Nathan Fillion Wants In on Halo: Reach

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Nathan Fillion Wants In on Halo: Reach

Firefly actor Nathan Fillion has seen an early version of Halo: Reach, and says it was awesome enough to convince him to enter the voice actor's studio again, should Bungie wish it.

[mtv=439556]

What we learn in the above video from MTV Multiplayer [http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2009/09/24/video-nathan-fillion-has-seen-halo-reach-wants-in/]:

1.) Nathan Fillion went to Bungie and saw "fun time," which in the context in the video apparently refers to part of the process of making Halo: Reach - he "watched them build it."

2.) Bungie knows that Fillion is "in, for whatever they've got going on."

3.) There's something going on between Fillion and Bungie staff composer Marty O'Donnell [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_O%27Donnell], seriously. Flirting? Third dates? Ah Nathan, you're breaking the heart of every nerd from here to Tokyo.

In any case, Fillion's voice work as ODST protagonist Buck is one of the things that even its detractors can't really complain about, so I'd be surprised if people greeted this news with dismay. More Nathan Fillion? How can anybody say no to that?

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
I wanna be in on it, too!
All you have to do is be kinda well known?

Hrm...

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Hell yes.

Mr. Fillion wants in, Bungie want him in. Perfect. Can't say no to more of him in my games.

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
Heh, I have a friend who will be very happy about this.
and jealous, because he doen't have a 360.
But, this will be good it he's voice acting :)

hansari

May 31, 2009
Amnestic said:
Hell yes.

Mr. Fillion wants in, Bungie want him in. Perfect. Can't say no to more of him in my games.
"Lets not play this game...lets not play this game...they know...their liking it..." I laughed at that part...thought it was very smug...

So whats up with this guy? Didn't he already have a role on ODST? Why would Reach be a problem? (aside from the fact that it would not make sense...like having the same voice actor starring as the main character in all the Silent Hill games...)

Also...what happened to this guys dream? [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/93572-Superman-Wants-to-Be-in-Warcraft-Movie]

WNxSajuukCor

Oct 31, 2007
hansari said:
So whats up with this guy? Didn't he already have a role on ODST? Why would Reach be a problem? (aside from the fact that it would not make sense...like having the same voice actor starring as the main character in all the Silent Hill games...)
According to Halo 3: ODST, both Dare and Buck were on Reach and were able to escape. So he could be reprising his roll as Buck in Halo: Reach.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
hansari said:
Amnestic said:
Hell yes.

"Lets not play this game...lets not play this game...they know...their liking it..." I laughed at that part...thought it was very smug...

Also...what happened to this guys dream? [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/93572-Superman-Wants-to-Be-in-Warcraft-Movie]
I guess we'll find out when we learn more about the Warcraft movie :p

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
HELL YES. Its kind of funny though how in ODST his game counter part looks almost exactly like he does in real life.

Kuliani

BEACUASE
Dec 14, 2004
I'm assuming that he still expects them to pay him for his voice acting.

So, officially, Bungie, I'm also willing to be in on that gravy train too.

Littaly

Jun 26, 2008
The Infamous Scamola said:
Haven't watched one episode of Firefly. Still, good for him, I guess? He looks like a cool dude.
Radeonx said:
Never seen Firefly, but good. I like his voice acting.
What are you two waiting for?! Go! Now!

hansari

May 31, 2009
WNxSajuukCor said:
According to Halo 3: ODST, both Dare and Buck were on Reach and were able to escape. So he could be reprising his roll as Buck in Halo: Reach.
Ah, my mistake then...I'm not all that well versed in Halo lore...

hansari

May 31, 2009
CantFaketheFunk said:
I guess we'll find out when we learn more about the Warcraft movie :p
I heard Megan Fox would play Tyrande Whisperwind, the night elf!

And that Michael Moore would play a paladin!

Joshimodo

Sep 13, 2008
Awesome. He's a good voice actor, haven't seen Firefly though.

Additionally-I want his suit and shirt. They even put my professionally handmade pinstripe suit/trousers/waistcoat and purple shirt to shame.