Natal Expected to Stab Gamers in the Wallet at $149

Idlemessiah

Zombie Steve Irwin
Feb 22, 2009
I have absolutely no interest in motion control.
Imagine playing Gears of War or CoD with motion controls. You'd basically be going on a journey to bullet wounds and failure every 10 seconds.

Enigmers

Dec 14, 2008
So what you're saying is, if I don't buy it, I save on $150 AND I don't have to use gimmicky motion controls?

What's the catch?

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
A device with a very creepy name that makes us control games by waving our arms around like we were being attacked by hordes of flies with a over $100 price tag... I AM SOLD!

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
Seriously? You honestly think your Guy in Front of All The Camcorders At an Electronics store Simulation Device is worth that much? I doubt it Microsoft, and I'm one of the few people who doesn't constantly go "durr hurr evil Micro$oft" at every opportunity.

MR.Spartacus

Jul 7, 2009
Redingold said:
How many people here will still refer to it as Natal, even though that won't be it's final name? I know I probably will.
I sure will. Hell I won't be able to see one without muttering something about "cutting the cord". It'd still be a ripoff at a third of the price.

Miumaru

May 5, 2010
I didnt think 150 was a crazy amount. Dumber things have cost more. Hell, if Natal actually turns out to be a good thing, 150 might even seem a good price.

Flauros

Mar 2, 2010
Distorted Stu said:
Jeez, i would only buy it for that price if it sang happy birthday to me while shooting chocolate gold coins.
i think theres something that does that, for like, 30 dollars.

funksobeefy

Mar 21, 2009
the only thing that matters is how it effects Fable three. I know old Peter M is a crazy mother fucker, but man can he get me pumped up for his games.

soilent

Jan 2, 2010
Kross said:
Redingold said:
How many people here will still refer to it as Natal, even though that won't be it's final name? I know I probably will.
Probably about as many people that still call their Wii "Revolution".

For the record, I still think "Wii" is an annoying name.
I called my Gamecube a Dolphin for years.

Apr 29, 2010
Kross said:
Redingold said:
Probably about as many people that still call their Wii "Revolution".

For the record, I still think "Wii" is an annoying name.
Why did they decide on the name "Wii" anyways? Just so they could do the "Wii would like to play commercials"?

blalien

Jul 3, 2009
Explain to me why anybody would buy this instead of a Wii. Are you really expecting anything other than crappy Wii Sports clones?

sephiroth1991

Dec 3, 2009
Tom Goldman said:
As expected, Natal/MicroEye/GatesVision will be "heavily targeted towards casual players and families."
They have chosen the wrong target audience for their product, it worked for the Wii cos it was cheap and it had a lot of people who like Mario and Zelda games, Natal is too expensive to be sold to people who play games casually and families will just turn to the Wii because it's more family friendly and less costly.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
Redingold said:
Yeah, Microsoft would be FUCKING RETARDED to change its Name this late in the game (and with so little warning) at the same time as going against both people's expectations and the competition

I mean yeah, they COULD change it's name but then they would have to spend HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of dollars trying to re-popularise the new name and completely undo the buzz already generated. Huge waste of money on marketing/PR.

Then again, MS has gone hugely downhill since 2000's with Gates leaving, didn't Apple this week recently lap MS in total company worth?!?

sooperman

Partially Awesome at Things
Feb 11, 2009
Why does this bring the phrase "Waaahhh waaahhh X's products are overpriced!!" to mind?

All we need now is for Apple to get on the gaming bandwagon. I mean, "overpriced" is clearly a thing nowadays.

That's probably not going to happen for a while, though, as Jobs is a business man and not a gamer.