Natal Launch Will be "Like the Launch of Xbox 360"

sneakypenguin

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 31, 2008
Country
usa
I'm psyched for it. I'd consider buying another 360 just for it if the release games are decent.

Ashbax

Jan 7, 2009
CantFaketheFunk said:
Jsnoopy said:
Lol, it definitely seems like Microsoft is setting themselves up for failure here. Natal seems cool, but certainly not cool enough to stand in line at midnight for.
Y'know, I thought this, but I've read some firsthand impressions that really changed my mind - this great piece at Kikizo [http://games.kikizo.com/features/microsoft-natal-xbox-360-why-its-a-big-deal-p1.asp], for instance.
Yeah, im not sure what to think about this. I dont think Natals a whole new console and im certainly not waiting in line, however, I am eager for it to be released and I want them to just get the software finished and ship it instead of, I dunno, planning a fucking party :p

dochmbi

Sep 15, 2008
I think there's a lot of potential in this sort of technology. If we can get make it highly accurate and sensitive and have a high refresh rate and combine that with games that take full advantage of the hardware, it would be incredible awesome. The problem is that since this stuff is still in the 1st generation, it probably will be a bit gimmicky and won't be utilized fully and may just end up like the gimmicky wave-around-wildly controls of the Wii.

People getting tired of motion controls? Oh cmon, give me a break. People are tired of crappy 1st generation motion control products, they are looking for the technology to mature and become powerful.
I just don't think Natal will be that good, because I would think that those algorithms for recognizing body movements would have to be very complex and intelligent, in order to efficently separate meaningful gestures from noise.

Xbowhyena

Jan 26, 2009
Whether or not Natal succeeds, it will be an enormous step into putting near virtual reality gaming into the hands of the public. I'm exited, even though I doubt I will pick one up lol.

Samman

Mar 19, 2009
Microsoft hired that dude from MIT with the 3d lean-motion shit he rigged from a wii controller. If they could produce a good FPS with a lean gameplay component like that, I'd totally be sold on Natal.

Until there's some games showing off what it's capable of though, I don't care about motion controls.

Dragonrabbit

Nov 15, 2008
NoMoreSanity said:
Crap, I heard the Wii sales were going down, but you can only sell so many Wiis before most people have one.
If everyone has a Wii, I believe that means Nintendo wins.

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
A lot of core gamers should seriously start questioning the direction that Microsoft might be heading to. I don't mind a company releasing a peripheral but sheduling a full fledged 'console-launch' almost screams that they might want to change their attitude toward the games they encourage and produce themselves.

Still can't understand why they would try so desperately to compete with the Wii in that aspect, the market is gone and the Wii won it.

Yog Sothoth

Elite Member
Dec 6, 2008
Natal looks like a big, fat gimmick to me. I think that it's far more likely to go the way of the Power Glove and the Virtual Boy than anything else. I could be wrong, but how many attempts at motion sensitive controllers did Nintendo and the rest attempt before the market accepted them? Would the market have accepted the Wii's motion controls if they weren't bundled with the system?

In short, I think it will take a small miracle for Natal to succeed...

Jsnoopy

Nov 20, 2008
Samman said:
Microsoft hired that dude from MIT with the 3d lean-motion shit he rigged from a wii controller. If they could produce a good FPS with a lean gameplay component like that, I'd totally be sold on Natal.

Until there's some games showing off what it's capable of though, I don't care about motion controls.

Actually, if they manage to develop an excellent or even just an above average FPS that works well with Natal, than I will stand in line at midnight to buy one. Put something tells me that won't happen. It might, but probably won't.

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
Oh wow! This looks interesting.

I better reserve my place in line so I can head to Gamestop and not buy it. :D

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
I find this unusually retarded. I bought a copy of Marvel Ultimate Alliance for the PS-3 and decided to buy a differant one for the 360 simply because I utterly hated those Siraxis motion control bits for pushing boxes or whatever else.

Maybe when they come up with some kind of personal holochamber in the next century motion controls will be acceptable. Until then... no... just no... The Wii is the most successful motion based game system out there and honestly it's control system is junk for serious gaming as far as I'm concerned... and yes I've tried it.

>>>----Therumancer--->

Chainsaws_of_War_2

Jan 15, 2009
No faith in the world's largest gaming monopoly eh? Personally, with the amount of funding and time this project has had (since 2002 people, we're talking Halo 1 generation), I believe it won't just be "another Eyetoy". Will there be a slow incline of sales? Sure. Not enough games supporting it at first? Probably. Bugs and glitches at launch? I'll lay money on it. But none of these isn't going to cause me to doubt that this is one of the biggest breakthroughs technology itself has come to realize. I feel a Jetson's daydream coming on every time I hear more about Project Natal. That never happened with the Wii or PS3.

xxnightlawxx

Nov 6, 2008
Gonna be sweet but buggy. Pricey but worth it. Hard to get your hands on but not very popular.It is gonna be a lot of stuff.