires some skilled builders and I can tell that you require a better Navy if you are to ever secure trade. Until the time you hold one of your own, the Ray-Das would be happy to help guard your trade and lands. For a small price, of course, but the increase in trade would be well worth it.'

The diplomat smiled and sat down, whispering into the ear of the comrade beside him, before nodding.

At this response the Vazin fixed the man with a cold stare.

'Do you have tortoises in your lands my friend? Fascinating creatures, slow and calm, ageless if you believe the stories. When the hawk tries to claim the tortoise as pray it does not fight back, it retreats into its shell, safe behind an impenetrable defence. Try as it may the hawk will never be able to break through to the tortoise. My people are like the tortoise, only we are not herbivores.

Do not command me child, there will be no time limit. Evidently your people are new to diplomacy and need to learn their way, threats have no place in these halls. You have given me an offer and I have given one in turn, a deal that is fair for all involved. Now comes the time to shake hands an finish on affable terms.'

The diplomats eyes lit up at the 'child' comment, he stood straight up, breathing deeply.

'We do indeed have tortoise. And since the dawn of our people, our arrows have found the gaps. However, we simply wish, Vazin, that we know our new friends will not turn on us at the first chance. For now, I will be happy to accept the trade and knowledge agreement. We will be back at a later month to discuss the alliance.'

He straightened up and bowed, and then stepping back to let the Elite finish.

'Ber-Sam will be pleased with this news, and we will be glad to work in any way would help our new friends," he began as he turned, 'Glory to the fleet that keeps us safe!'

The call was echoed by the other Elites and the diplomats as they sat back down, content with their deal.

'Kevlam Nasta Ajivha-Tahna' spoke the Vazin with a final nod of his head, after which the two parties shook hands. The Ray-Das refused to bow.

I said later.

Lil_Rimmy

Mar 19, 2011
"Agreed, but you are asking me for two different things. The ship i will give you, it will be up to you to build and sail them. As for showing that i am a god worth worshiping, i will consider what to do and do it. After you have told your people about me and who gave you all these new ships."

"I can build the ship, my shi-"

The bear was cut off as the god Jashiki placed claws onto her forehead and she tensed as information entered her mind,

"As I was saying... I can produce the ship, as my shipwrights have the greatest experience in this world. I will leave it up for you as to how and when you wish to impress and take the minds of my people. I will make a declaration soon, on these walls. That might be a very nice time to convince them."

The bear turned back into halfling form, retreating a few steps,

"I need sleep. Tonight has certainly been... odd."

EmperorZuma

Jul 16, 2009
Highcrag-Den of the Supreme

Jugaan entered Budraal's den and was given pause by the mini-earthquake made by Budraal's outrage directed at the Chieftain of the Iron Tribe, who, either because of his pride or stupidity, was fighting back. "You come back to me with mewling complaints, but your expedition did worse than the Bronze Tribe! They have already started to carve out a pit beyond the foothills of the mountains! The first in ages! Yet you, charged with expanding further up land where we dwell for centuries could could only flee!"

"The rock was weak, crumbling upon itself when we clawed our way into it! Whatever progress was made was ruined when the cave maggots appeared and filled the tunnels! I was not going to sacrifice strong Luug on a fool's errand!"

"A fool's errand?" Jugaan stepped in a silenced the thunderous shouting with a strong stomp of her leg. Seeing her reason for being summoned, she moved to Budraal's side. "Is it a fool's errand to claim land that was once ours? To try and spread the Tribes across the world, as we had once done? You are the fool, Os'lan!"

The Chieftain of the Iron Tribe, Os'lan, looked as if he would tear Jugaan apart right there, but he was forced to recoil when Budraal made is clear he would do the same to Os'lan. "Be gone, Os'lan, go sulk in your mines, I wish to see no more of you."

With a growl that felt like the tremor before an earthquake, Os'lan bowed. "As my Supreme commands..." With that, he took his leave.

Budraal then turned to Jugaan, apparently tired of the shouting match with Os'lan, the Supreme was direct. "You have your chance to settle the northern mountains. There are veins you can use there, and you can sell the iron ore back to the Iron Tribe as whatever price you set."

