N. Korea Threatens USA

DestroytheTyrant

Dec 17, 2008
NK would never attack America with nuclear weapons , but I wouldn't be suprised if they sold them to terrorists . And has'nt NK already done something like this a couple of decades ago ?

PirateKing

Nov 19, 2008
I don't think they're really gonna pull anything.
I'll be worried when they get a Metal Gear.

GeoPB

Jun 10, 2009
As long as the idiots that run the U.K don't mindlessly follow the U.S into fighting, then they can do as they please. No more dying U.K soldiers please?

Photon987

May 27, 2009
I think it is more likely that if North Korea were to attack, they would opt for Japan - or possibly, if really upset, South Korea. Those two nations have good ties to the US, and are also large factors in the economy (not that there is much of an economy, right now...).

However, if they are desperate enough to attack the US, and some how manage to get a missile over here, then they would be opening their own Pandora's Box, only instead of releasing disease, toil, and not winning the lottery, it will unleash Major Kong riding a nuke like a mechanical bull.

LaughingTarget

May 28, 2008
Dragonblade146 said:
ChromeAlchemist said:
Posturing. Too many allies to compete with if they do anything serious.
They do have that, but if they have nukes like they are claiming, they could possibly be a mild threat if they were to launch them at major cities of the world.
Miniaturizing a nuclear warhead isn't an easy task. N. Korea has just gotten to stage 1 of the entire project, an actual fission reaction. To deliver the bomb will take N. Korea decades and miniaturizing it to the point of getting it on an ICBM decades more.

For comparison, the bomb dropped on Hiroshima weighed 4.5 tons. To get a nuclear weapon to function on an ICBM, it would have to be reduced to around 700 pounds, or roughly the weight of the B61 bomb the US developed in the 1960s. North Korea would require a large bomber aircraft to deliver whatever they may have now, which is an aircraft the North neither has nor is capable of manufacturing.

That said, N. Korea threatening the US is just as reliable as the sun rising in the East and setting in the West.

Dragonblade146

Dec 6, 2008
LaughingTarget said:
Dragonblade146 said:
ChromeAlchemist said:
Posturing. Too many allies to compete with if they do anything serious.
They do have that, but if they have nukes like they are claiming, they could possibly be a mild threat if they were to launch them at major cities of the world.
Miniaturizing a nuclear warhead isn't an easy task. N. Korea has just gotten to stage 1 of the entire project, an actual fission reaction. To deliver the bomb will take N. Korea decades and miniaturizing it to the point of getting it on an ICBM decades more.

For comparison, the bomb dropped on Hiroshima weighed 4.5 tons. To get a nuclear weapon to function on an ICBM, it would have to be reduced to around 700 pounds, or roughly the weight of the B61 bomb the US developed in the 1960s. North Korea would require a large bomber aircraft to deliver whatever they may have now, which is an aircraft the North neither has nor is capable of manufacturing.

That said, N. Korea threatening the US is just as reliable as the sun rising in the East and setting in the West.
Lol. I never thought about that part.
Plus. That was a great ending description.
XD

Dragonblade146

Dec 6, 2008
Shibito091192 said:
Dragonblade146 said:
We have more nukes than them, and they have a smaller landmass. WE can wipe them from the planet.

Source:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/as_koreas_nuclear
It's not about who has more nukes, it's about who drops the bombs first...
If they drop only a few. We can still win. We have almost 20,000 nukes.

loremazd

Dec 20, 2008
Sure North Korea, launch your two nukes, then Russia, China, Japan, UK, South Korea and America, minus the two cities you destroyed, will destroy you completely. Not to mention they dont have enough money to send a nuke over the Pacific.

Drakulla

May 19, 2009
We need to introduce World of Warcraft, Starcraft and some other MMO's to North Korea.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
Doubtful be we should keep a cautious eye on Mr. Kim. I think he finds out he's only got two days to live because of his hair growing inside his skull and eating his brain. He might just do something irrational.

I think a nuclear threat is bad no matter how much better nukes we have. How would you feel if your town and everything you loved in a 4 mile area was wiped off the map by a 'minor threat'?

Dragonblade146 said:
BudZer said:
If North Korea tries attacking America, I'm hoping that China, our greatest trade ally begins to see them as a threat. The Chinese could devastate North Korea like no one else could imagine.
With the most populated country in the world. I would think they could.
I thought India was the most now? I know the USA is third most.

mulletmanalive

May 22, 2009
Though i suspect that it is a little beyond what the Koreans are likely to come up with, the greatest amount of damage they could do with their nuclear capability would actually be a complex sequence of carrier switches and bringing their nuclear material into the United States like some oversized version of the shell game con.

This is mostly due to the fact that for such a large nation, it has an almost bafflingly small number of water tables and one non-fissile nuclear payload would be capable of poisoning the water of about 5% of the territory.

Then again, this discussion is roughly identical to the fact that someone noticed in 1957 that China could cause storms sufficient to destroy all agriculture in the states and India by building a total of five dams. Theoretically quite nasty but less likely to happen than a French person ever admitting that British food is pretty good...

The_Chief

Jun 3, 2008
Shibito091192 said:
Dragonblade146 said:
We have more nukes than them, and they have a smaller landmass. WE can wipe them from the planet.

Source:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/as_koreas_nuclear
It's not about who has more nukes, it's about who drops the bombs first...
yea. except the first one better hit their damn mark.

if they touch the US all our allies, which is like every military super power right now, will shove their nukes so far up kim jong Il's bum hole they'll come out his nose.

Ambarato

Jun 5, 2008
Lol North Korea. Either the current leader (either kim jong il or his son) is bluffing or they seriously think a country that has just developed nuclear weapons could wipe a world superpower off the map. Doesn't the US have a missile defence systems set up to stop this type of thing?
I wonder what the situation between China and NK is...

ae86gamer

Mar 10, 2009
I don't think they pose a major threat. If they do launch any type of missile then they have everyone else to deal with. They're just bluffing.