telocaster

Aug 12, 2011
What are your top 5 games this gen?

Here are my 5:

5. God of War 3 (PS3)
4. Bastion (Xbox 360, PC)
3. Mass Effect 2 (Xbox 360, PS3, PC)
2. Alan Wake (Xbox 360, PC)
1. Fallout: New Vegas (Xbox 360, PS3, PC)

Chester Rabbit

Dec 7, 2011
1)Mass Effect
2)Hitman Blood Money
3)Halo 3 (I swear I did not plan that)
4)The Darkness
5)Batman Arkahm City
It?s not really easy to say because we?re not through with the current generation yet.
This list is likely to change once I finally sink my teeth in Deus Ex, The Witcher 2 and Fallout New Vegas And Mass Effect 3 (when I finally play the real game an not just the multiplayer next November)
Not to mention the new IP?s which I am fully prepared to put on this list once they come out.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Portal
Fallout 3
Borderlands
Warhawk
Valkyria Chronicles (probably the most original thing I've played this gen)

All shooters (in some form) I know but that seems to be what everyone's making.

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
Mushihimesama Futari (360)
Sega Rally (PC)
Everybody's Golf (Vita)
Ridge Racer 3D (3DS)
Tenchu Z (360)

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Batman: Arkham City. My god that was a good game. I'm still going through all the challenge maps and NG+ today.

3 star'd all the combat maps, now to get Catwoman repeatedly shot in the face. Fuck you Predator maps! Complete this map without taking a hit? Catwoman doesn't have the Easy Mode button! When there are two guys left as Batman you can just disable their guns and saunter up to them all "I'm Batman" style.

Portal 2, Bayonetta, Ace Attorney (if that counts as this gen)

Finally League of Legends I suppose. It's a really good game bar the community. Nothing beats destroying the guy who dared to facecheck the bush you were waiting in... Poor old Veigar. Couldn't even get his stun off in time.

Except destroying the guy who facechecked the bush your entire team was waiting in of course.

Oh and Nidalee is the most hilarious Champion in the game. The spears... They're just too good. Obscene amounts of damage for one projectile. The escapes they're even better! I killed Volibear without even triggering his passive. When his health hits 30% he regens a load of it back.

Looks like 33% to instant death doesn't trigger it... XD

Vkmies

Oct 8, 2009
1.Portal
2.Half Life 2 (If you count that Last Gen, then the episodes)
3.Bastion
4.Hitman: Blood Money
5.Twilight Princess? I don't know. So many choices... Super Mario Galaxy? Red Dead Redemption? Civilization V? GOD DAMNIT CHOICES!

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
This Generation as in, starting from roughly 2005/2006? Alrighty then, here's my top 5 in no particular order!

Mass Effect (X360)
Batman - Arkham Asylum (PS3/X360)
Portal (X360, PS3, PC)
Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii)
The Elder Scrolls IV - Oblivion (X360, PS3, PC)

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Okay, here we go in a particular order...<.<

1. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. a tie between Call of Pripyat and Shadow of Chernobyl...

2. No More Heroes...

3. Metro 2033...

4. Deus Ex Human Revolution...

5. Nier...

Rose and Thorn

May 4, 2012
-Bioshock (Favorite game ever)
-Fallout 3
-Dragon Age:Origins
-Portal
-Heavy Rain

I have played these games more then I would like to admit. Playing Bioshock anually has become a tradition of mine.

someonehairy-ish

Mar 15, 2009
Portal
Skyrim
Bioshock
Dead Space 2
Ratchet & Clank: A Crack In Time

[sub]These are most of the games I've actually bothered playing all the way through this gen[/sub]

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
In no particular order, but picked for vaguely justifiable reasons:

Mass Effect
Assassins Creed 2
Portal 2
Mirrors Edge
Bayonetta

Honourable mention time: Bioshock, Fallout 3, Halo: Reach

Of course, this gen ain't done yet, so that's just a "so far" list really.

ImperialSunlight

Nov 18, 2009
Arrrgghhh so many to chose from!!!!

Umm...