"My forgers have been wanting to expand their talents to other metals..." A weary glance from Budraal nipped Jugaan's proposal in the bud. "...but I will do as you command, my Supreme." Willing to take what she got, Jugaan then bowed and left Budraal to himsef, though she made sure to travel in the opposite direction of Os'lan's loud departing thuds.

However, the Chieftain of the Gold Tribe was left with a dilemma, if what Os'lan said about his expedition to settle the northern mountains was true, then what hope did she have? She had been given a great opportunity to give her followers new lands to settle, and perhaps, in time, grow into a larger Tribe. She could not leave the chance of that up to a roll of the dice...it was then that she remembered the voice that came to her in the night. It was not long after the first meeting that a whisper came to her, right on the edge of hearing:

"I am that which is. I am that who forges Pacts... a lender of power, a giver of guidance. I know no other way to describe myself. I could help you, fulfill the ambitions of you and your nation. All I ask is for you to give me something in return. That is what I am. Reject me, accept me, do what you will."

Whether or not the others heard it, Jugaan did not know, but if the voice was a giver a guidance, than perhaps there was a chance she would've have to leave her plans up to chance. "Oh Cyth'raul..." Jugaan did not know how to start, how to speak to someone, or thing, that she knew next to nothing about. "...I wish to forge a pact. What is the cost of your guidance to settle the mountains to the north?"

Highcrag Depths

Meanwhile, the Chieftain of the Moss Tribe was traveling the wide tunnels of Highcrag, looking for those who would listen to his findings. Eventually, he came upon the Chieftains of the Clay and Stone Tribes, both of whom had lands that were perfect for the new moss to prosper in. In a short demonstration/tasting session, the Moss Chief hoped to show them both that this new plant was worth the effort to seed in their damps caves, so all Tribes might soon benefit from his development.

Highcrag-The Glittering Hall

The ambassador from the Raptor States found her entrance to be quite a hassle, but eventually she was escorted to a cave within the capital that was made for outsiders. Developed under the eyes of the Glass Shifters, the only group with any real knowledge of the other races, it was a rather pretty hall. The walls and ceiling were covered in crystals that had been grown from the cave itself, and in a select few places, holes to the surface were made, allowing light to come in and be scattered by the crystals. While most Luug thought it was a waste of a perfectly good tunnel (the Moss Tribe thought that it would be a better use to collect water and grow food, because of the holes), but the Supreme was swayed by Lew'pan's insistence that there had to be some place in the capital to accept guests.

Speaking of, from the opposite side of the hall, Lew'pan entered, his short legs balanced by his thick, tree-trunk arms. "Greetings, guest from the Raptor States!" Lew'paw spoke the best of the Common tongue he could, but the surrounding crystals rung in reply to the vibrations he sent across the hall. Once he reached the diplomat, Lew'pan bowed, bending his arms forward so his back could arch forward. "What brings you here?"

1. Implement Moss Cultivation Technology

Mr.Ivebeenframed

Jan 6, 2011
Highcrag- The Glittering Hall

The underground always made the Krakaris nervous and uneasy. There was almost no room to use their wings which they consider to be an ill omen. Most Krakaris avoid the underground completely but Yvera was not one of them. Gora struck it rich when he choose Yvera as the diplomat for the Raptor States. He needed the fairness of the Aquila and the shrewdness of the Oscens so it seemed common sense to choose the daughter of a family that comprised of both. Her wings and black were a stark blue but her stomach leading up to her face was a dull white.

"First, I want to thank you for your hospitality." Yvera bowed to the stout Luug. "It is my duty as a diplomat to extend my nation's hand to you. We know how long you've lived in these vast mountains and we express no interest in getting in your way. These mountains are yours and yours alone." Yvera paused, keeping in mind that the Luug refer for statements to be concise rather than long-winded. "We've seen you expand and we want to help you. Let trade flow between us and you will have a taste of the wonders beyond these mountains. We want to help you, the Krakaris love to help people."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Raptor States, the Oscen estate

Yoren was amid his counting when his father arrived. His entourage flew in as usual and as usual he called out for his servants to fetch him a drink but what wasn't usual was that he called the drinks for two. A few guests had arrived amid his father's entourage. It was blue feathers mixed with white.

