Name Game: The Not-so-Missing Link

Leels

Feb 13, 2010
The Not-so-Missing Link

I hope they all have different last names too.

Read Full Article

Ruwrak

Sep 15, 2009
Haha so true. They all wear the same always x3
Though 'It's in the legends' or so the windwaker said.

So they can get away with it. They always metion 'That one hero from bygone ages though'.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Ha I guess that could explain about the Link in Spirit Track (how Link and Zelda/ Tetra from Phantom Hourglass had never got hook up I will never know since ST is the sequel to that game) althought I believe that Link and Zelda were just clones due to the original cannot have a child naturally.

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
"they just all happen tto be the chosen"

Seems too be an extra T. :p

Playing Skyward Sword aswell, it is very good so far.

Only thing which annoyed me, though it is my own fault since I didn't pay attention, was that some attacks break your shield instantly if you block at the wrong time, i.e too early or too late.

Idlemessiah

Zombie Steve Irwin
Feb 22, 2009
Many congrats on the artwork, they were awesome and totally worth the money, for the children!
I'm also not ashamed to admit that I had a good eye leak along with Graham and Tally at the end.

Siege_TF

May 9, 2010
Maybe each town has someone responcible for naming, like Namingway from FF5, who is actually The Watcher from Marvel... Or one of the 3 Spirits. I prefer The Watcher.
Know what would be awesome? If in the Marvel vs Capcom games The Watcher occasionally popped up during a counter and cried "Toasty!".

burningdragoon

Warrior without Weapons
Jul 27, 2009
Anyone else feel like this comic gives some horrible implications about what happens to all the Links that aren't the chosen one? Perhaps some sort of Highlander-esque fight to the death.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Kind of reminds me of school actually. Kayla A, Kayla B, Kayla G... Kyle S, Kyle G, Kyle T...

Creativity! Parents, don't go for generic names!

Bluecho

Dec 30, 2010
I've heard a few theories on how the different games fit in chronologically. But most of them assert that while some of them share a Link (like the Oracle games or the first two ever), it's nonetheless a number of different Links in each era. My guess is that at the end of Skyward Sword, it'll turn out that Link and Zelda have left an inexplicable genetic constant on the whole of the Hylian race that keeps reincarnating them.

Or hell, maybe Link is a kind of Time Lord, and his regenerations end up making him exactly the same each time but with no memory.

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
Hyrule Hospital. More like the Nintendo Cloning Facility.

Some Zelda games are alright. others I wish to banish to the sun.

Right Hook

May 29, 2011
Oh man really? Jeez I don't know much about the Legend of Zelda but I hadn't realized I was this uninformed!