Name Game: Double Trouble

Vibhor

Aug 4, 2010
I agree to this wholeheartedly.
Nintendo seems to do sequel cash-ins the best. No matter how much recycled their games are going to be, I will still shell out some dough for another zelda on another system.

bombadilillo

Jan 25, 2011
Vibhor said:
I agree to this wholeheartedly.
Nintendo seems to do sequel cash-ins the best. No matter how much recycled their games are going to be, I will still shell out some dough for another zelda on another system.
Yeah they should just let their most popular franchises atrophy and die. That will show them?

Gamers want these games you know. How dare Nintendo give gamers what they want...

ChocoFace

Nov 19, 2008
I've never owned a nintendo console and the only game i've played of theirs is Super Mario.
I'm either missing out or staying richer.

I'd definitely buy the DS if it did print money though. Can't have enough of that.

runnernda

Feb 8, 2010
Exactly. They're making me want the 3DS and Wii U by way of nostalgia. I've been dying to play Star Fox 64 for ages.

farq1414

Jan 26, 2011
ChocoFace said:
I've never owned a nintendo console and the only game i've played of theirs is Super Mario.
I'm either missing out or staying richer.

I'd definitely buy the DS if it did print money though. Can't have enough of that.
same here and thank god i got a PS1 over a N64 or else

Vibhor

Aug 4, 2010
farq1414 said:
ChocoFace said:
Sadly you missed quite a few good games.
OoT
Super mario 64
Banjo Kazooie
Goldeneye
Blast Corps
Perfect dark

PS1 may have been the beast that time but quite a few of its games aged very well.

farq1414

Jan 26, 2011
Vibhor said:
farq1414 said:
ChocoFace said:
Sadly you missed quite a few good games.
OoT
Super mario 64
Banjo Kazooie
Goldeneye
Blast Corps
Perfect dark

PS1 may have been the beast that time but quite a few of its games aged very well.
so we got
crash 1,2 & 3
spyro 1,2 & 3
final fantasy 7,8 & 9
metal gear solid

and some of the N64 games didn't age very well either and beside i should bring up the PS2 if we are talking about good games

Vibhor

Aug 4, 2010
farq1414 said:
so we got
crash 1,2 & 3
spyro 1,2 & 3
final fantasy 7,8 & 9
metal gear solid

and some of the N64 games didn't age very well either and beside i should bring up the PS2 if we are talking about good games
Let the battle begin.
I haven't played any of the crash or spyro games. Final Fantasy 7 and 8 haven't aged well(Time has made FF7 shit) and the only one left is FF9 which I haven't played so no comment from me.
Metal Gear Solid.... Not aged very well either. The controls feel a little clunky and the graphics don't do justice to snake the badass. Also, it got a remake on nintendo console so your argument is invalid.

Could you list some of the games that haven't aged well on the console(N64)?
I would love the list considering only quite a few games were released for it.

Also keep the PS2 out of the discussion. It would be like bringing the god between the fight of two children.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Leels said:
Name Game: Double Trouble

Damn it Nintendo!

Read Full Article
Heehehehe It's alright Leels, I thought the idea of 3DS was stupid as well.....that was until Metal Gear Solid 3D and the new Shinobi game was exclusively for that system......so yeah...I'm still holding on to the dying and emaciated hand that is my Original Nintendo DS with a cartridge of Super Mario DS in there... *Sigh* Damn you Nintendo. I honestly don't even know what to think about this WiiU thing though.

It's like Nintendo knows that we'll keep crawling back to them asking for another 100 Smacks in the face(Casual half assed games) with the occasional pat on the head (Good Nintendo games) every few years or so.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
Now, I'm going to tell a funny story I heard once about Nintendo.

My balls are like little question mark blocks, and every once in a while Nintendo comes up with something new, punches me in the balls, and walks away with their gold coins.

burningdragoon

Warrior without Weapons
Jul 27, 2009
I'll be right there with everyone else just as soon as they release a game where you play as Yoshi. Until then, I think I'll manage to not piss away gleefully spend all of my money... not that I need Nintendo to help me with that >.<

FrancoDHorse

Mar 9, 2010
I guess this officially makes us the masochist and Nintendo the sadist. Such a relationship goes hand in hand with whip. lol

I swore I wouldn't get 3DS (almost did for Snake Eater) but then they just HAD to drop the bomb with Smash Bros D:

Let the whipping commence! (&%$# what was the safety word?!)

Ian Caronia

Jan 5, 2010
You are absolutely amazing, Leels. I mean, I think the Wii U is pretty damn stupid down to the name...

...BUT HD ZELDA OH MY GOD I NEED IT NOW!! I-And, if the devilish folks at Nintendo have it in them to retcon the shit out of Other M and make an HD Metroid game with the Samus we know and love... I-the thought of it-
I just can't-

*passes out*

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
the funniest thing I found about this is that there's only 2 panels for this comic.

+ I'll reserve my judgement on Wii-U until further detail is released.

rayen020

May 20, 2009
Vibhor said:
Could you list some of the games that haven't aged well on the console(N64)?
I would love the list considering only quite a few games were released for it.

Also keep the PS2 out of the discussion. It would be like bringing the god between the fight of two children.
Mario 64 hasn't aged well at all. It got a remake on DS but it had upgrades to graphics and characters so that doesn't count in my mind. The original super smash bros looks absolutely terrible and i recently played it, the controls are clunky and rudimentary at best.(also on that note although not a game in the age of dual shock the 64 controller isn't very good either). and besides the ones you named how many other 64 titles jump to mind. everyone remembers the great ones but 64 had a vast library of forgettable titles and that to me says that the system has done well over time.