"Clear the dining hall!" He called out. "Councillor Aerya does not tolerate filth!"

Whether he meant that as a jest, Yoren couldn't tell but his servants hurried either way. Then shortly after that, he heard his name as well.

"Yoren, come down and greet Councillor Aerya!" Yoren pushed himself off his table and went downstairs where the lavish hall was located. It stretched far and wide with enough gilded ornaments to make an Ajivam merchant flush. The table was made of a hardy wood and was old as Silver Claw. He found his father sitting across from Aerya as water began to flow but if he knew his father, it would turn to wine at any instant.

"Councillor Aerya," Yoren bowed. He hadn't seen her since the day of the trial when the criminal that killed his wife was sentence to life in prison and for good reason too. ", pleasure of you to come to our estate."

"The pleasure is mine." Aerya said returning the bow as Yoren took a seat. "I hope you aren't too busy, Yoren."

"I have all the time in the world for a member of the Aquila family." Yoren dutifully said although in his mind, he all saw them as nothing but glorified guards. Without their legacy, they would be nothing. "I hope my father hasn't pestered into you coming here."

"On the contrary, she asked to come here." Gora said as he took a sip from his cup. "She wants to know of our tradesmen."

A rock dropped in his stomach but he dared not reveal his emotion. "What of them? They are what their name entails."

"You don't need to beat around the bust anymore, Yoren. She needs them. We need them. For the better of the states." Gora sighed.

"It is true. We are in need of their services more than ever with the way this world is changing. You don't need to hide it from me any longer. The fact of the matter is that these merchants are needed."

"Krakaris merchants and tradesmen are two different things, Councillor." Yoren shook his head. His reluctance shone through his green eyes. "A tradesman can be a merchant but a merchant can't be a tradesman."

"Enough with the word games. Just tell her." Gora commanded, his frustration was palpable but Aerya remained eerily still. The father and son eyed each other before Yoren looked back to Aerya.

"A Krakar tradesman is our eyes and ears. Without them, we wouldn't be as lucky as we are. They are everywhere and anywhere. They can be any Krakar in this room." Yoren said as if it was all rehearsed before hand. Gora looked approvingly at his son before looking to Aerya once more. Her grey eyes yielded understanding without a hint of anything else which is a strange trait among all Aquila.

"These tradesmen aren't just normal spies?" Aerya finally asked.

"They are and they aren't. Anyone can hire a cheap spy to keep an eye on things but a tradesmen's craft extends to beyond spying. You may call them assassins, saboteurs but to the Oscens they are tradesmen. Just like a mason, merchant, or woodworker has their craft these ones have theirs. But the difference being where a mason shapes stone for gold, these tradesmen shape the world for gold. Merchants may trade goods but these tradesmen exchange whispers. You may call it espionage, they call it tradecraft."

"When can we send one of them to Lot-Vos?" Aerya mumbled. For the first time Yoren saw Aerya uneasy and uncomfortable with the talk of the tradesmen. These men were so revered among the Oscens that talking of them was enchanting. It was true that they were glorified spies but they had helped the Oscens secure so much in so little time. Even children are told of the tradesmen and their craft with the emphasized point that a tradesmen could be anybody. They weren't sent by the Gods or unholy shades at night but they were merely individuals. The rituals and mysteries surrounding the Krakaris tradesmen remain a mystery to many but not to Yoren or Gora or his father before him.

"As soon as you ask them." Yoren said before glancing over to a servant, pouring water into Aerya's cup. Aerya's eyes followed Yoren's to see the little Krakar dutifully doing what he was commanded. The little Krakar barely looked older than a child. Yoren had never seen a Councillor squirm in their seats so much before. It made him smile.

(Attempt)Try to start a trade agreement with the Deep Tribes
(Major)Send spy to Ray-Day

Terratina.

