NASA Scientist Claims to Have Found Evidence of Extraterrestrial Life

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
Well, anyone that had put money on life outside our own been found is a happy camper today // Now I'm sure know one ever believe that the first life we find out there would be anything the movies but this possibly shows some where over the rainbow aliens fly

-M

RobCoxxy

Feb 22, 2009
Nouw said:
This was inevitable, good to see that you guys picked up on this jewel as well!

Well it ain't no Xenomorph but still wonderful news.
You sure that would be awesome?
Shady corporations always seem intent on bringing Xenomorphs to Earth, and Wayland Yutani have never been known for their ability to contain the bastards.

OT: Awesome. Dunno why he went on Fox with it though. They'll be slapping their heads screaming "IT WAS GOD, GOD I TELL YOU!"

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
RobCoxxy said:
Nouw said:

Shady corporations always seem intent on bringing Xenomorphs to Earth, and Wayland Yutani have never been known for their ability to contain the bastards.

OT: Awesome. Dunno why he went on Fox with it though. They'll be slapping their heads screaming "IT WAS GOD, GOD I TELL YOU!"
I knew I should have worded it as Asari >.>

Erm I never said Xenomorph! *Shoots.

Et Australus

Mar 6, 2011
I recently had the opportunity of meeting a NASA scientist at a convention held in Worcestershire Eng, and asked him if he believed flying saucers really existed and what were they most likely constructed of. He confirmed they do indeed exist and after carefully studying several varieties, he concluded all of them were made of bone china.

RobCoxxy

Feb 22, 2009
Nouw said:
RobCoxxy said:
Nouw said:

I knew I should have worded it as Asari >.>

Erm I never said Xenomorph! *Shoots.
I'm fine with that. Or Turians. They're awesome.
As long as the Asari don't explode our minds post-brain-coitus it's a'ight.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Andy of Comix Inc said:
"There are some that are just very strange and don't look like anything that I've been able to identify, and I've shown them to many other experts that have also come up stump."

That is the most exciting sentence in this whole article.
Let's just hope said bacteria isn't the dreaded solanmum. (for those who are behind on their must read book list, solanmum is the zombie virus as named by max brooks zombie survival guide)

This is certainly exciting news but it does disappoint me that we could've found out so much sooner if more scientists 'considered it possible'. I often feel this attitude of cynicism within the scientific community towards the paranormal holds the potential to better understand this field back.

Still, well done to the guy for going against this common problem.

SendMeNoodz84

Jun 11, 2009
ianrocks6495 said:
scarab7 said:
This is big, still skeptical, but I'd like to see this as signs of life. I'll wait until a few papers are published before I start building an alien proof bunker.
By then it will be too late! I for one, welcome our new alien overlords.
Not event the Zorgons like a kiss ass!

Seriously though, this is big. Well it's actually microscopic, but it's still amazing.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
John Funk said:
Or maybe life was intentionally seeded here as part of a grand scheme by the Forerunners as they built their installations to contain the threat of the Flood, and -- no, wait, that's Halo.
Wait is Halo not real?
and
"I interpret it as indicating that life is more broadly distributed than restricted strictly to the planet Earth,"
As opposed to ZOMG aluns!

RainingCobalt

Nov 10, 2010
Holy - the day of the triffids is upon us! :O

... But in all seriousness, this is pretty interesting, and probability does say something like this would have happened eventually.

RN7

Oct 27, 2009
WillN7 said:
Lol nice Halo reference. I'm assuming that it hasn't been reviewed by a whole lot of other scientists yet, because it hasn't been a huge news headline. Cause I mean, if it's 100% proven that any form of extraterrestrial life has been found, shouldn't it be big news all over the place, newspapers, TV, magazines, etc? Or will people still care more about what Snooki had for breakfast that morning.
Yes...but you haven't realized that the mass media appeals to idiots, failures and generally genetically-useless people. And the other 40% of the world who haven't discovered the Escapist yet, thankfully. They won't report on a "possible" claim that can be shot down, especially when it's one guy vs. the entirety of the scientific community, even if this claim has a good basis in relation to the provided evidence.

And even if they did report on it, people wouldn't care. If they did, they would have been as excited as me when they found GFAJ-1.

Decabo

Dec 16, 2009
So you make this big discovery, and your first outlet for telling people is the least truthful news organization that's ever existed? Good choice.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Soooo, NASA have found a used condom in space? Great for them.

I was even more surprised that a nasa space vessel actually made it out of earths atmosphere for once, I think that deserves a special mention too, its a rare event.

Seagoon

Feb 14, 2010
I'm no scientist but can they clone alien dna, jurrasic park style? That would be awesome, havin a little alien bacteria! Please, anyone with any sciemtific knowledge answer?