Natal Expected to Stab Gamers in the Wallet at $149

Sevenfest

Mar 10, 2010
Apparentely it will be bundled with a console.. a new 360 slim. Heard about that rumour at a conference, don't know how true that is - $150 though, that price can eat a bag of dicks.

edgeofblade

Jan 8, 2009
Everyone knows how this economic game works: You want, they have, they are obligated to price it where you will buy it AND where they make the most money. If you think this is too much, prove them wrong and don't buy it, but don't fool yourself into thinking a single person standing in the way of a mob has any chance.

As for me... I'm still undecided and need a good showing at E3 to convince me. As it is right now, the price is right at $100. Give me the right games to convince me, and $150 could be a reality.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
people do know they don't have to buy the Natal bundle? everyone's going on about as if you have no choice to purchase it =S and this article might not even be true, as stated...

Brad Shepard

Sep 9, 2009
There going to lose a lot of money on this, and i sware to God, this better not become a needed part of the 360...

Seatownstriker

May 19, 2010
Brad Shepard said:
There going to lose a lot of money on this, and i sware to God, this better not become a needed part of the 360...
I don't think it will become a needed part. Considering Bungie has said it won't use motion control for Halo: Reach. I think thats a good sign.

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
$50 + PC compatibility was making me interested. $150? not so much - I'd rather get a graphics card.

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
As expected, Natal/MicroEye/GatesVision will be "heavily targeted towards casual players and families."
Goodbye quality games, helloooo shovelware. Since I still have a standing boycott against the Wii (no I'm not going to explain my reasons for it anymore) I'll make damn sure I never buy one of these after reading that.

tkioz

Fussy Fiddler
May 7, 2009
$150US? great that means it will be at least $250 maybe $300AU by the time it comes out here, despite the fact it should be at most $180AU based on conversion, so screw that.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Redingold said:
How many people here will still refer to it as Natal, even though that won't be it's final name? I know I probably will.
Unless they manage to find a worse name.
Does anyone call the Wii the "Revolution" any more?

That is a crazy price: what the consoles were costing this time last gen. It kind of defeats the purpose of replacing the wii. For $50 more, you can actually get a wii.

Deofuta

Nov 10, 2009
Well there goes any chance of me purchasing it, but the idea of a football game is pretty cool.

thethingthatlurks

Feb 16, 2010
Redingold said:
How many people here will still refer to it as Natal, even though that won't be it's final name? I know I probably will.
I'm still calling it Nay-tahl (thanks, Yahtzee), or piece-of-crap, and I doubt I'll change that.
But considering the stupidity of the average modern gamer, this expensive gimmick will sell like...like expensive yet useless gimmicks sell these days. Motion control was a neat idea, but it just isn't fun to play. /old fart rant

Forktongue

May 19, 2009
I wouldn't be surprised if this is just rumor mongering. I'm supposed to believe a "reliable" but anonymous source? Excuse me while I don't hold my breath. The fact is we won't know for sure until E3 at the earliest. Why bother freaking out over rumors when we'll get the facts in a few weeks?

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
That is an insane amount of money... hopefully this idea flops and we can start making gameplay innovations that actually matter and are fun. I can see no fun at all in standing in front of a television waving my arms around. The EyeToy was a bad gimmick back when it came out. I remember playing with it once and then getting bored, much like the Wii.