National Police Association sues to make trans Nashville school shooter Audrey Hale's manifesto public - days after cops said they were pausing plans

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...le-shooter-Audrey-Hales-manifesto-public.html

The National Police Association has filed a lawsuit in a bid to make trans Nashville school shooter Audrey Hale's manifesto public.

Hale's manifesto has remained shrouded in secrecy since the March 27 massacre at Covenant Christian Academy that killed three children and three school workers, with the gunwoman also shot dead by cops.

But on April 28, NPA Head Ed Hutchinson and Tennessee investigator Clata Renee Brewer filed the suit with Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County. They subsequently issued an amended complaint on Friday blasting the 'absurd' decision to withhold the manifesto once more because of pending litigation.

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
That's, in context, endorsement.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Would have been better if they never acknowledged the "manifesto" in the first place. Crazy people write crazy things down before they do crazy things, we don't need to indulge the fantasy that they're some revolutionary leader.

Reactions: Ag3ma

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
I don't get why people are so utterly obsessed with this

Let's go ahead and say it is the ultimate far right GC Wet Dream; the shooter declares their trans and this was a call to a Holy War against all Christians because they saw Satan in a Blood Sacrifice Ritual tell them that it is their duty to murder every man woman and child who loves Jesus.

...so? One nutter butter went nutter butters. We've seen plenty of these "manifestos" and no one gives a shit

Of course I know the answer (White Males gunning people down is a lone wolf crazy but a minority doing it represents all minorities) but it's still weird to me how much people care about this shit.

CM156

Resident Reactionary
Legacy
May 6, 2020
Country
United States
I don't get why people are so utterly obsessed with this
Because it was withheld, leading to the conclusion that there's something salacious in there.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
Would have been better if they never acknowledged the "manifesto" in the first place. Crazy people write crazy things down before they do crazy things, we don't need to indulge the fantasy that they're some revolutionary leader.
People write manifestos in the hope other people will read them. If people know the fame from a shooting spree will guarantee lots of attention for a manifesto, it creates quite a motivation for insane manifesto writers to shoot people.

The press should avoid reporting the killers' names and their manifestos should be buried as deep as possible.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
People write manifestos in the hope other people will read them. If people know the fame from a shooting spree will guarantee lots of attention for a manifesto, it creates quite a motivation for insane manifesto writers to shoot people.

The press should avoid reporting the killers' names and their manifestos should be buried as deep as possible.
I've often wondered what would happen if instead of making them out to be cool and scary (and sometimes the result of unrequited love or bullying), the media got stuck in and listed all their failures and shortcomings and made them a subject of contempt.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

I've often wondered what would happen if instead of making them out to be cool and scary (and sometimes the result of unrequited love or bullying), the media got stuck in and listed all their failures and shortcomings and made them a subject of contempt.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Because it was withheld, leading to the conclusion that there's something salacious in there.
I think it's that because it was withheld, it leads to the conclusion that political forces are trying to erase the misdeeds of only specific demographics. Regardless, the "stop publishing manifestos" solution remains a strong contender.

CM156

Resident Reactionary
Legacy
May 6, 2020
Country
United States
I think it's that because it was withheld, it leads to the conclusion that political forces are trying to erase the misdeeds of only specific demographics. Regardless, the "stop publishing manifestos" solution remains a strong contender.
If we do that, we have to do it uniformly. And I'm not entirely sure we want that.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
If we do that, we have to do it uniformly. And I'm not entirely sure we want that.
I am confident we should want that. I don't think we should be enabling anyone to make themselves a martyr for their own cause this way.

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
Agree on the not reporting names, disagree on burying manifestos. Don't publish them in major media, but don't bother to bury and taboo them either. Make them something that anyone curious could read with a tiny bit of effort to look for it. Spending effort to bury it just makes it seem more interesting to the curious. Limit the coverage of the manifesto to some vague derision and neither draw attention to nor bury it and both the curiosity for the forbidden and the advertising for the message goes away.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
So apparently the manifesto leaked, and the killing was motivated by anti-white bigotry, there were multiple mentions of wanting to kill cracker children and white privilege and the like.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Agree on the not reporting names, disagree on burying manifestos. Don't publish them in major media, but don't bother to bury and taboo them either. Make them something that anyone curious could read with a tiny bit of effort to look for it. Spending effort to bury it just makes it seem more interesting to the curious. Limit the coverage of the manifesto to some vague derision and neither draw attention to nor bury it and both the curiosity for the forbidden and the advertising for the message goes away.
They did that with all the memorials and stuff around Port Arthur. They never name the shooter, it’s just ‘the gunman’.

As for these manifestos; file them away and if anyone wants to read it they can make an FOI request. Bullshit like this is typically only of interest to academics and crazies. And crazies (probably) won’t make the request because that would mean dealing with The Man.

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
Ehh, I've seen the three pages. Calling it a manifesto is overselling it.
I mean, are those three pages all there is to it, or is that just an excerpt (I would assume the latter)? Because it's a timetable for planning the attack and a few bits of ranting about wanting to kill private school kids for their "white privlages".

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
I mean, are those three pages all there is to it, or is that just an excerpt (I would assume the latter)? Because it's a timetable for planning the attack and a few bits of ranting about wanting to kill private school kids for their "white privlages".
Don't know. Don't really care. Shouldn't publicize any of these, really. If there was a clear motive or some actionable backstory, that might be useful, but otherwise we should be stifling any sort of fame