RIP Escapist RP Board
May 24, 2012
Cyth'raul, Manor of the Dead - 14/15 AP

The deity gave a gracious bow to the fellow god, "'Twas a pleasure, Qartoq."

Cyth'raul relished the feeling of her name on the tongue, such a queer set of sounds to describe oneself. But there was no doubt that the name Cyth'raul was a strange name as well as the syllables had been taken from primeval whispers - the very start of sound as language, as something other than noise, as the vessel of communicated intent.

Speaking of which...

"I accept! I shall try to convince the council to include you in our ceremonies at the Marshlight Festivities. I am sure a being of your...inclination, will appreciate a few followers here and there. In return, I hope you can relay the message to any interested parties, that Rok'lo Sha is looking to open it's borders."

"Not 'try', not 'hope', it will be." There was a guttural growth behind the reply. Uncertainty was the last thing the Pactforger wanted in a Pact, however, both terms on the table had that quality, making the deal seem fair. Of course, it would be a simple matter of displaying divine power if anything were to go awry with that deal.

And with one came another...

. "...I wish to forge a pact. What is the cost of your guidance to settle the mountains to the north?"

"Appropriate thanks and praise, fitting of gods and followers. A friendship even." Cyth'raul grinned.

The first order of business was to find these mountains and see them in the flesh, per se, the second was to wait for the golden one's reply.

Listen in on mortal things.
Move to the mountains.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
High Prince Octavius, Nova Verde, Isle of Maia

Octavius was livid with rage as he walked out of the banquet, it took all his strength to keep himself composed and until he was behind closed doors with his two close companions, Prince Torus and Lord Olin. Together they formed the head of an nameless group that had held the keys to the kingdom for over a decade.

"Gah, that scheming little fuck!" Octavius exclaimed, "Lord of the Admirality my arse,"

"I always said we should have picked the younger one," old Torus replied cordially, "Would have got more years out of him,"

"Pah," Octavius spat, "Maximus is a good kid but he was barely a babe in arms when Sirius died, it's not good for a boy to be told he's a living god from before he can even speak. Lest we forget my father's predecessor."

There was a general shudder around the room.

"Well, what we do now?" Olin broke the silence, "He's dismissed the Noble Parliament, that's our last few years of work wiped out."

"There's only one thing we can do," Octavius replied with a grimace, "We go along with his Majesty's commands for now and let him think we capitulated. I'll leave the court tomorrow to head south with the fleet. You two build on our connections, pull in some favours and get some real dissent around the Empire. By the time I get back, he'll be begging for me to take back my position."

"You're really willing to leave the Imperial Court?" Torus asked in surprise, "It could be months before you return,"

"I wouldn't mind getting away from this stifling place for a while, besides I could do with the time to work on those manuscripts by the Father that were found in the Imperial Library last summer. I'm really close to breakthrough, I can feel it."

The three men talked for a little while longer and then broke company, not knowing when they would meet in person again.

[hr]

Lord Cassian and the Vazin, Grand Ajihva

Several weeks after the Emperor's birthday, Lord Cassian gave a whistle as he and the rest of the Auroran delegation rode through the gates of Grand Ajihva. He'd been there once before many years ago but it's size never failed to impress him. The great city was like Nova Verde pumped up on concentrated whale bile, stretching as far as the eye could see. Messengers had already been sent ahead so the delegation expected to be met soon enough.

The party was welcomed at the Vazin's halls by Sarpa Dhurta, visor to the Vazin himself. The man looked tired and stressed, clearly it had been a long day. Nevertheless he greeted them fondly.

'Welcome friends, I trust you had a safe journey and have found our city to your liking. If you'd like to follow me to the grand hall we can begin the discussions.'

He led them through the Vazin's home, past the entrance hall and towards the inner sanctum.

'I hope you will forgive our hastiness but the Vazin wishes to see you immediately. Our recent dealings have been... less than pleasurable. You are welcome to explore the city at you leisure once business is concluded.'

"Of course," Lord Cassian replied, "We are entirely flexible with His Highness' wishes" He followed the man into the Vazin's inner sanctum and bowed deeply.

