Nathan Fillion Reminds Gamers of the Dangers of "Swamp Ass"

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Nathan Fillion Reminds Gamers of the Dangers of "Swamp Ass"

A sweaty backside while gaming can be a terrible thing.

"Swamp Ass." It's a phenomenon that most gamers are sadly all too familiar with. You're sitting on your couch, shooting some faces in Call of Duty: The Newest One, and then you begin to feel oddly moist. Like a perfect storm, the sweat on your back and the warmth of the couch combine to wreak havoc, only it's on your backside instead of shorefront property.

Actor Nathan Fillion, best known to nerds for his role as Captain Mal Reynolds on Firefly - and known to gamers for his work in games like play Nathan Drake on the big screen [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/94968-Nathan-Fillion-Wants-In-on-Halo-Reach] - thinks that more people need to be aware of this tragic issue that affects millions around the world.

Fillion and Break.com [http://www.break.com/] have teamed up to produce this Public Service Announcement that you see here to the right, to raise awareness about the dangers of Swamp Ass - because the more we know about it, the more we can fight it. With hair dryers. Between raids.

Thanks, Cap'n Mal. You're awfully shiny for doing this.

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
Good lord, that man is the best man in the history of men.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
This is the best thing I've seen in weeks. And I just watched Labyrinth last night. Somehow, Nathan Fillion is better than David Bowie's crotch.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
That is quite possibly the strangest thing I've heard in relation to gaming lately, but I believe the appropriate response is...

Iznat

Feb 13, 2010
That was absolutely adorable.

I have no idea why. Cheered me up to no end, though.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Was that Nyan Cat with an NES controller for a body? ... o_O

Dr_Horrible

Oct 24, 2010
Wow, this was the best and funniest thing I've seen recently, even though I've been going through the LoadingReadyRun video archives... Nathan Fillion is just plain awesome.

Also:
Radoh said:
Good lord, that man is the best man in the history of men.
sounds about right.

EDIT:
Black Watch said:
I think I just turned gay because of that man.
As a completely straight man, I can say that that is a reasonable response

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
That perfectly serious expression he pulls when he starts using the hairdryer made me crack up. Please tell me there will be more of this "The More You Nerd".

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Vault Citizen said:
I have never heard of (or experienced) Swamp Ass, is it really that common a thing?
It really depends on where you're sitting and your own body. It happens to me a lot when I sit on pleather chairs. Real leather or fabric and I'm just fine, but 10 minutes on a pleather chair and my pants are soaked through. No idea why.

I can't say how common it is though, I haven't actually asked anyone if they get it /shrug.