crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008

IceForce

Is this memes?
Legacy
Dec 11, 2012
I wonder if this thread'll get locked like the last one... Anyway, the cops involved in the original incident have been fired. But they should really be arrested, not just fired.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Our offices in both downtowns closed early as public transportation is shutting down at like...6pm.

Not that most of us are in office but the looting and riots are starting to creep more and more into St Paul. It's unlikely to actually get to me as I'm not living in the cities but I'm seeing protesters on the cross street a few blocks away.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Minneapolis is not gonna play ball. DA will not press charges. Cowabunga it is.
For those of you interested in offering financial support to protesters I recommend the Minnesota Freedom Fund. If you live in the area, do not touch the gas canisters ever and check the MSDS for recommended treatments for whatever chemical get on your face. Use lots of water, too much even, to flush it out if it’s water soluble. Edited to remove a tear gas treatment I’ve learned is a bad idea.

Last edited:

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
I hope the protestors win.
I think a lot of the protestors got the hell out of there and took cover when things kicked off more. It's just rioters now.

Minneapolis is not gonna play ball. DA will not press charges. Cowabunga it is.
For those of you interested in offering financial support to protesters I recommend the Minnesota Freedom Fund. If you live in the area, do not touch the gas canisters ever and check the MSDS for recommended treatments for whatever chemical get on your face. Use lots of water, too much even, to flush it out if it’s water soluble. Edited to remove a tear gas treatment I’ve learned is a bad idea.
I'd advise wait for the recovery fundraiser because some of the rioters have caused affordable housing blocks to burn down costing people who live their all their belongings and basically leaving them homeless for the moment.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
I think a lot of the protestors got the hell out of there and took cover when things kicked off more. It's just rioters now.
Highly inaccurate. Streams I’ve seen from last night included all types, including plenty of people upset at the escalation. Also looting and protesting are hardly mutually exclusive, you can see identical behavior in the Hong Kong protests and elsewhere. This is what happens when authorities are deemed illegitimate.

I'd advise wait for the recovery fundraiser because some of the rioters have caused affordable housing blocks to burn down costing people who live their all their belongings and basically leaving them homeless for the moment.
Housing in question was an incomplete condominium to my knowledge.

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
Ah, police in the US are conducting extrajudicial killings of black men and people are responding by rioting. Must be a day ending in Y.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Ah, police in the US are conducting extrajudicial killings of black men and people are responding by rioting. Must be a day ending in Y.
Closest comparison to this scenario would be the LA race riots where around a hundred died, a number I imagine this will dwarf due to the conflicting forces involved and how rapidly solidarity protests have spread to other major metros.

Reactions: Leg End

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Highly inaccurate. Streams I’ve seen from last night included all types, including plenty of people upset at the escalation. Also looting and protesting are hardly mutually exclusive, you can see identical behavior in the Hong Kong protests and elsewhere. This is what happens when authorities are deemed illegitimate.
I never saw much looting if any happening during the Hong Kong protests etc

Housing in question was an incomplete condominium to my knowledge.
I dunno looked pretty complete from what was being shown.

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
Closest comparison to this scenario would be the LA race riots where around a hundred died, a number I imagine this will dwarf due to the conflicting forces involved and how rapidly solidarity protests have spread to other major metros.
We had our national riots in England back in 2011. It started in London as a protest against the police shooting a man, but then devolved into a riot. Other people across the country then participated in copycat riots in other cities. No real motive other than a chance to get away with property damage and looting in the middle of the recession. Five people were murdered, and 205 people were injured, 189 of whom were police officers. £200 million in property damage was committed. Over 3000 people were arrested. If the riots in the US "stick" like that, I'd expect all the bad numbers to be worse.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
I never saw much looting if any happening during the Hong Kong protests etc
Plenty, largely of businesses viewed as “mainlander” or police aligned. Common criticism by dumbass supporters of the CCP and the cops. Our media just never focused on it. This happens all over dude.

I dunno looked pretty complete from what was being shown.
Nah

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Plenty, largely of businesses viewed as “mainlander” or police aligned. Common criticism by dumbass supporters of the CCP and the cops. Our media just never focused on it. This happens all over dude.

Nah
Ah good to know they were empty.

Shame because you can bet that company will move elsewhere after this one though not wanting to deal with it again unless the local government is paying for it all.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Ah good to know they were empty.

Shame because you can bet that company will move elsewhere after this one though not wanting to deal with it again unless the local government is paying for it all.
Eh, it probably was part of a public grant, they’ll be there again assumedly.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Evidently a large group is gathered now those few blocks away. All the businesses have shut down in my area and everyone is battening down the hatches.

So far they're being good and peaceful. Hopefully it stays that way. No reason for them to come into the suburb if it turns spicy but I'm close enough that you never know...

EDIT: That area isn't as bad as I was led to believe. I suppose it can go sideways quickly but as of now, it's maybe two dozen people chanting. The street isn't even closed to cars so lots of chanting and lots of honking.

Last edited:

Nick Calandra

Editor-in-Chief of The Escapist
Escapist +
Mar 13, 2020
Country
USA
Keep the thread free of speculation and shitposting and this one will stay up this time. We're watching these threads closely right now.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Looking like George didn’t even resist. This isn’t exactly bulletproof but holy hell is it infuriating.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
And the precinct building is gone.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
There was a black lives matter protest in LA yesterday and today because of the killing in Minneapolis.

They blocked freeways and were attacking police cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.