1) Dark Souls
2) Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
3) TESV: Skyrim
4) The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
5) Warhawk

Honourable mention to Blazblue, Dragon Age: Origins, and Rock Band

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
1. Persona 4: Golden (Vita) It's out in Japan, so it counts.
2. Team Fortress 2 (PC) I'm planning on going over 1,000 hours. DETERMINATION!
3. Gravity Rush (Vita) Too awesome to describe with words.
4. Portal 2 (PC, 360, PS3) So funny. Already played through it 15+ times.
5. Fallout 3 (PC, 360, PS3) The first open-world game I ever played.

Gitty101

Jan 22, 2010
1) Mass Effect 2/3 - (3 has the better mechanics, but I'm reserving overall judgement till' the extended cut).
2) Dark Souls - gaming purity. Skillful and thoughtful gameplay.
3) The Witcher 2 - an RPG the way it should be. Plus it has boobs.
4) Batman: Arkham Asylum - Arkham City was the better game in terms of mechanics and longevity, but Asylum was better paced and had a superior atmosphere.
5) Street Fighter IV (plus all expansions) - my favorite fighting game of all time. Have sunk many hours into this game against friends and randoms online.

Honorable mentions: Gears of War 3 (Shuddup it's fun enough with friends), TESV: Skyrim, Fallout 3 and BioShock.

KrabbiPatty

Jan 16, 2008
No specific order:

Modern Warfare 2
Bastion
Portal
Gears of War 3
Mass Effect 3 (the game was good, the ending made Jesus fling himself Heaven screaming "THIS IS NOT WHAT I SACRIFICED FOR!")

Raggedstar

Jul 5, 2011
1. Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack In Time (I don't care if it's a sequel. It's damn good!)
2. Portal
3. Xenoblade Chronicles
4. Journey
5. Assassin's Creed 2 maybe?

DeManix

Jun 7, 2010
1. Portal 2
2. Mass Effect
3. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
4. Fallout 3
5. Red Dead Redemption

Still got loads of games to come in this generation though, so I doubt that list will stay the same until the next one.

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
#5 Diablo 3 - Honestly, this game could easily get up to number 2 and possibly number 1. The only reason it's so low on the list right now is because it's only a month old. Too soon to see if the lasting appeal is there. I've put over 200 hours into the game I'm still addicted.

#4 inFamous - My favorite superhero game of all-time. Surprising considering how great Arkham Asylum/City are. This one blew me away and stands out as a sandbox game I can actually tolerate.

#3 Metroid Prime 3 - My favorite Wii game. It's not as memorable as Prime for Gamecube, but it is the most fun and replayable of this franchise.

#2 Dragon Age: Origins - Fantastic memorable story and characters. Moments in this game are etched in my mind like classic moments in movies growing up.

#1 Rock Band 3 - Favorite game of all-time which makes it the default winner for this generation. Guitar/Base/Vocals/Keyboard are okay, but Drums are fantastic. This game is fun solo, multi and co-op and provides the greatest sense of accomplishment and replay value I've ever seen in a video game. I only wished the drum sets weren't so fragile as the pads tend to break down in about a year.

Honorable Mentions: Civilizations 5, Plants vs Zombies, Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age 2, SWTOR, Defense Grid, Zelda Twilight Princess, Borderlands and Super Street Fighter 4

F'Angus

Nov 18, 2009
Hmm that's a tough one.. Don't think I could put them in order.

But I'll have a go:

-The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim ... Would've gone for Oblivion but Skyrim blew that out of the water.

-Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare ... There's no doubt that this was one helluvah shooter.

-Halo: Reach ... Okay I think Halo 3 had a great story, but I just loved reach. Fantastic Multiplayer.

-Borderlands ... Played the heck out of this game, never gets old.

-Uncharted 2/3 ... Couldn't choose between these. Brilliant story, quality gameplay.

Honourable Mentions: Resistance Fall Of Man, Little Big Planet, Bioshock, Gears of War.

blackdwarf

Jun 7, 2010
witcher 2.
dark souls.
dragon age origins.
ghost trick.
9 hours, 9 persons, 9 doors. (not sure of the order :p)

this from the top of my head, sure will change if i would really think about it.
Honorable mentions: castevania LoS, Vanquish, batman series (city wins, but they are both amazing). deus ex HR.