Name Game: Polygon With a Thousand Faces

EternalFacepalm

Feb 1, 2011
They were actors, of course, so it was very obvious; how would you do if someone told you to look like you're lying?
I laughed out loud, didn't see the trollface coming. :3

Mysnomer

Nov 11, 2009
This is easily the best Name Game to date. Totally surprised, and happy with the result.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Owlslayer said:
Okay, that final picture made me laugh. Nice one.
Also, this makes me want to play the game even more...
Same XD

I just couldn't keep a straight face mostly because it was true

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
HankMan said:
What's Cole Phelps' favorite magic comedy duo? Penn and Teller
U mad bro?
I was, but your puns always put a smile on my face...

*Edit*

I apologize if this is a double post, my internet wants to be a dick and 404'd me when I post before.

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
Hehe. The last panel cracked me up good.

And are the facial animations really that obvious?

Jungy 365

Sep 13, 2010
Funny comic, and I'm really looking forward to picking up the game. I think I'll have to wear my suit and trilby while playing it. Or, rather, it'll give me an excuse to do so.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
awesome :p makes me wanna wear a 3-piece around and be like "this IS the current fashion. didn't you get the memo?"

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
runnernda said:
I really enjoy L.A.Noire and also I agree that Jack looks good in a three piece suit. I vote for Suit Saturdays.
Everyone looks good in a suit! Suits for everyone! I demand it!

Oh! And some stylish hats.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Scizophrenic Llama said:
Problem Detective Phelps? U mad bro?

Funny stuff.

THEJORRRG said:
Good idea incoming....
...Poker game + the super LA Noire faces + Kinect.
Link the players facial expression to the on-screen character! It would take a while to get the Kinect up to that level, I think, what with being only 1 camera and all, but it could be really good fun.
Also, I'd just love to pull silly faces and see it on an LA Noire character!
They'd need to pull some serious technological upgrades to the kinect or have some godly software. They used a ton of cameras and very specific lighting(down to wearing an orange shirt when doing lines) to get what they did. If they can somehow get this over to the kinect that'd be amazing.

That would be a neat thing to see though, facial expressions through kinect would be something that'd make it worth using in games. Mass Effect would be far more entertaining if I could have Shepard making stupid faces throughout a conversation.
Why not simply live stream the video with the other player, like webcams. Its poker, it isnt going to break imersion because there isnt any.

LadyRhian

May 13, 2010
Imagine them all going out to a retro club. Suits for the guys, and a hot little number for the little lady, complete with a hat and veil...

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Loved the last panel there. My awesome face would make that obvious.

All this about the facial expressions being pronounced to make lying obvious reminds me of the tells that are put into Poker Night at the Inventory.

They are that obvious.

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
Hahaha, that's a troll lol there xD

I haven't played L.A. Noire, but the trailers are enough to understand and laugh at the comic.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
I just got off a session of playing the game, and this stuff is really starting to annoy me. Mostly for the reason Yahtzee mentioned: Ambiguity. I will hear them say something that doesn't quite add up in my mind, and I press 'doubt' to dig a little further there. But it doesn't seem that I and Cole really agree what 'doubt' means: I want to say something along the lines of "That sounds unlikely miss, I saw the letter from your parents" and Cole will go "Admit it! You killed them!" or something along those lines.

I really suck at this game.