"Your Highness, I bring greetings and gifts from His Imperial Majesty the Emperor of Aurora. Amongst others, a circus of Toro Islanders for your entertainment and a Princess of Aurora with an offer of marriage, if you or your kin desire her."

The diplomat waved to his hand to a veiled young woman behind him, who curtseyed gracefully. She was dark featured and pretty, smiling shyly.

'Unfortunate as Vazin I am forbidden to take a bride; my duty is to the city, heirs... complicate matters. However I will gladly accept her into my household and treat her as daughter, in time I am sure she will attract the attention of a fine lord'

He now addressed the girl directly

'My child, you may treat this house as your own. I shall have a guard escort you to the woman's quarters, there you shall be educated in our ways to better serve your husband and your city. Kevlam Nasta Ajivha-Tahna.'

The young bride was lead out of the hall by a guard, with the done the Vazin faced the diplomats once more.

'Thank you for this gift, in the spirit of friendship I have one in turn.'

A small motion to a servant in the wings and the gift was brought out; a fine chest made of dark blue stone, trimmed with gold. Though no grand size its worth was evident, when polished it practically gleamed.

'Now then, the gifts have been traded and the pleasantries are at an end. Let us talk business. Please, take a seat.'

"Thank you, I know the Emperor will appreciate your gift," Cassian replied and sat down on a cushion provided by an attendant. For the next few minutes, the men spoke about secret business which none others heard. When they were finished, the Vazin rose from his seat and moved towards the head diplomat. With a shake of the hand their business was concluded and Lord Cassian left the chamber to return to the rest of the delegation in the guest section of the palace.

[hr]

Emperor Kaius III, Nova Verde, Isle of Maia

"Failed, you say?" the Emperor exclaimed in disbelief, the messenger before him looking as apologetic as he could muster.

"I'm afraid so your Imperial Majesty, a ferocious storm met the fleet and they were forced to return to port in Nova Aurora. His Majesty High Prince Octavius asks what you wish your next move to be?"

"If the Father wills it that way, so be it," Kaius said with a sigh, "Order the fleet to split in half, one to try settling the north and the other to try again in the south. This time we will be more successful, Matthias wills it I know,"

Main - Create a settlement to the south of Aurora's borders
Main - Create a settlement to the north of Aurora's borders
Minor - ???

EmperorZuma

Jul 16, 2009
Highcrag-The Glittering Halls

" Let trade flow between us and you will have a taste of the wonders beyond these mountains. We want to help you, the Krakaris love to help people."

"The offer is...appreciated." Lew'pan gave another bow. "However, wonders are not our concern. I understand that the peoples beyond out mountains may enjoy the sights of pretty baubles, but we do not find much use in these things. Unless you have some that can be used, I doubt the Supreme would condone this arrangement."

Highcrag-Den of Jugaan

Jugaan waited until she was in the security of her own den before responding to the whisper.

"Appropriate thanks and praise, fitting of gods and followers. A friendship even."

Jugaan knew that this voice had power, it's method like that of Old Therax inscribed on the lore stones within the capital. Could it truly be a god? Jugaan did not know, but if it was a being of power, than there was a chance for her to bring great prosperity upon herself and her Tribe. So, in the darkness of her den, Jugaan spoke to the source of the voice. "I understand. Guide my Tribe, Cyth'raul, and I will make sure those who follow me...will also follow you. This I swear."

Mr.Ivebeenframed

Jan 6, 2011
Highcrag-The Glittering Halls

"Unless you have some that can be used, I doubt the Supreme would condone this arrangement."

"We have other wonders that your Supreme might be interested in but not of materials." Yvera mentioned. She was told to extend an open hand with all the amenities that may come from Krakaris hospitality and she was partly glad that this Luug allowed her jump into their next offer. "Our kind has seen the world and what it can bear through the gift of our eyes along with our wings. We can offer you what we see. Our spies are not bound by nation or ideology but rather by contract which you can secure through us. So we offer you information in exchange of simple friendship for both of our nations."