Name Game: Deckin' Halls

GeeksUtopia

Feb 26, 2011
yep i worked black friday at game stop, the horror, the horror. the sights i seen, the drunkeness of the people. AND CHRISTMAS EVE WILL BE WORSE

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
Even after Black Friday, the stores are still filled with people. The horror...oh God, the flashbacks! D:

Qitz

Mar 6, 2011
Least she has a weapon to attack people with. Squid Assault Weapon go!

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
I know how that feels.
Still, I'm finally out of the damn retail game and can look forward to being off for two weeks.

Urgh76

May 27, 2009
This was actually a really great strip this week :3

Found myself smiling more than I should be

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
At least Alix has Podi there to keep telling her everything will be okay.

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
I witnessed a similar scenario at GameStop just today actually. Crowds of people, one guy at the counter, nobody pleased. Not the worker, not the customers, only the demon of discord hanging over the shop was laughing.

Feb 13, 2008
Not enough people in front of that till. And far too much space behind it that could be used for storing more things that people will never buy.

And there's no blood on the counter.

Are you really being allowed to get away with this "pristine" "fairytale" version of what Xmas retail is really like? ;)

Stryc9

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2008
I was in Gamestop on Tuesday and there was some old granny in there trying to buy Clue for one of her grandkids. When the chick behind the counter asked her what system they had the old lady said she didn't think they had any of that kind of stuff. The cashier told her that she might've been thinking about the board game or maybe a different game and when granny said she was sure it was clue and it wasn't a board game she was looking for the cashier said she didn't have any Clue video games and couldn't help her, the old bat got all pissy and stalked\shuffled out of the store in a huff.

I actually felt bad for the cashier chick at that point.

burningdragoon

Warrior without Weapons
Jul 27, 2009
Been there more less, though I've been fortunate enough to not have worked retail during this season.

Monster_user

Jan 3, 2010
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Not enough people in front of that till. And far too much space behind it that could be used for storing more things that people will never buy.

And there's no blood on the counter.

Are you really being allowed to get away with this "pristine" "fairytale" version of what Xmas retail is really like? ;)
Actually, I'll forgive the lack of people in front of the til, that is implied with the fear, and the gray shadowy background. The lack of blood, and lack of vendor displays is a strong argument.

I was always tripping over cheap cardboard displays that were lucky to survive for four hours, much less the entire week. That is if those displays had actually survived the trip to the store. There were often filled with useless crap, and the markup on those displays was 400%!

As for the blood. Retail is probably a good job to work before you work as a doctor. The retail stores don't mention the blood, and they don't train you on proper procedures either. your left wondering if your watered down bargain price sanitizer is enough, or if you need something stronger.

I'm just glad I didn't have to deal with any corpses.

Screamarie

Mar 16, 2008
Yeah I know how Alix feels. Try working at a Movie Gallery ON christmas day. I went in at about 3 and was supposed to be relieved at 6:30 (everyone who was working that day was only supposed to be working for about 3 hours so they didn't spend their entire holiday at work) and yet...my relief didn't come.

I was there until almost eight after having the guy who was supposed to relieve me call and tell me he was sick and had to call my manager, hadn't eaten at all that day because I wanted to wait for christmas dinner, had massive amounts of customers (what the hell people?! Go home! It's CHRISTMAS!), was the only one there, and then got hit on by a guy who was about 15 years my elder.

If only I could have done what Alix did. Christmas + retail = SUCK!

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Fortunately(unfortunately?) we don't get to see Jack kick the crap out of Luke for being a dilhole and then Lando for just being there.
canadamus_prime said:
That has to be a violation of some sort of labour law.
Clearly. Red and White lights? That just hurts the eyes.