Name Game: Crossing Tiny Towers

midpipps

Feb 23, 2009
That stinking racoon how come I move into town and I get charged for basically living. There really needs to be a game where I get to swindle that swindler. I am thinking like mafia style pay or punish.

Bye the way Mr. Runner 2 rocks and is way too addicting been playing it on Kong for a while now.

Apr 28, 2008
Oh no, fuck Tom Nook. Fuck that damn raccoon. That bastard damn near took my soul, as well as my money.

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
I think I remember playing the original Mr Runner on Armor Games. That was addictive as Hell and drove me insane, but I do remember finishing it.

Also, I pride myself on never having had to deal with Tom Nook.

The Diabolical Biz

Jun 25, 2009
http://lparchive.org/Animal-Crossing/

I'm sure everyone here's read this, but it seems relevant.

Also I chuckled. Fucking racoon...

Mark D. Stroyer

Apr 12, 2011
See, I also got hooked to Tiny Towers.

...For about a day. Then maybe a dozen floors later, I suddenly crossed the 'wait, why am I wasting my time doing this?' event horizon and haven't touched it since.

I simply can't endure the empty grind, and every time I step into any of the 'addicting' games about simple, endless progress...I can't do it. The fact that I'm not doing anything there and getting even less out of it comes at me time and again.

Luckily, this has also kept me out of World of Warcraft.

TheCakeisALie87

Jun 7, 2010
Mark D. Stroyer said:
See, I also got hooked to Tiny Towers.

...For about a day. Then maybe a dozen floors later, I suddenly crossed the 'wait, why am I wasting my time doing this?' event horizon and haven't touched it since.
This is exactly my experience with the game, I'm proud to say I resisted buying any bitbucks or whatever they were called. The worst part are the freaking notifications which try to take over your life.

Revolutionary

Pub Club Am Broken
May 30, 2009
The best/worst parts of casual games are the little in built reward schedules, why would you pay someone to go through them for you?

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
If you get a vibe of Sims off of Tiny Towers, then methinks it has a lot in common with SimTower. SimTower was made by Maxis back around SimCity 2000 was, and is fun in its own right. Especially the elevator management. Or should I say, elevator mismanagement. I always got a chuckle out of how long the lines got at the end of the business day, waiting for the elevator to finally get to their floor.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Damn. I remember the many many many hours I put into Animal Crossing. That was a fun game in my opinion. Even if it is just a bunch of virtual chores.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
I fucking hate that raccoon...

I don't think I ever paid him back for everything.
He sent the racoon goons for me... THEY TOOK MY GYROID! COME BACK MR.BONK, COME BACK!!!

PerfectDeath

Mar 21, 2009
wait, you have dead island in stock over there!?!

:p
I usually see a lot of Deus Ex boxes in game stores, but not that many dead island ones.