Name Game: Polygon With a Thousand Faces

Leels

Feb 13, 2010
Polygon With a Thousand Faces

Don't forget your handy dandy notebook.

Read Full Article

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Okay, that final picture made me laugh. Nice one.
Also, this makes me want to play the game even more...

UFriday

Nov 9, 2009
I have a feeling that 4chan would be a veritable nightmare for Mr. Phelps.
Nicely done, and I agree entirely with the Jack-Three-piece Suit comment. Maybe Rockstar sponsored their Gamestop, and now they all have to dress up?

runnernda

Feb 8, 2010
I really enjoy L.A.Noire and also I agree that Jack looks good in a three piece suit. I vote for Suit Saturdays.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
hahaha awesome. I'm looking forward to gettign Noire haven't had the money to set aside for it yet. Looking good in the suits.

MrGalactus

Elite Member
Sep 18, 2010
Good idea incoming....
...Poker game + the super LA Noire faces + Kinect.
Link the players facial expression to the on-screen character! It would take a while to get the Kinect up to that level, I think, what with being only 1 camera and all, but it could be really good fun.
Also, I'd just love to pull silly faces and see it on an LA Noire character!

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
fantastic!
and the last panel has made my Thursday!
Leels said:
Don't forget your handy dandy notebook.
nice blue clue's reference!
this also contributes to making my Thursday.

Orinon

Jan 24, 2010
I LOVE Jack's suit, So baddass looking. If you ever have to draw jack in a suit use this one as a reference.

Scizophrenic Llama

Is in space!
Dec 5, 2007
Problem Detective Phelps? U mad bro?

Funny stuff.

THEJORRRG said:
Good idea incoming....
...Poker game + the super LA Noire faces + Kinect.
Link the players facial expression to the on-screen character! It would take a while to get the Kinect up to that level, I think, what with being only 1 camera and all, but it could be really good fun.
Also, I'd just love to pull silly faces and see it on an LA Noire character!
They'd need to pull some serious technological upgrades to the kinect or have some godly software. They used a ton of cameras and very specific lighting(down to wearing an orange shirt when doing lines) to get what they did. If they can somehow get this over to the kinect that'd be amazing.

That would be a neat thing to see though, facial expressions through kinect would be something that'd make it worth using in games. Mass Effect would be far more entertaining if I could have Shepard making stupid faces throughout a conversation.

Rofl-Mayo

Mar 11, 2010
That last picture made me laugh quite a bit. I still have to play L.A. Noire though. I can't wait to buy it.

Korne

Nov 30, 2009
I feel like LA Noire is a great proof of concept and a cool step forward for the point and click adventure genre. Also, it will age horribly... like PS1 ageing.